Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #31
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

Cori.. No we aren't able to bring Ember back in there to be there with Kaeda I hate it but I do understand the reasoning. However it doesn't look like it's going to matter as it sounds like Miss Kaeda may be coming home tomorrow!!! Chloe and Carter look so great!! I love the then and now pictures!

Advertisement

Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #32
ericsmom99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 35w5d DS was born almost 13 years ago and weighed 7 pounds ( I am positive of the week I got pregnant)! He weighed 11 pounds on his due date! Now hes taller than me!!!!!

btw Chrijodo I live in Orange Park too!!! Small world!!! Congrats on your beautiful girls!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #33
4kidsunder3
Registered Users

Our oldest Chase (3 in Oct) was born at 28 weeks and was 2lb 10oz. We lived in TN, but were in MN looking to buy a home. I didn't realize I was in labor--incompetent cervix--I had had light cramps and my doctor said it was fine but in the middle of the night things just didn't seem right and I had some bleeding so we went to the emergency room just in case. I was already dilated to 6cm and they couldn't stop labor. Chase was born a couple hours later at a hospital not prepared for babies less than 32 weeks, but with the help of a special ambulance team who stabilized him then took him to Minneapolis Children's. Within 9 weeks we had new jobs and a home in MN and Chase came home. Amazingly he had very few complications, he had been on oxygen for the first couple days and had a few bad A and B spells, but didn't even have to come home on a monitor.

Rose (almost 2) was born a year later at 38 weeks, 7lb 1oz. I had a cerclage and progesterone shots throughout pregnancy as well as some bed rest and almost losing her due to an infection and preterm labor at 20weeks.

14 months later our twins David and Samuel were born at 29 and 1/2 weeks. I had progesterone shots the whole pregnancy, spent most of it on complete bed rest with family visiting to care for my younger kids, and spent the last 2 weeks in the hospital on bed rest getting shots etc. to stop contractions and ultrasounds every other day. We had been told at 10 weeks that David had no chance of living and his heart was failing and that if he didn't die soon they would have to cut his cord or he would kill Samuel as well. But 4 weeks later God had healed him. Sammy however had many complications during the pregnancy and didn't grow well. They were delivered by emergency c-section when the placenta and Sammy's cord (which were over my cervix) broke.

They both did well in the hospital, Davy was in for just under 2 months. He was off the vent within a few days of birth and only had minor spells. He grew well and his biggest challenge was learning to nurse--which he didn't do until his due date, but came home on bottles. After being home less than a week he was back in the hospital in critical condition with a horrible case or RSV and a bacterial infection, for a week the doctors weren't sure he would make it, but suddenly he was well and home with us again.

Sammy spent 4 months in the hospital. He was on the vent very quickly at birth then CPAP for a day and then fine for a few weeks, when suddenly he started having very bad spells. They finally figured out he had a co-arctation of the aorta which would require surgery, but he needed to grow more before they could do the surgery. He gained slowly and had many breathing problems, but finally at 2 1/2 months old he had the surgery which went wonderfully. After a 2 hernia surgeries and more growth he finally came home. Sammy still has serious swallowing problems and can't breastfeed, but we give him breastmilk with added calories and a special thickener so he can swallow it. He continues to grow slowly, but he is growing so we are happy.
Sammy and Davy are 9 months old now, Sammy is almost 13lb and Davy is 16 and 1/2lb.
With 3 preemies we have been through a lot and I now enjoy encouraging other moms going through similar things with babies in NICUs etc.
4kidsunder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #34
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My preemie is Levi Jude, born 9/23/09. He was an emergency induction at 35w2d, vaginal delivery. I had severe gallbladder disease that was causing pancreatitis. It was determined he would be better out here than in there. He is a delightful 18lbs now at 11months. He was 5lbs4oz and 18" long at birth.
He was this...

Then he grew into this...

Now he is this...

No one can believe he was a preemie, but he does take his time developmentally. He just learned to crawl and got his first teeth the week of his 11 month birthday.
He has always nursed and slept like a champ. He was a regular baby from the day he came home from the NICU at 10 days of age. We our teeny tiny.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.

