Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
If you make your own pasta...

What kind of pasta maker do you use? I know you can do it by hand but I'm not sure I'm quite that ambitious. I have a mixer, but it's a bosch, so to get the pasta attachments I'd have to get the meat grinder part as well which starts getting pricey. So ya, I guess I'm looking for a middle of the road pasta maker. What do you have and love? Hand crank? Electric?

jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: If you make your own pasta...

Just subbing. I don't make my own pasta but I would love to try sometime. If I were to do it though I would probably just lay the dough out flat and cut it with a pizza cutter.
Mama to Bailey Autumn (1-1-07) and Asher Jameson (9-22-09)
Wife to Don Andrew
My mom died over a year ago, but I still miss her every day
EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
My Mood:

We have a professional kitchen aid (that's important for the grain mill, if you have the lower version it won't work because it doesn't have the horse power), so we have the "pasta excellence" kit. It's all mechanic, except for the ravioli maker which is hand cranked. The home made pasta is wonderful! But we're having a few issues with the freshly ground durum, but we'll figure that out.
Wife to my Navy doc, SAHM to 4 (11, 8, 5, 1)
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

i love my pasta maker my MIL got it for me for Christmas, we found it at an outlet kitchen store for $20
it is hand crank & very simple but works great. It will roll out the dough into flat strips and then you can make linguini or spaghetti. I used to roll everything by hand and it was a lot of work, but now it is super simple and my 4 year old loves to help out by cranking the handle as I pass the dough through.

I don't know the brand, the box just says pasta machine. It is stainless steel and has a clamp to hold in firmly on the counter.
Becky, pastor's wife , mama to 4 & one more coming Sept '15, & lover of Real Food
WAHM behind Silly Willy Manilly OBV Diapers
Like me on Facebook Shop my Hyena Cart WAHM Thread
MommyMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote