Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
katie-momto4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Potty Training questions - how to.

I need advice. My second son was so enthusiastic about using the potty during the summer and suddenly he doesn't want to use the potty anymore. So this is not a matter of not being able to use the potty because he can't communicate or take his pants off...he doesn't want to. So what do I do? just wait for him to feel like it? I don't see the point of buying trainers for him - he will just use them like a diaper. I have tried encouragement & bribery...today I left him without a diaper all morning. He used his potty to pee but requested a diaper to poop. My first son did this too - he would go hide somewhere to poop in his diaper long after he would go pee in the potty (not sure why because I've been careful not to make them feel gross or ashamed about poop). thanks mamas

p.s. he is 2 years old. he was 2 in november.

Advertisement

Last edited by katie-momto4; 03-01-2007 at 06:07 PM.
katie-momto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty Training questions - how to.

yeah, I wouldnt push it. My dd and older ds was the same way. Wait til summer and let him go pantsless, or in padded undies. Thats what I plan on doing. My ds will be 3 in May and he's not ready. He's gone on the potty, 1 & 2, but I know he's not fully ready.