Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #161
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Eeeks Jacque! I would die if we went thru that much ink. No ideas about a laser printer and copier/scanner. I might just go with what Faith said and get separate ones.

I AM ANNOYED WITH MY DOCTORS OFFICE RIGHT NOW! At my last appt, I saw a resident who didn't know anything... and I was under the impression we'd be scheduling my version at that appointment (for my appt on this Thursday), but since it wasn't my regular doctor, that didn't happen.

So I just called to ask if that needed to be scheduled and the lady was like "We can't do that, it needs to be discussed with your doctor at your next appointment." The longer we wait, the less likely he'll flip. I WANT HIM TO FLIP. (Although, for all I know, he may have already ) I'll be 36 w 4 d on Thursday! I feel like waitng much longer is like asking for trouble.

Stupid nurse. She could've transferred me to his voicemail or something. ARGHHHH!

Advertisement

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #162
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AFAIK they don't schedule versions until 37/38 weeks anyway since there's an increased risk that it will trigger labor?
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #163
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

..I know... I just feel like with my situation and a wonky uterus, they should just do it earlier.. waaaaah.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #164
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids are begging to watch a documentary about the pyramids after our short geography lesson...so off to netflix to find one...they really liked the one about the amazon last week...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #165
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxence View Post
Baby is a major mover today...It's my fault really...I've been avoiding caffeine, but had a cup of coffee this morning...It was so yummy...And I'm not dozing off sitting here so that makes me happy...Finally got school stuff done for the week...I'm out of ink already...3 weeks of school stuff to run out from almost full...yikes...My printer is more for picture quality, and the ink is pricey so I need to go get myself a laser printer with a copier on it...Any suggestion HS mamas?...
Anyways my prediction was right...do a little laundry, wash dishes, and now my uterus aches...not to mention the bowling ball between my legs... Gonna school the kids and lay down for a bit...
I dont have any suggestions for printers but take a look at http://www.clickinks.com/. They always have great deals on ink. Its generic but works with major manufacturers. We have an Epson Workforce 500 printer/scanner/copier. You can always set it to print only in black and white, wont waste as much color ink.

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #166
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRockMom View Post
I dont have any suggestions for printers but take a look at http://www.clickinks.com/. They always have great deals on ink. Its generic but works with major manufacturers. We have an Epson Workforce 500 printer/scanner/copier. You can always set it to print only in black and white, wont waste as much color ink.
I have it on the lowest quality setting and in black and white, but I still ran out of ink in 3 weeks of copies...I'll check out the site though thank you...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #167
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Long persies to catch up on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post
ME! I'm feeling GREAT at this point, which I didn't think was possible at 36 weeks pregnant! I mean, I want him to be born so I can meet him finally and sure, there are moments when I'm trying to roll over in bed and cursing my life... But for the most part, I am as happy as a clam. It's amazing how much better this pregnancy has been compared to Grace's... Hers was difficult, uncomfortable all the time, and a stress. This time I'm just huge, squishy, and chill. I still have tons of energy though.

I've been reading all you ladies posts about the houses being messes and nothing getting done and having no energy and I can't help but giggle... Things are clean all the time around here and that's what I spend most my days doing, if not here on DS or playing with Grace. I'm hustling to keep life as normal as I can! Thank GOD I have the energy to even try...

I'm going to start EPO today. Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the pool doing handstands and shallow dives (at the advice of my doula), along with tons of inversions and talking to baby about turning down. I honestly can't tell his position at this point. I feel movements everywhere, from top to bottom, side to side. My belly is so much softer than it was with Grace, so I can't decide if what I'm feeling is a head or a bum. From how my belly LOOKS, I'd still think breech, but who knows --- maybe this is just how I carry babies?

I'm 36w and 1d! ALMOST FULL TERM AND GETTING EXCITED!

Yay for a happy post, huh?
LOVE HAPPY POSTS!!

Quote:
Just bought my MC! 4 from GEM cloth, 6 from Mothermoon Pads. I'm buying more in a few weeks.
Love my MC though I don't have enough yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
That's awesome!!!!!!!

