Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #11
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Re: Neighbor freaking me out with her CPS threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyBeautifulMama View Post
I would go to the landlord first. Tell him you are having problems with her. I am sure he would be able to help you figure out who she is. If he doesnt do anything I would go to the police. Then the next time you see her just simply tell her that you have the landlord and the police involved and if she doesnt leave your family alone then you will take the next steps to gain a restraining order.
This!

Advertisement

myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

What a scary situation! I would call both the police and the landlord and ask their advice. The landlord likely knows who it is and maybe could give you some more information. And I would just tell the police what you told us: what is happening and that you are getting nervous about it and don't know how to handle it anymore.

That sounds terrible and I bet it makes you nervous to even walk around outside!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #13
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

My goodness! I agree, go to the apartment manager/landlord. He/she definitely needs to know you are being harassed and they may have had other reports of her harassing other tenants.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #14
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i agree with above..start a paper trail now so that if this escalates or intensifies you will have proof of prior efforts to get her to "cease and desist" so to speak
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #15
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW. I suggest doing everything everyone above suggested and I would take care of it immediately. You do not know what this lady is capable of.

I really feel for you mama.

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
CORGIDOG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pp have covered much of it. I will just add (as others have also indicated) that this woman sounds like she has some major psychological issues. At the very, very least, her boundaries are in question. I would steer very wide. You never know when she may completely go off her rocker.
CORGIDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #17
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd call the police and tell them that this person is harrassing you and giving you threats of calling CPS for no reason. We had someone who threatened to call CPS on us because we had dogs. Um, so does like half the families in this world. They kept threatening us so we called CPS on ourselves and said this person is threatening us with calling you because we have dogs. So if you'd like to come out and take a look at our house and yard and evaluate our child that would be fine. They did an over the phone report but never came out and said that we shouldn't worry about this other person and if he called them they would say it has already been taken care of.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #18
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with all the other pps. Go to the landlord, call the police, start leaving a "paper trail" so that if something does go sour, you have evidence in hand already. Also, if you have nothing to worry about as far as CPS goes, then let her call them! If you're a good mama then you have nothing to fear with them, they only have the best interest of the child in mind. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
Gloriel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by j+csmama View Post
I agree with all the other pps. Go to the landlord, call the police, start leaving a "paper trail" so that if something does go sour, you have evidence in hand already. Also, if you have nothing to worry about as far as CPS goes, then let her call them! If you're a good mama then you have nothing to fear with them, they only have the best interest of the child in mind. Just my 2 cents.
this!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #20
Ashley Denine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne View Post
Instinct says that she might have been abused herself or is abusive. Totally has lost some of her marbles upstairs. I would avoid her at all costs. If she continues to follow you and harass you I would go to the police. If you run into her all the time maybe you could get someone to walk you home. Maybe you could go to your landlord and find out who she is. She probably acts like this all the time so your landlord may already know she is a problem and be able to help you out with telling you who she is.
I agree talk to your landlord, then go to the cops .. I wouldnt wait around to see her again, and I wouldnt wait for her crazy A** to call cps. thats nuts! Id tell her to go look for kids being beat in public and to go help them!

Trash to Treasure blog. FOLLOW ME!
http://1dress1week.blogspot.com/
Ashley Denine is offline   Reply With Quote