Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
nceveritt's Avatar
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,111
My Mood:
Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Hi ladies! I'm starting it again. I hope everything is going well for all of you and your babies! Jacque mentioned it on another thread, but pretty soon here the babies will start arriving and I can't believe we're already HERE.

And speaking of babies starting to arrive, my mother is convinced that it will be very soon for me. I've been starting to get that "feeling" like we're almost done and have been sick feeling (with the runs, sorry if that's TMI for some of you ) and nauseous today! As she put it, "You're probably getting ready!" The BHs have intensified in the last few days, so while still infrequent, I can feel them strong now. Oh, and my beautiful little boy is STILL breech! I'm just accepting it as "You'll do whatever you want and I can't change it." We meet with our doula for the final time before delivery this Sunday! Can't believe it!

So... Talk to me

Advertisement

__________________
Nicole, mom behind Napping House Yarns, wife to C - mother to Grace and Isaiah
Expecting a sweet little BOY on September 17th, 2012

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Jaxence's Avatar
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So. Utah
Posts: 2,184
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

lol...Tag you're it!!!
Looks like you were typing the same time I started weekly chat too...
__________________
Jacque
Homeschooling mother of four
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2

Last edited by Jaxence; 08-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
dragondance's Avatar
dragondance
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dipping a toe in the WAHM pond
Posts: 14,574
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Ack, I forgot to start the thread AGAIN! Sorry .

We are at with college books & renewing my car tags (it's a cheap year, only about $165 ). The girls are homeschool crazed . I'm just trying to relax & am counting down the days until full-term (2 weeks 3 days!) although my midwife will deliver starting at 36 weeks. I'd rather hit full-term, and so would she.
__________________
~Faith, knitting LDS mama to a halfling rogue, gnome barbarian, and goliath cleric
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
Jaxence's Avatar
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So. Utah
Posts: 2,184
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

DH had to tell his bosses today about his new job...They didn't want him to go, but I guess he'll be leaving on good terms so that's good news...
We're talking house at this point...We got into our house with 40000 equity because we built it...no down payment...we're now 50,000 behind in value...so we lost 90000 on a house we paid less than 200,000 for...UGH...there is no room to grow...We're wondering if it's worth keeping it at this point...
__________________
Jacque
Homeschooling mother of four
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
nceveritt's Avatar
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,111
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxence View Post
DH had to tell his bosses today about his new job...They didn't want him to go, but I guess he'll be leaving on good terms so that's good news...
We're talking house at this point...We got into our house with 40000 equity because we built it...no down payment...we're now 50,000 behind in value...so we lost 90000 on a house we paid less than 200,000 for...UGH...there is no room to grow...We're wondering if it's worth keeping it at this point...
I don't know exactly what that means, but it doesn't sound good. I'm sorry!

Why am I getting the feeling that there are going to be quite a few October babies arriving in the next few weeks? Eeeks!

Faith, don't worry about not starting it. I'm just super-stalking like a mad woman, and figure I've got nothing better to do. Jacque, that made me laugh that you started it too!
__________________
Nicole, mom behind Napping House Yarns, wife to C - mother to Grace and Isaiah
Expecting a sweet little BOY on September 17th, 2012

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
luvmyfam's Avatar
luvmyfam
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 29 Palms, CA
Posts: 741
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

My little lady has been getting a little rough lately. Her kicks are feeling more like jab and drags lately, the only that make you jump and say ouchie. My older kids love watching the belly roll, literally, with the punches!!! My DH felt a movement Sunday that made him say ewww that was weird. It really was too. One other mama said her kids were homeschool crazed, mine are not so much. Actually my daughter is fine but the boy doenst dig the work too much. The first thing out of his mouth is thats easy i know how to do it. He is thinking I wont make him do it then, wrong buster!!!!

I am really trying to focus on the positive things, but its tough. I am having a lot of problems with my emotional health. I have been on meds for a long time and before i got preggers they werent working as they used too. So my symptoms are really intensified and I am struggling through the days. I didnt want to change anything while pregnant so after I have her if things dont look up I may switch. Please not fire on this one, i know there is lots of contreversy on this topic but this is what was best for me. Prayers would be great that it all evens out after i have her and i dont suffer more. Thanks ladies
__________________
Heidi

I have been married to my marine for 10 wonderful years and spend my time knitting and happily homeschooling our 9 yo girl, 6 yo boy, 18 month old girl and our newest addition arrived 30 days early on Sept 23 at 1:05 pm weighing 5 lbs 11oz.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
dragondance's Avatar
dragondance
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dipping a toe in the WAHM pond
Posts: 14,574
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyfam View Post
My little lady has been getting a little rough lately. Her kicks are feeling more like jab and drags lately, the only that make you jump and say ouchie. My older kids love watching the belly roll, literally, with the punches!!! My DH felt a movement Sunday that made him say ewww that was weird. It really was too. One other mama said her kids were homeschool crazed, mine are not so much. Actually my daughter is fine but the boy doenst dig the work too much. The first thing out of his mouth is thats easy i know how to do it. He is thinking I wont make him do it then, wrong buster!!!!

I am really trying to focus on the positive things, but its tough. I am having a lot of problems with my emotional health. I have been on meds for a long time and before i got preggers they werent working as they used too. So my symptoms are really intensified and I am struggling through the days. I didnt want to change anything while pregnant so after I have her if things dont look up I may switch. Please not fire on this one, i know there is lots of contreversy on this topic but this is what was best for me. Prayers would be great that it all evens out after i have her and i dont suffer more. Thanks ladies
I hope you can get your meds sorted.

Dd2 will sit on my lap, lean against me, and then jump up because she's getting kicked in the back . And it was me with the homeschool-mad kids. We started around 8:30, had an hour break with outside time, and then I had to make them stop after 2 so they could nap, and they were working on their dry erase workbooks for fun when they got up. I'm just trying to keep up!! I had no idea they would eat it up like this when I started last Monday.
__________________
~Faith, knitting LDS mama to a halfling rogue, gnome barbarian, and goliath cleric
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 AM   #8
reithegenki's Avatar
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 2,363
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

My little boy has been SO rough lately too, Heidi! He kicks and punches so hard it almost knocks the wind out of me then drags it across so hard! He's going to be a little monster, I know it!

So, DH and I went to our first birthing class today! We were an hour late because he started his new job today, they let him go early to go to class, and then he got lost on the way home (it's actually a promotion, but he changed stores for training - he's officially a meat cutter now!) The class was fun, and the instructor didn't seem to mind that we were late. No real new information, but we did watch a video that had a birth at the end... It's not new to me, I saw a live birth in Anatomy and Physiology in highschool (it was a video of my teacher's birth) and that was much messier than the one in the video, but for some reason for the first time I am actually kinda scared of the actual birth now! It didn't gross me out or anything, but it made me think "Oh my god, my VAGINA!!!"

Oh, and my DH decided to share with me (knowing my mortal fear of surgery) that they REMOVE some of your internal organ stuff and set it on your stomach then pull the baby out and then put the stuff back. (He was going to be a doctor... he is unphased by things like this.) And somehow didn't think that would freak me out? I am deathly afraid of getting surgery of any kind. I am resigned to the fact that if I have to get a C-section for the safety of the baby and myself, I will, but I am still terrified of it.
__________________
Reanna
Mom to
Gabriel (10/23/10) and Luna (07/11/12)

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:01 AM   #9
sjebillings's Avatar
sjebillings
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 993
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reithegenki View Post

Oh, and my DH decided to share with me (knowing my mortal fear of surgery) that they REMOVE some of your internal organ stuff and set it on your stomach then pull the baby out and then put the stuff back. (He was going to be a doctor... he is unphased by things like this.) And somehow didn't think that would freak me out? I am deathly afraid of getting surgery of any kind. I am resigned to the fact that if I have to get a C-section for the safety of the baby and myself, I will, but I am still terrified of it.
Okay that part I have no idea about. It's funny, I'm on my third and really going into this blindly. I need a birthing class but have no time to do anything. People also talk about stages of labour and I don't about that either. I need help. As soon as I get more time off work and am not sleeping (or on DS) I will have to google. Any one have a good website. The whole mucus plug thing is grossing me out. It cant be any more gross than having a C-sec , right? I'm getting nervous I think......
I just wanted to say thankyou to all of you for sharing your wisdom on here. It really makes me feel like I might be able to do this - VBA2C. Well, off to work for me, I'll be stalking all the chats later....
__________________
Sarah, Momma behind http://www.somedaysarah.ca, Wife to my rock star hubby momma to Jeca B (Feb 06) , George (Feb 08) & Jack (Oct 10)

Last edited by sjebillings; 08-31-2010 at 06:02 AM.
sjebillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
percussionsmith's Avatar
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 4,294
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Im still a littel new here, so havent posted on these chats yet I don't think. So I will use this to sort of introduce myself too. I am due October 12th with my 2nd boy. I work full time (up until June I had 3 jobs to prepare for our expenses). Hubby lost his job in May due to the restaurant burning down. Now he is getting his executive chef certification, going to school full time an hour away in the evenings....
So, this week I have been yoga-ing like CRAZY. Its the only thing that seems to get this pumpkin off my ribs and out of my way. I am still doing the first trimester poses but today needed to modify slightly.
We are supposed to be driving 8 hours to Arkansas this weekend and I am really very hesitant, not so much because I think I will go into labor, but because of the discomfort of travel and my mood when I get tired lately...We are going to visit hubby's grandma and I will feel horrible guilt if I don't go, but don't know what to do...
Have an appointment with the midwife on Wednesday. Plan to talk to her about when the group b strep test will be and if she approves of the herbs/supplements I'm taking right now.
Thats about it...thanks for listening ladies. Nice to "meet" you all
percussionsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.