Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #21
Zpatrol
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chat 8/30-9/5

Mmmmmm, vaginas and bunnies. LOL

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 10:17 AM   #22
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zpatrol View Post
Mmmmmm, vaginas and bunnies. LOL
If you step into weekly chat you never know what you'll find...We're a shocking bunch...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #23
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nesting,nesting, nesting... And in between the spurts of nesting... Diaperswappers, diaperswappers, diaperswappers...

I woke up in the middle of the night itching my c-section scar. Went to the bathroom and lathered it up in vit E oil. Stupid thing.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #24
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our geography lesson today is about Brazil so the kids are watching a netflix documentary about the amazon...DD1 is so excited about the pink river dolphins...
Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #25
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I woke up way too early this morning and couldnt stop thinking about all the stuff I could be doing to try to get the nursery ready... looks like today is going to be a nesting day

Its POURING rain here today! I am SO happy to see my fall weather but I have no idea what to do with DD indoors. All she wants to do is go for a walk and I dont have a jacket that covers my giant preggo belly! Any ideas? What do you mama's do with the kiddos on rainy days?

All the talk about homeschooling makes me want to give it a try when DD is older. I know DH would think I was INSANE and so would the rest of the family. I'm big on socialization for DD and I'm not sure how I would do it if we homeschooled. I dont think its a very popular choice around here so finding a group of moms/kids who do might be difficult. Also, I would have NO idea where to start. It sounds fun though I love school and learning and I think teaching my kids would be fun too. We still have TONS of time to think about it though.

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #26
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRockMom View Post
I woke up way too early this morning and couldnt stop thinking about all the stuff I could be doing to try to get the nursery ready... looks like today is going to be a nesting day

Its POURING rain here today! I am SO happy to see my fall weather but I have no idea what to do with DD indoors. All she wants to do is go for a walk and I dont have a jacket that covers my giant preggo belly! Any ideas? What do you mama's do with the kiddos on rainy days?

All the talk about homeschooling makes me want to give it a try when DD is older. I know DH would think I was INSANE and so would the rest of the family. I'm big on socialization for DD and I'm not sure how I would do it if we homeschooled. I dont think its a very popular choice around here so finding a group of moms/kids who do might be difficult. Also, I would have NO idea where to start. It sounds fun though I love school and learning and I think teaching my kids would be fun too. We still have TONS of time to think about it though.
Hmmm rainy days...well to be honest I wondered what it would be like to live somewhere where it rains for more than 30 min, 20 days a year...honestly I'm not even sure I own an umbrella...

As for homeschool...I would put her in sports, dance class, karate, gymnastics, etc for socialization...It's not popular around here either, I'm a minority taking constant flack from local moms. It's really not as hard as you make it in your head I promise...The way I see it is I would spend more time in the morning and afternoon getting my kids ready for school, to the bus, and picking them up than I need to spend on lessons if I bulk them up all at once...
Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #27
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRockMom View Post

Dude, I live in a desert . I don't really have pouring rain days.

And on the homeschool front, I prefer to have the girls in an extracurricular activity (they finished up their summer classes and I have to find a new one now), plus playgroups with friends and at the park to meet new kids, plus church, etc. And it's just fun
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kelly- socialization with homeschooling is such a stigma, really think about it, who do you really want them to be social with anyways? Maybe 10% of the kids that are in their school would I be ok with according to our standards and morals and that is stretching it. My kids are VERY outgoing and are NOT SHY at all (except when around 1-2 which is normal they only want momma!!)

You don't homeschool based on what family and worries about social capacity, you homeschool based on the schools academics being offered, religious reasons, moral issues ect. I think if people would only homeschool based on what others said about it that were uneducated in the topic, then no one would homeschool Do research discover if it really is for you and your family and go from there. It has become such a popular thing these days in most parts of the country I think the stigma is leaving!
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #29
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

True about the social stuff...The way I see it is highschool teaches them to act like pack animals...They're learning social habits that take years to unlearn...Building confidence is what's important to me, but not arrogance or ego...Which is why I believe putting them into a class that takes discipline and practice while learning a skill worthy of being proud of and doing this with other children their age is the best way to socialize your kids...Also a benefit of homeschooling is that they are never competing academically with the other kids, only themselves. They have to constantly improve themselves without the stigma of being a "nerd" for being too smart, or "slow" if they struggle in a subject...It's the cliques I want to avoid, while still helping them grow socially...
Also I think HomeSchool is good for teaching them to interact with people as a whole instead of placing them into levels...after highschool, age no longer matters socially but that is drilled into us clear through school...Etc... just my opinion..
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #30
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You know you're nesting when you clean out the underwear drawer, organize it, throw out old undies, and then fold them all (I don't remember the last time I did that, to say the least.)

We're planning on homeschooling but there's a huge local Catholic homeschooling group here.. And we love them! I see such a great community in all those kids, and they're actually GOOD kids.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote