Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: DS signed his first word!

I could hunt down some links, but Google does such a great job lol. Google :baby sign language and you will find a ton of resources. Signing Time is really popular. This got me thinking though- if there was a "baby sign" class in your area, would you take it (say the time commitment was like 1-2 hrs/wk for 4 wks) if so, how much would you be willing to spend on something like that? I teach high school right now, but it never occurred to me that I might want to offer something like that lol.

aubreyaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
Registered Users

My little porker's first sign was "milk", followed closely by "more" at around 5 or 6m I think. It's so awesome being able to communicate with them at that age. I remember my friends frustrations when they couldn't figure out what their LOs wanted. Then they'd watch Lo and I "talk", but kept saying he'd be delayed speaking. He said everything verbally right on que. Now I can't get him to shut up with his hands or his mouth
$5 sign up bonus at inboxdollars
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Carl Sagan
Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 3 yr old had a huge speech delay and we bought the "Signing Time" videos and he loved them ! He didnt start signing till he was about 18 mo old and had no words but he knew about 28 signs by age 2 and it was a huge help. He transitioned into talking very quickly after that.
oceanwesties is offline   Reply With Quote