Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
snugsboutique
Registered Users
seller

NO COOKIES BEFORE BED!

"I know you want a snack before bed...you can have a banana or some toast, but no cookies"...

I don't know how many times I've had this convorsation with my son!

Advertisement

snugsboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NO COOKIES BEFORE BED!

I just had milk and cookies

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
cotopaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL. For us it's, "You ate dessert already. No more dessert today."

"But WHEN can I have more dessert?"

"Tomorrow."

"But WHEN TODAY can I have more dessert??"
Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Dean7698
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like my house. Except I have to say "You've had enough sugar for today. Please find something better."
Sarah Wife to Patrick,Mama to DD #1 12/14/2001,DD #2 08/04/2003,DD #3 12/28/2008, and DD #4 October 10,2010
Dean7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's ice cream around here; we almost never have cookies in the house.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

my kids almost never get sweets, so with ODS it's juice or chocolate milk (which is Ovaltine)

But now I want cookies...thanks
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have "there are no cookies" conversation in our house everyday about 3 times a day for at least a half hour at every occurrence. Ds thinks that I have some secret cookie stash that only mommies know about. I think it's because I go shopping without him and then the next day...magic somehow happens and...bananas are there, grapes, and milk, etc...so cookies must appear magically when you want them too. That would be nice if it worked that way...perhaps they could be delicious and fat free too.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is Tharen too. My favorite is "I can't finish my dinner, I'm too full. Can I have a snack?" When he says "snack" he means sweets. I don't mind if it is something like Teddy Grahams and he has finished his dinner but I won't let him have cookies or candy all the time like he thinks he should. If you aren't hungry enough to eat your dinner you aren't hungry enough to need a "snack". His other is "I don't want to eat, just drink." I keep telling him he can have water if he wants it but no more milk. He would drink milk all day long and eat practically nothing if I let him. He will usually settle for yogurt but he can really only have two yogurts at most a day because he doesn't handle cow's milk proteins well. It is easier on him if it is in yogurt form but we still have to be careful or it hurts his stomach.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #9
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
This is Tharen too. My favorite is "I can't finish my dinner, I'm too full. Can I have a snack?" When he says "snack" he means sweets. I don't mind if it is something like Teddy Grahams and he has finished his dinner but I won't let him have cookies or candy all the time like he thinks he should. If you aren't hungry enough to eat your dinner you aren't hungry enough to need a "snack". His other is "I don't want to eat, just drink." I keep telling him he can have water if he wants it but no more milk. He would drink milk all day long and eat practically nothing if I let him. He will usually settle for yogurt but he can really only have two yogurts at most a day because he doesn't handle cow's milk proteins well. It is easier on him if it is in yogurt form but we still have to be careful or it hurts his stomach.
this is Jordan!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
This is my DD to a T. DS1 will eat nearly anything I put in front of him (except any veggies ) but when she starts asking for snacks then he wants them too- somes DS1 will get one because he ate his dinner, but DD usually does not, because she won't finish hers!

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote