Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #11
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: In need of a little cheering up..

ab-see-de actually sounds pretty, but i think the spelling could be a little different.. but heck not my baby right?

Man.. there are just some not to pleasant people at babycenter.. I guess you are right, forget bbc.. I dun need them :P

ETA.. more pretty babiness!

Advertisement

Last edited by KisaMomma; 03-01-2007 at 06:01 PM.
KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #12
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Oh that is so mean, I'm so sorry. I like your daughters name.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #13
Colleeny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww...how inappropriate for them to say! I think you should respond to their post and let them know their ideas and thoughts on things are just flat out rude. How horrible for them to copy and paste the birth announcement and poke fun. Really...they should be ashamed.

Heck with them~ Stay where you are loved and people are nice! Diaperswappers!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #14
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all, let me say I am soooo sorry you had to go through that. It really hurts when someone brings your beautiful, innocent child into something so ridiculous and juvenile. I wish I could say "just ignore it" but I know it isn't that easy. Regardless of what people's opinions are on your daughters name (which I think it too cool, btw) it doesnt matter! All that matters is that her name came from your hearts.

I had a similar experience, but I didnt take the advice that I just gave you.
Before Emma was born, we had an entirely different name picked out for her. Something faaaar left of Emma. It was the name that my husband and I just adored and felt so passionate about. But, from the time we announced it we got NOTHING but flack. About a month after we chose it (I was about 30 weeks pregnant) I caught wind from a friend to check out a "bad baby names" website where MY child was the target of ridicule. Turns out that many dozens of members of this forum were completely amused by the name we picked, and went on for pages about how horrible it was, how it sounded like the name of a dog, stripper, food etc...and how we must be idiotic to "curse our child with such a freakin dumb a** name".
They also found the link to my online blog about my pregnancy and felt the need to post that for the world as well.
My husband and I were shocked, and it affected us SO deeply that we actually went back to the drawing board and changed her name. So, Emma is became.

Here, 7 months later, I do (in some small way) regret changing my mind. I shouldnt have. Especially because some stupid people on the internet disliked it. What a dope I was.

All this to say that I really do feel for you, and I dont think its right what those people have done. Nor is it at all right for them to have posted your personal information online for the entire world to see. But, not everyone online is as curteous and kind as the women here.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #15
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama im sorry this happened to you... some of the people who frequent those boards should learn to be nicer...yikes!

I completely feel your pain, I do.
My now 4 year old daughter - from the get go I had the name picked "Darryn for a girl, and Darren for a boy" and when I found out she was a girl, and told people I was naming her Darryn - boy did the @#$% hit the fan! I mean her own blood aunt (which she doesn't see anymore btw, but not for that reason) wouldn't call her by her first name, she called her "angelina" which is one of her middle names ...because she felt "Darryn" is a boys name (even though its not spelled the boys way??) and she refused to call her neice by her name...sad, really..

We get the comments too, still do to this way. Like "You call her WHAT" "Isn't Darryn a BOYS name?" ...oh it goes on and on...

So again

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #16
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseemom View Post
First of all, let me say I am soooo sorry you had to go through that. It really hurts when someone brings your beautiful, innocent child into something so ridiculous and juvenile. I wish I could say "just ignore it" but I know it isn't that easy. Regardless of what people's opinions are on your daughters name (which I think it too cool, btw) it doesnt matter! All that matters is that her name came from your hearts.

I had a similar experience, but I didnt take the advice that I just gave you.
Before Emma was born, we had an entirely different name picked out for her. Something faaaar left of Emma. It was the name that my husband and I just adored and felt so passionate about. But, from the time we announced it we got NOTHING but flack. About a month after we chose it (I was about 30 weeks pregnant) I caught wind from a friend to check out a "bad baby names" website where MY child was the target of ridicule. Turns out that many dozens of members of this forum were completely amused by the name we picked, and went on for pages about how horrible it was, how it sounded like the name of a dog, stripper, food etc...and how we must be idiotic to "curse our child with such a freakin dumb a** name".
They also found the link to my online blog about my pregnancy and felt the need to post that for the world as well.
My husband and I were shocked, and it affected us SO deeply that we actually went back to the drawing board and changed her name. So, Emma is became.

Here, 7 months later, I do (in some small way) regret changing my mind. I shouldnt have. Especially because some stupid people on the internet disliked it. What a dope I was.

All this to say that I really do feel for you, and I dont think its right what those people have done. Nor is it at all right for them to have posted your personal information online for the entire world to see. But, not everyone online is as curteous and kind as the women here.
I wanna know what name you had picked, If your willing to share of course. I also sometimes feel a bit of regret for not going with Tangerine, but I do love the name we ended up with, and I'm sure you do to, Emma is beautiful. Why do people always have to say "that sounds like a strippers name," seriously strippers need names too
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #17
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

They went so far now.. as to go ON BABYCENTER and find information and post it on the bad baby name post!.. *sigh*
and.. all the kids have 2 middle names.. and the first one of their middle names all starts with an A.. it was accidental with the first 2.. but i decided to keep it tradition with the next two.. also.. each of them have one of their middle names that are only two letters long.. My oldest has "An", my second as "Li" my third as "Ko" and the baby is "Ri"
KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #18
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

So sorry mama! Some people can be so RUDE!!!

BTW no one liked my last 3 kids names. NO ONE!!! I still get harrassed about the spelling of their names, but I really don't care and that is what makes them unique! I like unique names!

I think your dd's name is beautiful (and my dd has that same red hair)!!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #19
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27 View Post
So sorry mama! Some people can be so RUDE!!!

BTW no one liked my last 3 kids names. NO ONE!!! I still get harrassed about the spelling of their names, but I really don't care and that is what makes them unique! I like unique names!

I think your dd's name is beautiful (and my dd has that same red hair)!!
oh my LOVE your kids names!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #20
BellaRia
Registered Users

I'm also a fan of unique names!! Who needs to share their name with 20 or 200 people. I would rather be unique....an individual.

One of the names I like if this baby is a girl is...

Siddalee Grace Bjork. We would call her Sidda for short. and for a boy I love the name Baylor. or Bay for short.

Lisariendri sounds like a beautiful model name to me!

EDD:09.22.07 1****5****10***15****20****25****30****35****40 think pink!
BellaRia is offline   Reply With Quote