Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #81
Raisinsonthevine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Neighbor freaking me out with her CPS threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby_99833 View Post
Do you have an adult protective services department in your area?

If this woman had a stroke and is really being this crazy (following people areound, setting her house on fire, etc) I would seriously question her ability to take care of herself. She may need to be placed in state custody or her family needs to come get her and take care of her.
Yes, please call! When I worked in a nursing home a lot of residents were like this when they arrived. After figuring out the correct medications and realizing that they were safe with much of the staff, they became very different people!

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #82
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

holy crap. get a restraining order asap. if she said those rude comments to me i'd be crying and furious!!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:07 AM   #83
LilMamaK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialectica View Post
Yes, I am filing a report, but I am not worried any more, because all the neighbors know that she is not quite sane . Another neighbor told me that she set her apartment on fire last year, and the police came. So CPS is not on my list of things to be worried about!
This sounds more like dementia or early Alzheimer's then results of a stroke...why is she living alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby_99833 View Post
Do you have an adult protective services department in your area?

If this woman had a stroke and is really being this crazy (following people around, setting her house on fire, etc) I would seriously question her ability to take care of herself. She may need to be placed in state custody or her family needs to come get her and take care of her.

That. And really mama, even though the consensus is that she's just "nuts" the fact is that old people with dementia (from whatever cause-stroke/Alzheimer's/plain old dementia) can be dangerous (just like any other improperly medicated & monitored mentally ill person).