So, I also have a happy post, on the super-tight-money front The nursery leader at our church, who is fabulous & amazing & the girls love her, she just started a preschool. I wish I could get the girls in it for socialization & structure, but I can't afford any preschool (it would be $160/mo for both girls--really cheap for preschool, but I don't have any extra at all). She called me today and said she has 4 paying students but would like a few more in the class for increased socialization & such, and would I like to have the girls in it for free? It's 2 hours 3 days a week, so we'll have plenty of time to do our regular homeschool, and they can go play and have a blast, and it's 100% free. She even offered to take the girls outside of class hours when I'm having the baby if I need someone. I worked with her in the nursery for over 6 months and she is really amazing with them.
What a blessing, I can't imagine how you must ahve felt when it was offered, I wouol have cried!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxence View Post
That's Awesome Faith....WOW!!!I hope you get some quality time alone with baby...

So ladies how are the munchkins moving??? My little monster is all over the place today...Yikes I have my moments when he hasn't moved in awhile that scare me, and then he gets excited and I swear my belly will bounce me out of my seat...

Oh ya and DH starts his new job tomorrow..His old job actually told him Friday that they have a spot for him anytime he wants it...Along with a few other things that finally make him confident about his abilities...He's cleaning out his new work van as we speak...It's gonna be so nice...He even gets a gas card for driving the van...Saving us $200 a month is gas...He's anxious about tomorrow...After all he hasn't had a new job in 6 years...
But I'm confident he'll impress them...I've seen the man build a house in 6 months almost exclusively by himself...we were 23 then...pretty sure he can handle this...
So very excited for him...

Now if only insurance wasn't a stressor I would be so happy nothing could upset me..
Yay for new job!
My baby is moving slowly nad HARD. Like stretching type jabs more than anything. I feel hard strong ball like pushes up near my breasts and I "think" that is the heel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
Oh, my midwife came over for my home visit today, so I have my birth kit & will get my pool next Wed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussionsmith View Post
I know this grosses some people out, but I actually bought used mama cloth from a lady on here. I got Imse Vimsy, Swaddlebees, Happy Heinys, Mother of Eden and some others for about $1.50 each. Its a huge stash with a lot of variety so I get to try out some different shapes, styles, sizes, brands etc. to see what works for me. I found it to be a great solution to the "unknown".
Actually if they were sent ot me washed and I washed them too, I would totally buy some used. I NEED more but just can't afford them, wish I saw some used ones in awesome condition! Your lucky!

NICOLE- THOSE ARE GORGEOUS!! Great sewing work!
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #168
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctj101502 View Post
NICOLE- THOSE ARE GORGEOUS!! Great sewing work!
Thanks! I'm going to try a soaker for DD tonight... even though I thought I'd stick to longies... She really needs a soaker. I'm desperate!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:02 AM   #169
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Just bought my MC! 4 from GEM cloth, 6 from Mothermoon Pads. I'm buying more in a few weeks.
Me too! I just bought a dozen pp from Michelle at GEM cloth. She is so awesome <3 I love working with her! I told her I wasn't in a hurry, I just need them by October so she is making up the order special and will get it out to me in a couple weeks. So sweet and such great service <3 Sorry, had to rave! If any of you mama's are thinking about trying MC, but haven't yet you HAVE to order from her - She is so helpful and amazing and the MC are so comfy!

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #170
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nicole, those are so cute! What pattern (if any) did you use? I am an apparel design major, so I CAN wing it/make a pattern, but lately I have been lazy and am totally feeling the other people's patterns love! Oh, and once you know the basic way to thread a sewing machine, it is totally easy on any machine! So once your mom shows you how, you'll be a pro! It looks so complicated, but it's a piece of cake Now wait until you see a serger! Try threading three needles, and three loopers! (little arms inside the machine that loop another thread around the needle) It took me two hours to thread my serger when I got it, and I even knew how to do it. So painful!

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote