Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:39 AM   #11
leighi123
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your 2-3 year old nap?

My ds hasnt napped sense he was 13ish months old. He only sleeps maybe 10 hours at the most in 24hours. He is weird!

Advertisement

leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #12
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 2 1/2 year old takes daily naps. During the work week while at the sitters he sleeps 1-2 hours. At home on the weekends/holidays he sleeps 2-3 hours.

He's an active/energetic kid so I really enjoy those nap times so I can regroup too!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:57 AM   #13
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 28 months old and still naps around 1.5 - 2 hours a day. When he visits my parents he often goes 3 hours cause their house is sooo quiet. He goes to bed at 7pm every night and gets up around 730 am. He is a great sleeper now!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It varies. Sometimes he says "I not nap, I not tired," and I let him stay up, sometimes paying for it in the evening when he becomes a holy terror. Other days I make him take a nap and he'll sleep for 2 hours or so.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #15
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS is 30 months and at the sitter's he doesn't nap like he should because all the activity going on around him. He'll fall asleep sometimes on the couch for a little bit but she doesn't have designated sleeping areas for the older kids, just the little ones. But when he is at home he will take a 2 1/2 to 3 hr nap a day and sleeps 9 to 10 hours at night. I know he needs a nap at the sitter's but he just won't stop playing long enough to lay down and take a decent nap. He will fall asleep in the car on the way home at 5pm and that causes a tantrum when we get home because he wants to keep sleeping but we can't let him or he will be up all night.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #16
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep...DD will be 27 months in a couple weeks. She goes to bed between 11pm and midnight most nights, sleeps until 10:30-11:30 each morning, then she takes a 2-3 hour nap each afternoon as well. Very very rarely she'll try skipping the nap, but she ends up crashing out for a super late nap around dinnertime & then wakes up at bedtime and we all end up getting into a horrible sleep cycle for a few days trying to get her back on track.

My 4.5 year old still really needs a nap each day too, but he doesn't sleep as long at night and usually doesn't nap as long as his sister. He's usually in bed at the same time as her but wakes up by 9:30 each morning, then he naps 2 hours max each afternoon.

Last edited by smashncakes; 08-24-2010 at 08:20 AM.
smashncakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Naps are 100% mandatory in my house. DD is 3.5 and DS is 2. I would be a total trainwreck without some measure of quiteness during the day. I can only handle so much of the normal kid routine.

"Mom, can we watch a movie?" "Mom can we eat some goldfish?" "Mom can we go to the park?" "Mom can we play in the rain?" "Mommy read me this book!" "Mommy can I sit on your lap while you wash the dishes?" "Mommy can I help you cook?" "Mommy how come our dog doesn't have nipples?" "Mommy where did the cat go?" "Can I come with you in the bathroom?" "Can I take a shower with you?" "Where is Daddy? ... But I want him to come home!"

I absolutely adore them, they're my whole world and my whole life and I would give my dying breath to make sure they were happy. But, after a few hours of nonstop toddler-isms and sibling spats, I can feel my bloodshot eyes starting to twitch. ROFL.

I NEED their naptime to have some quiet and to have some time without another human touching/poking/hitting/chasing/pulling me.

So, I've decided in this house, naps will not ever end. EVER. At some point, if they prefer to sit in their rooms quietly, that's fine. But for now, even my 3.5 y/o naps everyday at least 2 hours.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #18
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my 4 yr old still takes a nap...but he still did at 2-3. every now and then he doesn't nap at daycare but then falls asleep on the way home around 545 6 p.m. he still needs it
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #19
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter (3 in Nov) still takes a 2-3 hour nap / day. Once or twice a week it will be a bit shorter.
She goes to bed around 7:30 and is up at 6am

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #20
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 4 year old naps. She sleeps for about 2 hours every afternoon - more or less depending on what we've done that day. I guess she'll have to give it up when she starts full-time school but for now she clearly needs it. She goes to bed at 9:30 every night and sleeps until 7:30 (with one scheduled potty waking).
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote