Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
UPDATE: He is here after a VERY scary and traumatic delivery

So, I was prepped for my c-section and taken back a bit after Noon. It started at as your typical c-section. I received a spinal, and things proceeded as 'normal', however it quickly turned into a terrifying, emergency situation.

My placenta was on the front wall, and during delivery it ended up abrupting severely and he lost a signifant amount of blood. The broke the sack and realized he had passed meconium.. a good indicator that he was under a lot of stress. And to top it off, he was transverse, extremely high, and pretty much stuck. It took to people pushing on my belly to get him unwedged enough to grab an arm and pull him out. They also ended up doing a T-incision on my uterus.

They FINALLY were able to deliver him, and by that point he was not in good shape. He needed rescusitation (respiratory help and chest compressions) for 12 minutes. He also required fluids, several doses of epinephrine (due to a heartrate in the 30-40s). He also ended up with an emergency blood transfusion due to the significant blood gas.

I never did hear my baby cry.. and let me tell you it is TERRIFYING not knowing what is really going on, and hearing the Drs comments and tone which made it pretty obvious that things weren't going as expected.

And THEN, my spinal anasthesia started to wear off in the middle of surgery.. suddenly the pressure and tugging turned into SEVERE pain.. I could feel everything. So, they ended up giving me general anasthesia and knocking me out completely for the remainder of the surgery (I also had a tubal ligation performed and that is the point wear the spinal wore off.)

I'm in a LOT of pain right now, and its difficult to move much at all due to the pain. Even the morphine doesnt seem to be doing much for the pain Its tolerable until U ake the slightest movements.. in addition, the normal after pains are extremely intense.

All in all, we both are doing ok right now, but not ot of the woods by any means. Its pretty terrifying to think how incredibly close we were to losing our baby, and due to the extended time without enolugh oxygen or bloodcirculation, he is at high risk of longterm organ damage. Only time will tell us what the longterm prognosis is.

Sorry this was such a LONG update. And baby Evekai needs as many prayers as possible. I am anxious to actually see my baby, but right now Im still in sooo much pain that I cant make it down to NICU yet. The waiting is agony.
============

--------------------
Update- My Dr came in around 8 am and decided the best bet is to go ahead and deliver. Because of the bleeding issues and baby being breech, they went ahead and scheduled a c-section for 12:30.. So in a few short hours little guy will be here.

I'm 31 weeks and 6 days, so he will be in NICU for awhile, but its come to the point where the risks of keeping him inside are higher than the risks of delivering early. I'm just praying this little guy does well and has an easier start than his brother.
----------------
A little background, I've been in the hospital on magnesium sulfate, besrest, and terbutaline for 9 weeks 5 days. I'm finally 32 weeks and Ive been battling heavy bleeding on nad off all week. They did another ultrasound which confirmed that yes, the bottom edge of the palcenta has abrupted (but only a small portion of it).. mind you they didnt see this on the ultrasound Monday so its likely worsened since then.

Anyways, of course this all happens when my Dr goes on vacation for a week and Im at the mercy of the on-call Drs. Over the weekend I was told by the Dr on call that ANY more heavy episodes or large clots and we're done..

Well fast forward to this morning (well middle of the night) and Ive started bleeding very heavily again.. as in I soaked one of those giant postpartum pads in about 5-10 min MAX. Ive also passed some huge clots.. like gulf ball sized! The Dr on call tonight (I dont care for him) says "Well, we'll just wait it out and see what happens?"

YES, I realize 32 weeks is still a preemie with NICU time ahead, but placental abruption can take a turn for the worst VERY quickly.. and at this point I feel like they are needlessly risking my child's life.

I've had placental abruptions with both my previous boys, and with both they delivered right away once they found the abruption.. I dont understand why they dont seem to care this time.. this bleeding is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than anything I experienced with my other boys.

Advertisement

Last edited by LunaBirch; 08-30-2010 at 06:37 PM.
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
pfamilygal6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Really Frustrated.. and Scared

Oh hun! I really hope you are in the OR right now! Praying for peace and safety for you and babe and a swift kick in the pants for the lazy doc!
pfamilygal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Can you discuss this w/ the on call. Let him know that you're really concerned and this is a lot more bleeding than your past pregnancies.

Saying a prayer for you right now.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Mamas.. fortunately now that its 7 am, my Dr should be coming in shortly. She's back as of this morning, so i will discuss my concerns with her.

For now the bleeding has slowed down, but it seems to come and go (and has been for the last week now). I'm just afraid of things taking a turn for the worst and something bad happening..
Old 08-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #5
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Praying for you, mamma!!! Please keep us posted if you can!
We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #6
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

praying!!
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Praying for wisdom in the doctors!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Updated in OP
Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
isabelsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Updated: He is coming today.. Really Frustrated.. and Scared

Keeping you in my thoughts mama.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #10
livn4him
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Updated: He is coming today.. Really Frustrated.. and Scared

Good luck mama. Praying for you and your lo to come out of this better on the other side of surgery.