Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
feb0306mommy
Registered Users

Parenting Styles/Books

What parenting style do you have? What parenting books have you read or recommend? I have a 4 year old very spirited child, and he and I clash quite a bit. I need some recommendations on books to check out???

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
targhee
Registered Users

Re: Parenting Styles/Books

I've recently read Parenting with Love and Logic and it has helped a lot with my strong-willed DD. I don't subscribe to everything it says, but it's brought a lot of things into light for me.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #3
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by targhee View Post
I've recently read Parenting with Love and Logic and it has helped a lot with my strong-willed DD. I don't subscribe to everything it says, but it's brought a lot of things into light for me.
My mom was just tell me that my uncle and his wife are doing it with there almost 2 year old and really like it. My mom said she remembers reading a Parenting with Love and Logic for teens. Is there a book for toddlers??

To OP....I ordered Parenting the Spirited Child and also the Adventures in Gentle Discipline. I have one or Dr. Sears old books and would love to read more from him also.

There is another one I want to read called Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
targhee
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post
My mom was just tell me that my uncle and his wife are doing it with there almost 2 year old and really like it. My mom said she remembers reading a Parenting with Love and Logic for teens. Is there a book for toddlers??

To OP....I ordered Parenting the Spirited Child and also the Adventures in Gentle Discipline. I have one or Dr. Sears old books and would love to read more from him also.

There is another one I want to read called Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn.
There's one for the early years (birth to age 6). It's kind of brief, compared to the original. I would suggest checking out both - the early years one for specifics about that age group, and the original one for more details about the parenting philosophy.