Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My sisters stupid comment

She is coming to visit this weekend with her two wild boys and less than ideal husband. She is making plans to go an expensive water park in town and wants us to go with her. Well...1 it is way to expensive for us $150 just for a family of four. 2 I am still EBF'ing and she wants me out there all day with no baby. We all know that isn't going to happen because who wants to pump at a public water park every 3hrs. DH and ds1 are going to go instead so my son can go have fun with his cousins. So I told her why I wasn't going and her reply in a snide'ish tone "sucks to be you!" The more I think about it the more I am peeved about it. But she is who she is and she is anti-breast and anti-cloth and sticks her own kids in daycare when she is home because it is to much work. Yeah...her children were unplanned birth control babies.
I don't expect ANY support from her and we are not close but that comment was a little over the top! I wanted to smack her through the phone but she is the type that no matter what I say she is right (insert eye roll here).

By the way I didn't invite her to visit, she invited herself. We are not close and probrobly never will be.

Advertisement

Last edited by TaraR; 08-30-2010 at 09:09 PM.
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My sisters stupid comment

wow...wait, she wants you at the park all day without the baby? where's the baby?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

sounds like that will be a fun visit. bummer that she's so negative about your parenting styles
Old 08-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She wants me to leave the baby with my MIL all day long on Sunday...yeah right...She is at church all day Saturday to begin with and I don't care to have an entire day of pumping. I would really miss my little man! She just assumes I will leave him with somone...typical.

I am thinking "fun" visit as well
Old 08-31-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
RedheadMom09
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any time I get the "sucks to be you", "what a burden", "why don't you quit BFing so you can have a break" type comments, my standard response is "I consider it to be a privilege."
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
luckymum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't listen to her. Let your DH go with her and Enjoy an empty house with you and your baby
Old 08-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will use that comment " I consider it a privalage" next time she comments and I know there will be a next time. Great come back without starting a fight!

Luckymum it will be nice to have a more quiet house. I will have my 3yo and baby all to myself. Nap time as usual will be difficult for the baby with my toddler wreaking havoc but at least my WILD nephews won't be here! I will let my 10yo enjoy their crazy nature with his father while baking in the sun.

Thanks for all your support
Old 09-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

That's terrible. I was complaining to my sister about my tattoo artist saying I can't get tattooed since I'm BFing & how I couldn't go to a concert with her because DD needs to nurse a lot at night & her comment was "you just need to get that baby off the d*** boob & give her some formula." I wanted to reach through the phone and punch her in the face.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow. I'm going to e-mail my sister right now and tell her how fortunate I am to have her for a sister. That would be extremely difficult to deal with. I'm thinking "sucks to be your husband" because he's going to be the one who has to be around her all day now...I hope he punches her in the face for you.

I agree, though, that the next time she makes such a rude comment, good to have well-thought out, mature responses...although you can't always be certain it will avoid a fight.

I'm also thinking maybe your sister is jealous of you and insecure - which is why she feels the need to attack you in this way.
Superblonde Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #10
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Funny when she said that all I could think is "really...sucks to be you". Her dh is a past cheater and she can't trust him. They have a lot of money to blow and make it known but I don't think it makes them happy. Their kids are OUT OF CONTROL and even she leaves them in extended daycare on her off days from work. She suffers from anxiety and depression off/on. I feel bad for them because they are stuck together and can't seem to part ways for a better life apart. To me they seem unhappy.

I have a great husband and father that I can trust who works his butt off for what we do have. We may not be able to afford a vacation anywhere except the backyard but our children are happy with that most of the time. I wouldn't trade with her for all the money in the world.