Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 AM   #11
percussionsmith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Im still a little new here, so havent posted on these chats yet I don't think. So I will use this to sort of introduce myself too. I am due October 12th with my 2nd boy. I work full time (up until June I had 3 jobs to prepare for our expenses). Hubby lost his job in May due to the restaurant burning down. Now he is getting his executive chef certification, going to school full time an hour away in the evenings....
So, this week I have been yoga-ing like CRAZY. Its the only thing that seems to get this pumpkin off my ribs and out of my way. I am still doing the first trimester poses but today needed to modify slightly.
We are supposed to be driving 8 hours to Arkansas this weekend and I am really very hesitant, not so much because I think I will go into labor, but because of the discomfort of travel and my mood when I get tired lately...We are going to visit hubby's grandma and I will feel horrible guilt if I don't go, but don't know what to do...
Have an appointment with the midwife on Wednesday. Plan to talk to her about when the group b strep test will be and if she approves of the herbs/supplements I'm taking right now.
Thats about it...thanks for listening ladies. Nice to "meet" you all

Advertisement

Last edited by percussionsmith; 08-31-2010 at 07:11 AM.
percussionsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by percussionsmith View Post
Im still a little new here, so havent posted on these chats yet I don't think. So I will use this to sort of introduce myself too. I am due October 12th with my 2nd boy. I work full time (up until June I had 3 jobs to prepare for our expenses). Hubby lost his job in May due to the restaurant burning down. Now he is getting his executive chef certification, going to school full time an hour away in the evenings....
So, this week I have been yoga-ing like CRAZY. Its the only thing that seems to get this pumpkin off my ribs and out of my way. I am still doing the first trimester poses but today needed to modify slightly.
We are supposed to be driving 8 hours to Arkansas this weekend and I am really very hesitant, not so much because I think I will go into labor, but because of the discomfort of travel and my mood when I get tired lately...We are going to visit hubby's grandma and I will feel horrible guilt if I don't go, but don't know what to do...
Have an appointment with the midwife on Wednesday. Plan to talk to her about when the group b strep test will be and if she approves of the herbs/supplements I'm taking right now.
Is there a name we can all you? Welcome of course...We love new mamas and it's fun to chat with everyone...

My baby bunnies are doing really well...I've got a black, dark brown, and 4 light colored that I won't know for sure what color they are until they get a bit more fuz...3 of them have some ugly injuries so I won't post pictures until they've healed better but this is their dad and we harvest fiber for yarn...

We started our fiber business right before I found out I was preggo so I haven't accomplished anything this year that I needed to...All our spare money went to the baby instead of the business...blah...hope I can get it going soon...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
Avasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reithegenki View Post
My little boy has been SO rough lately too, Heidi! He kicks and punches so hard it almost knocks the wind out of me then drags it across so hard! He's going to be a little monster, I know it!

So, DH and I went to our first birthing class today! We were an hour late because he started his new job today, they let him go early to go to class, and then he got lost on the way home (it's actually a promotion, but he changed stores for training - he's officially a meat cutter now!) The class was fun, and the instructor didn't seem to mind that we were late. No real new information, but we did watch a video that had a birth at the end... It's not new to me, I saw a live birth in Anatomy and Physiology in highschool (it was a video of my teacher's birth) and that was much messier than the one in the video, but for some reason for the first time I am actually kinda scared of the actual birth now! It didn't gross me out or anything, but it made me think "Oh my god, my VAGINA!!!"

Oh, and my DH decided to share with me (knowing my mortal fear of surgery) that they REMOVE some of your internal organ stuff and set it on your stomach then pull the baby out and then put the stuff back. (He was going to be a doctor... he is unphased by things like this.) And somehow didn't think that would freak me out? I am deathly afraid of getting surgery of any kind. I am resigned to the fact that if I have to get a C-section for the safety of the baby and myself, I will, but I am still terrified of it.
I can't believe your teacher showed you a video of her birth I would NEVER let anyone see mine...not that I would video tape it either, I guess I am kinda modest in that aspect. I would give birth alone if it were possible

Quote:
Im still a littel new here, so havent posted on these chats yet I don't think. So I will use this to sort of introduce myself too. I am due October 12th with my 2nd boy. I work full time (up until June I had 3 jobs to prepare for our expenses). Hubby lost his job in May due to the restaurant burning down. Now he is getting his executive chef certification, going to school full time an hour away in the evenings....
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxence View Post
Is there a name we can all you? Welcome of course...We love new mamas and it's fun to chat with everyone...

My baby bunnies are doing really well...I've got a black, dark brown, and 4 light colored that I won't know for sure what color they are until they get a bit more fuz...3 of them have some ugly injuries so I won't post pictures until they've healed better but this is their dad and we harvest fiber for yarn...

We started our fiber business right before I found out I was preggo so I haven't accomplished anything this year that I needed to...All our spare money went to the baby instead of the business...blah...hope I can get it going soon...
That is one fluffy bunny! Ava would love to have one of those, she's a serious animal lover, and thank god her aunt who is a vet tech has a million animals so I send Ava over there to get her animal fix

It really seems like we may start seeing some October babies arrive judging by all the posts of symptoms...CRAZY, this pregnancy really has flown by for me!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasmommy View Post

That is one fluffy bunny! Ava would love to have one of those, she's a serious animal lover, and thank god her aunt who is a vet tech has a million animals so I send Ava over there to get her animal fix
He's an Angora...specifically german/french cross...I adore him...sweetest animal ever...He is bigger than our cat, but just a fluff ball of fun...
I've gotta go feed the babies their morning feeding right now...I sure hope they pull through poor things...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Im still a littel new here, so havent posted on these chats yet I don't think. So I will use this to sort of introduce myself too. I am due October 12th with my 2nd boy. I work full time (up until June I had 3 jobs to prepare for our expenses). Hubby lost his job in May due to the restaurant burning down. Now he is getting his executive chef certification, going to school full time an hour away in the evenings....
I'd ask your midwife about whether you should travel, too. about dh's job. I worked full-time until the day before dd1 was born! This time my last day was the 20th.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #16
Avasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

This morning I woke up to Ava calling me Cork...some of our friends and Dh joke around calling me Corkie/Cork instead of Corie and Ava has obvisouly picking up on it. Lately she wakes up in a great mood, and it's pretty funny. So today she kept saying "Hey Cork" "Hey Cork" "I want an oreo" then when I said "ah no it's to early for Oreos" She said "Ah, how bout a pop?", I said "Ava, oreos and Pops are not breakfast" She laughed at me and said "ok, how bout fruit?" She cracks me up lately!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #17
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies! Welcome to the chat, percussionsmith! Like Jacque said, a name would be most appreciated; it makes it a little more real than dealing with screennames.

Today I have $35 in cash (so no overspending) to buy something for postpartum. DH had to make a delivery for work the other day and they paid him $65 cash, which works for me! Anyways, I have a few stretchy yoga pants, but I don't want to pack them yet because I don't have enough to spare... So I'm going to the mall to sift thru clearance racks today. Hopefully I can find something that will work!

Corie - I know, I keep thinking the same thing. These babies are going to start arriving in the next few weeks, judging from what I've read! AH!

I think I've got a little bit of a nesting bug/baby bug. Yesterday I took out one of our prefolds and covers and put together a little newborn dipe... And nearly died in excitement and shock. Man, new babies are really small. I completely forgot how little they are!

That's it. Sorry I wrote a book. LOL!

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love Old Navy clearance for yoga pants. Like $5.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
eliz244
Registered Users

so I woke up the other night with a few swift kicks to the cervix and low and behold at my dr appt today he confirmed it...he's turned breech. I wondered why I didn't have to go to the bathroom as much! Hopefully he won't get too comfortable.

oh and my midwife and dr both said that from the feel of him, I will probably be delievering a 9lb + baby. Hopefully he'll come soon!
eliz244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #20
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
I love Old Navy clearance for yoga pants. Like $5.
Excellent idea. I love Old Navy for cheap clothes!

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote