Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
In need of a little cheering up..

On another board I frequent.. (babycenter..) there is a huuuuuuuuge post going on about tacky things.. one was people who name their kids "different things" and they listed a website..
well. I went to this website.. and not only did they have my youngest daughters name on it.. they had her ENTIRE name on it.. complete with A LINK to the birth announcement page from the hospital..
Saying that "they're hoping it's ethnic" .. um.. and if it's NOT? what's it to people anyway? DF and I both agreed what we would name our daughter, it's not this strange "cute" spelling on an overly 'normal' name.. its a name that you will not find anyplace else OTHER than about her.. or about the roleplaying game character of mine whom she was named after..

.. So.. tell me..
what's so bad about the name Lisariendri? and if its a little difficult looking to pronounce it's Lee Sah Re Ahn D're .. with RE being as in.. reply reuse.. ect..

Advertisement

KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: In need of a little cheering up..

I'm sorry that happend to you mama, how rude! That is why I don't frequent BBC any more, I use to go to the name boards there all the time but people there are more into putting everyones names down if they are not the "fashonable" Lily, Emily, Ruby, Madison, Katherine etc... kind of names than actually discussing baby names. Whilder probably would have been Tangerine if it wern't for the 10 page post in which people described in detail how horrible of a person I was for even considering naming her that. And they didn't have many nice things to say about "Whilder" either. Screw those people, maybe you should just stick around DS Oh and I love love love the pronunciation of your dd's name
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
autumnlily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's awful that you found a link to your daughter's birth announcement AND that people said mean things.

I think her name is pretty, yes - it may pose an initial challenge for those who first go to pronounce it...but once they HEAR it...they'll know it's a beautiful name for a beautiful REDhead (I wanted a REDhead so badly!!!)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnlily View Post
(I wanted a REDhead so badly!!!)
Me too!!!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yep, my beautiful redhaired 1/4 phillipino princess.. I love every last little inch of my mishka (one of her many nicknames! lol)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
Dr.HeathenFaerie
Registered Users

My Mood:

LOL Everybody in my family told me I was nuts to name my daughter Hazel don't feel bad I think it is a very nice name..
Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

That's awful and mean of them. I don't know what to say about your daughter's name, everyone has different tastes!! Its different, beautiful, and special to you and that's what's important.
I know its hard, but try not to let them bother you. It probably won't be the last time that someone misreads or acts ignorantly towards that name. It isn't your average Jennifer, Michelle or Sarah girl's name, kwim??
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisaMomma View Post
Yep, my beautiful redhaired 1/4 phillipino princess.. I love every last little inch of my mishka (one of her many nicknames! lol)
She's a red head and asian too! You lucky brat!! Well at least she is "ethnic"
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lol! but not ethnic enough to have the name Lisariendri since it;s not a "Legit" name.. who decides what name IS legit and what isnt anyway?

yep, red haired and asian.. she's a lucky brat!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #10
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisaMomma View Post
Lol! but not ethnic enough to have the name Lisariendri since it;s not a "Legit" name.. who decides what name IS legit and what isnt anyway?
The b**** at babycenter do of course! I read the thread you are talking about (I think) and one name really caught my attention. Two people mentioned it so apparently there are at least 2 little girls in the world named Abcde. One was prononced "ab-see-de" and the other was "ab-seed" or something like that. Not that I love the way it sounds but I think that is pretty darn creative! I tried to get dh to let me use it for the next but no luck maybe I can convince him on Wxyz
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!