Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Hats
Registered Users
seller

Baby Signing

Can anyone recommend a good baby signing book (or website even)? When is a good time to start signing? DS is 3 1/2 months and I have started to do the sign for milk while he is nursing. I know he won't do it back for a really long time but I would like to get in the habit of doing it myself.

Advertisement

Hats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby Signing

I used MyBabyCanTalk.com and their DVDs and they were awesome. I started signing milk and eat when my LOs were nursing as soon as they were holding eye contact, around 6 weeks old. I started having them watch the DVDs around 9 months, and DD knew all the signs by the time she was around 12 months old. She started signing at about 15 months, and by that I mean she suddenly one day started doing ALL the signs! I did the same thing with DS, and he started signing around 12-13 months. It's been awesome for us, DS is 16 months old and signs please and thank you, and I'm able to tell them, "stop whining, tell me what you want" and they can! The website says not to expect the baby to sign until around 10 months at the earliest. HTH!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

I read "Sign with your Baby" I don't know who wrote it. I forget. ETA: It also comes with a DVD. DH hates reading so he watched the tv. haha

We started when ODS was 6mo old and he signed back to me by the time he was 10-11mo old. It was a LIFE saver. Our 2nd I haven't started yet, he's 8mo, but it's purely lack of remembering to do it on my part. I am starting to get back into the habit now.

Last edited by Crew&West; 08-24-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Crew&West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

www.signingtime.com

Lots of mamas on here use the Signing Time DVDs including me. My DD is crazy about them and signs EVERYTHING! It's amazing. There should be a COOP coming up for Signing Time so if you can hold out you can rack up on DVDs for cheap!