Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
New pediatrician, it went great!

I had a pediatrician that I loved. But when DH left his job, we lost our insurance and the kiddos went on Medicaid, which my pediatrician, Dr.N. doesn't take.

It was difficult to find a new pediatrician who was currently taking new Medicaid patients. I found one. I didn't care for the practice as a whole, but the pedi was awesome, but the next time we went in, I was told that she was no longer there that she was "taking some time off." I did not like her partner. She basically argued with me when I told her that DS3 was not ready for solids. No matter what I said... that we were waiting for six months at least, that he wasn't ready, etc.. she just kept saying "Ok, so give him at least one jar a day."

So I called Dr.N's office and asked for a recomendation, and they sent me to Dr. C.

Dr. C. is awesome. I told them that I CD, do baby led weaning, EBF and co-sleep. The male nurse's response was "That's great!" When Dr. C. came in. The first thing she said was that he was beautiful (he's 6 months). I gave her a brief history on his weight gain issues, and she assured me that he's growing perfectly now (I also supplied her with his growth chart from Dr.N's office). She askedi f he was bottle fed I said "Nope, he's exclusively breast fed." she said "That's good!" Then she notice that he was wearing cloth and said:

"I finally have a perfect patient in here today!" I said "I know he's perfect, but what exactly do you mean?" She said "Breast fed and cloth diapered. That's what I like to see!"

When she asked about solids, I told her that even though he's 6 months, he's just not quite ready. That he cannot sit up unassisted yet, and even though I've offered solids a few times, he's not interested. I said "If he wants it great, but if not I see no reason to try to force it down his throat." She said that I had the perfect philosiphy. And then she said "Well, he's your 3rd, and the older ones look healthy. You know what you're doing, but I'm here if you need me."

So I am SOOO happy that I have FINALLY found a pediatrician that is as good as the one I had to leave!

The only thing she said was that she thought I should put him on an iron drop suppliment, since he isn't eating solids. She said "That's why we start with cereal typically, because it's iron fortified." I don't think I'll get the iron suppliments, unless he starts to seem anemic. And he's on WIC so they'll check that when we go to recertify next month.

I'm so relieved... no more searching!

God bless!

Advertisement

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: New pediatrician, it went great!

It's so nice to hear positive stories. My boys were on Medicaid when I wasn't working and then they went to the step up program called Kidcare, still Medicaid but I paid a premium and OY, do I feel you on finding a good doctor, let alone one that was close for us. They always wanted to send me over an hour away because so many docs in my area didn't take it.

I finally just said forget it and put them on my employer insurance even though it's an arm and leg in cost.

Glad to hear she was so supportive
Old 08-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yay! I just had to switch pediatricians too because my last one was... a jerk to say the least and called my 4 month old baby obese and to not feed her as much and when she was hungry to give her pedialyte instead! jerks..
Im happy that you found one; I remember reading that you were having a hard time!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89 View Post
yay! I just had to switch pediatricians too because my last one was... a jerk to say the least and called my 4 month old baby obese and to not feed her as much and when she was hungry to give her pedialyte instead! jerks..
Im happy that you found one; I remember reading that you were having a hard time!
What the??? That is awful mama That sounds almost quack-ish!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89 View Post
Pedalyte instead of breast milk? Wow.. that's uneducated!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad you found a pedi so compatible with your family!

Ours is wonderful as well. Fully supportive of breastfeeding, 'delaying' solids until 6 months (my babe is 7 mos and just really picked up eating within the past 2 weeks), etc.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

that's so exciting! We go to meet our new ped on the 23rd of September and I'm nervous!!! Both our boys are delayed vax'ers and I'm dreading that converstaiton!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! God bless!