Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #21
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:
Re: Neighbor freaking me out with her CPS threats

If I remember correctly aren't you the one who's neighbors harass you about who your childrens' father is? Your neighbor doesn't make any sense when you're wearing him she says it's torture and when he's walking she says you don't love him? I really don't think you have anything to worry about although that does bother you but you can't prove something that's not there. She just sounds crazy.

Any possibility you could move?

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #22
harleysmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by j+csmama View Post
I agree with all the other pps. Go to the landlord, call the police, start leaving a "paper trail" so that if something does go sour, you have evidence in hand already. Also, if you have nothing to worry about as far as CPS goes, then let her call them! If you're a good mama then you have nothing to fear with them, they only have the best interest of the child in mind. Just my 2 cents.
this, but i also wanted to add that you should keep track of the incidents on your own. avoid her (of course) but if you do come in contact with her, record the date, time, and a short blurb of what happened and how you responded (i'd use the same response every time, something like "i'm sorry, I can't talk right now").

presently a stay at home mom and freelance sculptor.
harleysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #23
MOsborne05
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with the others. Talk to the landlord first. If the landlord has had problems with her in the past, they may be able to evict her. And if the landlord will not do anything, definitely go to the police and file a report for harassment. That way it is documented in case you would need it for some reason. I would look into getting a protection order as well, and the police officer should be able to help you with that.

Cami (2/09) & Drew (11/12)
MOsborne05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #24
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyBeautifulMama View Post
I would go to the landlord first. Tell him you are having problems with her. I am sure he would be able to help you figure out who she is. If he doesnt do anything I would go to the police. Then the next time you see her just simply tell her that you have the landlord and the police involved and if she doesnt leave your family alone then you will take the next steps to gain a restraining order.
I agree with this.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #25
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysmama View Post
this, but i also wanted to add that you should keep track of the incidents on your own. avoid her (of course) but if you do come in contact with her, record the date, time, and a short blurb of what happened and how you responded (i'd use the same response every time, something like "i'm sorry, I can't talk right now").

Also, I believe depending on the state you live in you can record her without consent. If your state allows "one party consent" then as long as you are ONE of the parties in the conversation you can record it. If you live in a state the is "two party" or "all party" consent then that means everyone in the converstaion has to be aware of it and consent to it.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #26
BranAn7881
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I would call the police the next time she approaches you. Getting the harrassment on record will help you if you need to get a restraining order. So sorry you have to deal with this Mama Hopefully after a couple calls to the police, she'll get the hint.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #27
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You have great advice already.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
jefesita
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyBeautifulMama View Post
I would go to the landlord first. Tell him you are having problems with her. I am sure he would be able to help you figure out who she is. If he doesnt do anything I would go to the police. Then the next time you see her just simply tell her that you have the landlord and the police involved and if she doesnt leave your family alone then you will take the next steps to gain a restraining order.
This momma, go to your landlord first, give them a description get a name from them or something. if it doesnt resolve, take it higher and let the landlord know you plan on going higher if need be.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #29
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Keep a record of the harassment so you can show that she's a crazy idiot! I agree with the others, talk to your landlord and if that doesn't do anything talk to the police- WITH your records that you keep of every time she tries to contact you, every nasty thing she says to you.
Obviously we all know that babywearing does not warrant a CPS call, unfortunately I believe they have to follow up on every call crazy or not.
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #30
pcjs
Registered Users

Don't worry about CPS - they aren't going to be bothered with you wearing your child. Really...

But, tell her.. thank you for your concern for my children. We look forward to their visit.

And, talk to the landlord, and go to the police if necessary. That is scary.