Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
krieg's mom
Registered Users

Best overnight "pullup" type diaper

My 2 year old has been potty trained for a while but still wears pull ups at night. We just converted to cloth with our 5 month old, and I would like to do cloths for my 2 yr old as well. Any suggestions on ones that won't feel like diapers to him? (He would throw a fit!!)

Advertisement

krieg's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
boymomma
Registered Users

Re: Best overnight "pullup" type diaper

Antsy Pants look just like a disposable pull up, but are cloth and have pockets for stuffing to your liking. We love them. HTH!
http://getantsy.com/
boymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm in a similar position as you, just started CDing my youngest a few months ago but wanting to use cloth on my (almost) 4 year old for night time. I've tried Bummis training pants and Happy Heinys pocket trainer. I don't like the fit of either one, they both fit him funny and give him a big bubble front and back. The HH I can stuff with a prefold but honestly because of the ill fit they both leak. So I would recommend staying away from those.
I just got my first Bumgenius 4.0 this week, and decided to try that on him. Now he's big (close to 40 lbs), so I had it on all the biggest settings and it fit him even stuffed with a prefold, and no leaks! And I think on a smaller child, the stretchy tabs would allow for pulling up/down, especially if you had enough wiggle room to make the diaper fit a little bit looser. So, if the "diaper-ness" of it doesn't bother you and your child, that would be my recommendation. Plus the 4.0 is going to be more versatile for future children or resale, and overall it's just a really nice diaper. I will definitely be picking up more when the new colors come out.
HTH!
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

I agree that antsy pants are great. Some WAHMs also make pull up trainers, on hyenacart and etsy. I'll try to find links later... On my iPod now..