Last edited by GEMQEMCABOOSE; 09-02-2010 at 02:10 PM.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #35
kdmommy
Registered Users

Both my kids were preemies. DS was born at 36w6d (made the preemie cut by one day) and was 7lbs. 6oz. He had zero complications and we joke about the fact that he was preemie. He's 4 now and a fun kid. DD was born 2 1/2 years later at 34w6d. She was also on the large side at 6lbs. 9oz., but she had far more complications. Most likely had had undiagnosed gestational diabetes despite having done the glucose screen at 28 weeks. Her lungs were severely underdeveloped and hours after her birth had to be transferred to a hospital in the city that had a higher level NICU. She's a little fighter though and within 2 days was back at her birth hospital. She was home within 2 weeks. Her first year was a roller coaster with a number of health scares, but today she is 21 months, completely caught up developmentally and even ahead in some areas as she speaks like she's 3. She's my sweetheart. And we will not be having a 3rd as I don't like the current trend and would not like my next to be born at 32w6d.
kdmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #36
swismiself
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was born at about 35 weeks and was 5lb even at birth and 18in long. No major complications other than being small. I'm 27 and still short ;-).
swismiself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #37
momnb4
Registered Users

My Mood:

My last child is a preemie born at 34 weeks gestation due to no growth over a 2 week span.I had preeclampsia which was diagnosed at 28weeks and he was small then so I had ultrasounds every 2weeks.I had to spend a week in hospital when first diagnosed with preeclampsia and then home on bedrest until delivery but when no growth for 2 weeks they decided to induce.I had an emergency c/s for fetal distress.It was the scariest moment in my life but after a few minutes of some oxygen etc he was screaming.The docs told us they had no idea how he survived as long as he did in there as the placenta was calcified and he had a knot in his cord and well as around his neck numerous times so we are truely blessed!
He was only 3 14 at birth and we took him home at 3lbs 9 oz.He was so tiny and he remains tiny but is 24 lbs at 21 months.He nursed in recovery room and nursed well ever since alomost too well as he hates most solids at present.He is very healthy with one ear infection and a bout of rsv at 3 months.He spent some time in nicu for body temp and jaundice.He has hit almost all his milestones except talking but with three older siblings he does not have to talk alot.
We feel blessed to have him in our lives and our thankful everyday for the joy he and his siblings bring.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #38
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrijodo View Post
Cori.. No we aren't able to bring Ember back in there to be there with Kaeda I hate it but I do understand the reasoning. However it doesn't look like it's going to matter as it sounds like Miss Kaeda may be coming home tomorrow!!! Chloe and Carter look so great!! I love the then and now pictures!
Hope you are sitting at home right now with both of your girls!!! Congrats on their homecoming again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
My preemie is Levi Jude, born 9/23/09. He was an emergency induction at 35w2d, vaginal delivery. I had severe gallbladder disease that was causing pancreatitis. It was determined he would be better out here than in there. He is a delightful 18lbs now at 11months. He was 5lbs4oz and 18" long at birth.
He was this...

Then he grew into this...

Now he is this...

No one can believe he was a preemie, but he does take his time developmentally. He just learned to crawl and got his first teeth the week of his 11 month birthday.
He has always nursed and slept like a champ. He was a regular baby from the day he came home from the NICU at 10 days of age. We our teeny tiny.
My Preemie DD didn't get teeth until 14.5 months- and now at 17m, she has 6!! It's been 2.5m straight of teething but I think she is done playing tooth catch up and can rest easy for a littlre while!

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #39
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My first was born at 35w6d and 7lbs 12oz. We had many early ultrasounds so my OB was positive on my dates....he was just a BIIGG boy! (still is!) He was in the special care nursery for about 6 hours under an oxy-hood.

My twins were born at 33 weeks even and were both 4lbs 9oz. I had PIH from 20 weeks, PTL starting at 23 weeks, and GD from 29 weeks. I was given terb 2 or 3 times, they tried a terb pump (that I promptly removed. YUCK!), and I was on mag twice. I was in the hospital for about 2 months prior to their birth and they were in NICU for 16 days. They needed oxy-hoods for about 12 hours, but spent the rest of their time there as feeders and growers.

I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #40
natmarie6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD was born at 34 weeks exactly and weighed 4 lbs. even, 17.5 in. long.

I had PPROM at 33 weeks, 2 days. I was admitted to the hospital and put on bedrest until I got to 34 weeks. Labor was induced the day I hit 34 weeks, with plans for a VBAC. Everything went well and fast at first. After several hours of labor, I was ready for my epidural (hats off to you all natural mamas!). While they were inserting the epidural, DD's heart rate started dropping with each contraction. By the time they finished my epi, her heart rate was continuing to drop and not recovering. They rushed me in for an emergency c-section. Since my epi was so fresh, it had not been long enough to use. I had to be given the general anesthesia.

DD had a 10 day NICU stay, mainly for weight gain and body temp regulation. She was tube and cannula free within 24 hours!

Just born!

1 day old

My avi is a more recent one of her! She's approx 11 lbs. at almost 13 weeks!
Nice to "meet" all of you and glad we have a place to chat!

Last edited by natmarie6; 09-07-2010 at 08:42 PM.
natmarie6 is offline   Reply With Quote