Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
coobeastie
Registered Users
seller

Happy Flute and Kawaii diapers

Are these diapers the same or is Happy Flute ripping off Kawaii?
I bought a Happy Flute minky from eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT) and it's the same fabric as a Kawaii with round tabs. (for Kawaii see theluvyourbaby.com) If you look at the eBay seller's store they have a lot more diapers that look just like Kawaii:http://shop.ebay.com/good_seller003/...&_trksid=p3686

Advertisement

coobeastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
healthydiapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: Happy Flute and Kawaii diapers

Those are cute prints and colors, and seem like a great price! Let us know how you like it! Action pics would be great, too!
healthydiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
sunnybrit
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I bought 3 minky diapers from this seller and I love them! I got 2 with hearts (the pink one and the blue/purple one) and one blue with white dots. The blue with white dots one has the Happy Flute tag on it but the heart ones don't. They are just a tiny bit different from each other so I'm not sure if the untagged ones are Happy Flute. I only have 1 Kawaii minky and it's aplix so I can't really compare but the ebay ones are much, much trimmer than the kawaii! Plus the ebay ones are suede cloth and kawaii are fleece. I actually prefer suede cloth. I have some pictures and was going to do a review post later about them. I really do love these dipes and plan on getting more!

BritneyWife to S Mom to DS E (5) DD K (4) DS Z (0)
Earn SwagBucks with me!!!
sunnybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
coobeastie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnybrit View Post
I bought 3 minky diapers from this seller and I love them! I got 2 with hearts (the pink one and the blue/purple one) and one blue with white dots. The blue with white dots one has the Happy Flute tag on it but the heart ones don't. They are just a tiny bit different from each other so I'm not sure if the untagged ones are Happy Flute. I only have 1 Kawaii minky and it's aplix so I can't really compare but the ebay ones are much, much trimmer than the kawaii! Plus the ebay ones are suede cloth and kawaii are fleece. I actually prefer suede cloth. I have some pictures and was going to do a review post later about them. I really do love these dipes and plan on getting more!
I'm glad to hear you like them! I already have two more on the way, so I hope I like them too. I ordered the Hello Kitty and Winnie the Pooh ones.
Once I get the first one washed I'll have to check it out and take pictures.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
sunnybrit
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The Hello Kitty and Winnie the Pooh look so cute! I'm trying to decide which ones I want to get. I uploaded some pictures of mine if anyone is interested in seeing them...
Here are 2 of the 3 diapers I got

The inserts are really thin - only 2 layers of microfiber I think but so far I haven't had any leaking problems.
Here are the 2 diapers next to each other. You can see that the one on the left (with the happy flute label) has a slightly tighter elastic than the other one.

The pocket opening has elastic on the suede cloth inner as well. This makes it kind of hard to get the insert in. Doesn't bug me too much though.

Here's DD in one. They're actually quite big diapers. I believe their description says they fit up to 33 lbs. but I think it would be higher than that. I had this one on the largest setting. I've since snapped it down to the medium setting and that fits DD better. She's around 28 lbs.

They squish down a bunch with pants on. DD can wear some of her most snug pants with these. Love them!

BritneyWife to S Mom to DS E (5) DD K (4) DS Z (0)
Earn SwagBucks with me!!!
sunnybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I ordered a happy flute (got the olive green color) and LOVE the color - the kit is good too - but we have only used it twice maybe - I have a large stash...I also ordered 4 more at the same time - I think he either forgot to send them or they got lost so I am waiting for the replacement of those (the language barrier makes it hard to communicate through ebay). The only thing I *could* complain about is that the front part does not have the inside strip of PUL (like BG does) not sure it really matters but I did notice the difference...AND I was going to add a cross over snap or a wing droop snap (I have skinny waisted kiddos) and while the snaps are reinforced, they just have a small bit of reinforcement in there so I would need to add some reinforcement to whatever snaps I add...not a big deal, and totally not their fault.

I do like the additional color choices...I saw one auction where they showed all 24 colors with #s and was SOOOO tempted to email them and ask how much one of each color would be...but I don't need 24 more diapers

and YES, plenty of growing room on my 34 lbs kiddo (he is napping or I would add pics)

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 08-23-2010 at 12:29 PM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
treehuggerheather
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do you know they are called happy flute? I don't see that on her auctions. Did it take 2-3 weeks to get these? I also don't understand how she says to specify DM500S or DM500C or whatever, what's that mean?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't know I was ordering "happy flute" it is what the tag says - I really just ordered these for the color and I figured for $4.59 I can use them as swim diapers if they don't work as regular diapers....and I actually DID order one for a friend as a swim diaper (she doesn't use cloth but they have a pool and go through a TON of sposie swim diapers)

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
coobeastie
Registered Users
seller

My diaper took 10 days to get here.
I didn't have to specify anything, I think that's just if you get one of the auctions with more than one dipe.
You can't really tell the brand when you bid unless you can see a piece of the tag and recognize it.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #10
coobeastie
Registered Users
seller

Ok, so I got the diaper cleaned up and ready. It is huge! She's wearing it on the smallest rise (she's almost 5 months and about 14lbs). There seems to be a little bit of extra room around the legs in the front, so we'll see how it goes.