Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: In need of a little cheering up..

Ah mama that is awful. If it helps I am sure my kids names would make that list too. There was a website out there called something like baby's named a bad bad thing or something. It's horrible the way they put people down for wanting to name their kid something other than the top ten. I don't think kids should have to share their names with 100 other people in their town or their parents are insulted. I think your dd's name is beautiful, and it fits her. If you and your dh and dd like it, well then that is all that matters.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #22
jkelstaten
Registered Users

Some people must have some very boring, unfulfilling personal lives to take so much time insulting other people. It's just like it's always been said about bullies. They do it because they are insecure about themselves. And the rest just join in because it's 'cool'. It's actually quite dumb and more like the fifth-grade.

Seriously, what do they expect to gain by making fun of other people?

Anyway, your daughter's name is unique and beautiful. And those people seriously need to get a new hobby.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #23
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

it was the "babys named a bad bad thing" site that had my baby up on there.. How sad.. thankfully her birth page from the hospital has been taken down.. but still.. having her on there was making me upset.

to the momma of Quiana 10/16/02 Qai 03/31/04 Qamerin 05/19/06 I LOVE your Kiddos names! I LOVE unique names no matter what anyone says.. one.. Abcde is a little out there.. but who am I to judge right??

and really.. look at my little bunny love.. how can she be anyone BUT Lisariendri?.. can you picture her with some other name that would just fit her as her?.. Nope, didn't think so.
She'll always be my pretty bubbly cute bunny mishka.

I couldnt imagine Karya (oldest) to be anyone other than.. Well Karya, she could not be anyone else in the world. No other name would fit her.
Just like no other name could fit Sieryn.. my sweet little spiderbear, and no other name could fit Varrus..

It's them, 100% completely and truly them.

Thanks mama's for helping me feel better!
KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:57 AM   #24
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KisaMomma View Post
it was the "babys named a bad bad thing" site that had my baby up on there.. How sad.. thankfully her birth page from the hospital has been taken down.. but still.. having her on there was making me upset.

to the momma of Quiana 10/16/02 Qai 03/31/04 Qamerin 05/19/06 I LOVE your Kiddos names! I LOVE unique names no matter what anyone says.. one.. Abcde is a little out there.. but who am I to judge right??

and really.. look at my little bunny love.. how can she be anyone BUT Lisariendri?.. can you picture her with some other name that would just fit her as her?.. Nope, didn't think so.
She'll always be my pretty bubbly cute bunny mishka.

I couldnt imagine Karya (oldest) to be anyone other than.. Well Karya, she could not be anyone else in the world. No other name would fit her.
Just like no other name could fit Sieryn.. my sweet little spiderbear, and no other name could fit Varrus..

It's them, 100% completely and truly them.

Thanks mama's for helping me feel better!
that's who did it to me, too!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 AM   #25
driftymaer
Registered Users
seller

I think that is a beautiful name-some people need to learn when to keep ther opinions to themselves. I get comments and stuff all the time for my little ones names too. Aeddon John and Deme Anna. I've actually had people ask why I don't just make it easier for everyone and use the middle names.
driftymaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #26
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness! mama. That is SO not OK for people to do that. How very rude and childish I have seen that website, and really, there are so many names listed on it for so many reasons that I wondered what names the person DID like. It really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I always think (when people make comments about my own babies' names) that they are a little jealous, since they often have chosen boring ones in comparison.

We had a similar experience to a PP. My first daughter is Allison. Fine name, but she was supposed to be something else. When we made the big mistake of sharing her other name, we got so much CRAP from family members about it. It was really awful. DH and I still regret giving her Allison as a name, although now it really does fit her. With my other two, we kept the names to ourselves until the baby was born (Selah and Kennebrooke). We will be doing that in the future as well.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 AM   #27
jodi74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I saw that thread you were talking about. I think it is a beautiful name and who cares what they think! When I was in the hospital to have our Alyssa her name was supposed to be Lauren. I have always loved that name. My little sis hated that name because of someone she kknew and talked me out of it. (my sis and I are real close) I have ALWAYS regretted it. Now Alyssa was our second choice but still. I think we are going to legally have Lauren added to her name. So it would be Alyssa Lauren. And that is what we will call her. Then as she gets a little older she can decide which one she wants to go by.
jodi74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #28
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I still think it's sad that.. adults.. of ALL people, would need to have such a hateful website. Really now? No matter WHAT name your child gets, kids WILL find a way to make fun it is.. they're KIDS thats what they do.
However as adults.. shouldn't you KNOW better already? It looks like some people didn't get taught the "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule by their parents..
What miserable people they must be..
*hugs to everyone*
KisaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #29
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I wanna know what name you had picked, If your willing to share of course. I also sometimes feel a bit of regret for not going with Tangerine, but I do love the name we ended up with, and I'm sure you do to, Emma is beautiful. Why do people always have to say "that sounds like a strippers name," seriously strippers need names too
We had picked Pepper as her name. We really loved it. And what still erks me is that Emma in NO WAY fits her...but Pepper would have. Oh well...no use crying over spilt milk.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #30
borja010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseemom View Post
We had picked Pepper as her name. We really loved it. And what still erks me is that Emma in NO WAY fits her...but Pepper would have. Oh well...no use crying over spilt milk.
Jeez I might have to steal that name! It's ok since you didn't already use it right??? just kidding but so cute!

I had to go the don't tell anyone route durring my pregnancy w/DD b/c, not that anyone would tell me straight out I know it would have come to blows w/a few in the family to remain un named, just kidding (but sadly I'm kinda not!) The plan between DH and me was he was to name baby if a boy, and I if a girl... he had such a cute unique boy name picked out and I thought it was so special but in laws just kept poking fun and MIL made it her personal mission to sway him... eventually they just killed it for him. He wouldn't come straight out and admit it to me but there was an unmistakable "nice biblical name" theme influcence after and I was so PO'ed! Sorry, for the rant!

So when she was born, I named her and that was it! It was done, they talked, they got over it... And I don't even think LolaBlue is that "crazy" of a name and no I don't think she will grow up to be a stripper and yes, strippers need names too

Mama, Lisariendri is a BEAUTIFUL name! Seriously, can I consult you for DC#2's name (if it ever happens)??? I love your creativity! Screw them!