Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
kkalltheway
Registered Users

What are you doing for your other LO's?

This isnt the first rodeo for most of us and I thought it would be fun to see what other mommy's are doing for their other kids. Do you have any special plans? Making something special? How are you helping your other kids feel special when there is so much attention focused on the expected addition?

As for us my kids are unknowingly helping me make them amigurumi (little crocheted stuffed toys). I make the peices they stuff them and when they go to bed I stitch them together and have hidden them until the special day when daddy is going to give them to them.

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are you doing for your other LO's?

Well, the girls' birthday is around when baby is due, so they've got presents coming anyway but with all of the knitting I'm doing for Griffon, I'm also making sure to knit each of them at least one thing. They like that a lot.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD is only one and has no concept that a baby is coming (even though we tell her daily, she's just a little too young, haha!) Needless to say, my mommy is coming out to take care/hang out with her... So she gets to hang out with nana for special!
But really, I have no idea what to do for her, because she doesn't even understand.
Any ideas for my little princess, or should I just pass on it?

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
kkalltheway
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post
DD is only one and has no concept that a baby is coming (even though we tell her daily, she's just a little too young, haha!) Needless to say, my mommy is coming out to take care/hang out with her... So she gets to hang out with nana for special!
But really, I have no idea what to do for her, because she doesn't even understand.
Any ideas for my little princess, or should I just pass on it?
I dont think you have to do something. When I had my second my first was 1 yo and I gave her a baby the day he was born so she would leave my baby alone But that was more for my sake then hers. She always wanted to help and 1 yo are not very gentle. Now with #4 my other 3 are old enough to recognize that the new baby is getting a lot of new things and I just dont want them to get jealous. If they were younger I would skip it tho.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah, mine is only 18 months so he doesn't really know what's going on. I have grandmas coming so I'm sure they will spoil them with new toys.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
CorbinsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah same boat here. Little man will be 18mo when Newbie arrives so I'm not sure if it's sunk in yet. His Auntie is staying with him while we're in the hospital so I'm sure he'll get tons of spoiling in. The baby doll is a good idea though!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, mine will be about 5 & 3, so they both know what's going on . When dd2 was born dd1 didn't get anything different--just a baby sister. I think we got her a doll beforehand?
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
Malakaiii
Registered Users
seller

When my brother was born, I had just turned 2. My parents got me a special stuffed animal that I got the same day he was born. For a while I thought that my mom gave birth to it as well...
Malakaiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
BerryBlues
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know what to do for mine. He doesn't really get that Mama is having a baby. I did give him his own baby to care for now, and he has enjoyed holding my sisters new one. So I think just having a new baby will be great with him. I am thinking of picking something up for him when he comes to see us in the hospital. I just don't know what yet.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #10
Avasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We ordered TONS of arts and crafts supplies so that Ava has fun stuff to keep her occupied. Whenever we think she needs some extra attention, one of us can sit down and do a little project with her to make her feel special too. We have lots of family really close by so they will all be helpful with taking her out for the day and what not. I am also going to have a special necklace made for her to give to her when he is born.