Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you cosleep/coslept from birth..

Did you bother with a crib/bassinet/cradle/cosleeper?

I had a bassinet when my daughter was born but I didn't use it really. I never even set up the crib we bought. I know for a lot of co sleepers cribs end up just being another catch all.

If you didn't use anything like that where did the baby nap? My daughter would only sleep in my arms but I am probably going to need to be able to put this one down during nap time to take care of my daughter ect. If you didn't use a crib where did you put the baby during naps?

Advertisement

Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you cosleep/coslept from birth..

no crib/bassinet/etc. Just the big bed (well double). Baby slept in the sling or I just nursed to sleep in the bed.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We started out with a basinette for a couple days then we gave up and just went to co-sleeping full time. We'd just put her down for naps in our bed and eventually we sidecarred the crib to our bed and that's where we put her for naps and to sleep now but she migrates back to me for nursies at nights still.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

We didn't decide to cosleep until we had DD so we bought a crib. She's only slept in it for part of a few nights. We did use a bassinet in the beginning because as I was adjusting to little sleep I'd find myself very confused in the middle of the night when she cried and I just did not feel like it was safe for her to be in bed with us until I was used to not sleeping. After about a month, she started staying in our bed more and more as I was aware of where she was and felt she was safe. She's been sleeping in our bed fully for a while now.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
isaacsmum
Registered Users

We bought an Arm's Reach co-sleeper, intending for DS to sleep in that, but he ended up in the bed full-time anyway. For naps, I just laid him down in our bed. He still naps in there. I don't think I'd bother with a bassinet is I have another.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
Oriel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My parents bought us a crib before we had DS1 but it's been used only a handful of times. I bought a used Arm's Reach cosleeper for this baby at DH's insistence, he didn't think we should/could cosleep with a newborn and a toddler. Well that has only been used about 3 times because our youngest sleeps on me or falls asleep nursing.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
JnS Mama
Registered Users
seller

I sidecarred a crib. Honestly, we all wouldn't have fit onto a full size bed.

For naps, I'd put him in his crib area, and block it off a bit with a tightly rolled blanket. I'd put it on our bed though, so not right next to him.

When he started rolling, I replaced the blanket with my body pillow. That way he couldn't get tangled up in it.

Ami
Old 08-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All babies/families are different - and unfortunately, you can't predict what's going to work out the best! For us, #1 loved sleeping in the big bed with us. We had a bassinet - which she slept in twice and hated. We had a crib for her (which thankfully was one of those that converts to a toddler, then later a full-sized bed). I can count on one hand the number of times she slept in the crib and toddler bed. She still sleeps in the big bed with her Dad, and she's 5. #2 slept in the bassinet more often. She seemed to like sleeping by herself more than with the 3 of us in the big bed. Now, she sleeps in a toddler bed sometimes and sometimes with me (I sleep in a queen-sized bed in her room). Baby #3 LOVES the crib. She never slept in a bassinet, because I sold it on Craig's list before she was born, since we used it so little. I bought an Arm's Reach cosleeper on Craig's list, which we used for about the first 2 months. But since she started sleeping through the night, she just sleeps in the crib, which is in the same room as Dad and 5 year old. It's kind of a crazy house here....
Superblonde Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

I sidecar-ed the husband lol. We have a queen, so we put a twin next to the bed and now we all fit. I tried putting DS in a bassinet a couple times, but if he woke, I had to SIT up, scoot over, get him etc and by the time I had done that, I was wide awake. I decided I like sleep more.
DS naps in the bed sometimes now, in the first few months it was mostly in arms or sling.
aubreyaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

No, never bothered with anything else. I usually slept with them during naps but they always slept in my bed whether I was in there or not.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote