Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #121
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

Hey! I wanted to share my pumpkin patch pics, too. I'm having a lot of fun editing photos with picnik.com lately.

Abby's really trying to get our food lately. I think I'll start letting her taste stuff every now and then. She had this awful fever-blistery type of rash all over her upper lip and cheeks last week. The pediatrician said she'd seen at least 4 other kids with the same sort of thing lately. Apparently there's a strain going around. Bleh! Didn't seem to bother her, though.

Advertisement

mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #122
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies, just checking in.
Jennifer, Matthew sounds a lot like my dd. She rolls, and scoots around a ton. I think she's going to be an early crawler. I hate it though, because I have to be very careful of where I leave her now.
Tina, I'll be praying for Nathan that his surgery goes well.
Katie, that's crazy about your friend. I am so scared that will happen to us before dh gets his V, or even after since they aren't 100% guaranteed. I hope she's excited to be pregnant again.
Jamie, so sorry your little guy still isn't sleeping well. That is so hard on mommy.

AFM: DD is going to bed in her crib around 10 each night. I would love to get her to bed earlier, but it just doesn't work. Whenever she wakes up to eat, dh brings her to our bed, and that's where she usually stays the rest of the night. She is teething terribly, and that makes her so fussy sometimes. I bought her an amber necklace, and today is her first day of wearing it, so I hope it helps. Nothing else seems to soothe her poor gums. She has developed these patches of really dry skin on her legs and one arm. It looks kind of like eczema, but I don't know what could be causing it.
The rest of the family is doing well. The two oldest are doing great in school, and our 3yo dd is enjoying dance this year. She's still a handful, but at least she's found something she likes. Yougnest ds is hitting the terrible twos hard lately, but I know he could be much worse, so I can't complain too much. He is such a tiny little thing, but has a great vocabulary and is really smart, and I think he'll be ready to potty train very soon, which will make me happy. We've had at least one kid in diapers for the past 7 1/2 years straight, and all the kids have overlapped and still been in diapers when the next was born, so I'm very tired of diapers.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #123
stori
Registered Users
seller

I keep forgetting to check in here!

Super cute pics!!

Tina and Jamie hope your little guys do good for thier surgeries.

We have a CRAWLER! She looks like a monkey..the kid wont put her knees down. So her butt is in the air and her feet are flat so she goes a cross the carpet like that. So funny to watch! She also figuired out how to sit up on her own. She is way ahead of when her brothers did this stuff! Hubs had his follow up and is sterile now so no more for us, unless one gets away and then it was just ment to be! I have got to remember to check in here more often!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #124
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Stori, I can't believe you've got a crawler already! That's awesome!

Ethan still just rolls over from his back to his front and then stays there. He pushes up on his arms and does the see-saw thing with his head and arms up and his legs up. I'm starting to wonder if he might just skip learning to roll over from front to back, and just start crawling... you can tell he wants to get moving.

We started rice cereal a couple days ago, and he's doing great with it now! He knows to open his mouth, barely pushes any out of his mouth while he's eating (and even that is only when he's distracted by his doting sister watching him). But since we started that, when he sits in his high chair and watches us eat supper he screams and squeals like we should be sharing our supper with him

Last edited by katesmash; 10-19-2010 at 12:01 PM.
katesmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #125
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh my gosh Stori, crawling already! crazy! Nathan will occasionally scoot a little, but i dont' think it's intentional lol!

We had his 4 month well baby visit today, just shy of 5 months (so i used 5 months on the chart). I used this calculator that calculated everything for me. http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/usefu...ercentiles.htm
At 5 months:
your child is 14.2 pounds, and that is
at the 8th percentile for weight.

your child is 27.5 inches, and that is
at the 91th percentile for height.

LOL! The doctor isn't concerned about his weight after looking at me (5'9 and 160 now) and then asking how tall daddy is (5'11 and 175ish). She just said he was blessed, love her! I know some other docs would push for formula supplementing and such
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #126
stori
Registered Users
seller

Tina I am sure he is perfect! Stella is extremly long too and her weight isnt were it should be, but all her brothers followed the same scale
Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #127
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Tina & Jamie: I'll be keeping your little guys in my prayers, too!

Tina: It's nice to hear about another baby being "smaller"! Carter goes in for his 5 mos. appt. on Monday, and if he follows the growth pattern he's been following, he should be about 14 lbs. 7 oz. and 27.5", so very close to Nathan. He has a little head, too. His ped. make a comment about not worrying about that as it's not indicative to how large his brain is or how smart he'll be. Umm...thanks?

Carter figured out how to roll from back to tummy about two weeks ago. However, he still hasn't figured out that he needs to turn his head when he's on his tummy and is tired of holding up his head (he had this figured out for a whole day awhile back). So he either screams or he doesn't do anything at all but keep his face planted in the blanket...which freaks me out! I'm paranoid now that he'll do that when he's sleeping. It's funny because he is constantly rolling onto his tummy now. Even after he freaks out and screams about being 'done', I'll roll him onto his back, and he immediately goes back onto his tummy.

He's trying really hard to crawl, too! For the past month or so, he's been pushing up on his feet, putting his butt in the air with knees off the ground. He scoots quite a bit.

We're not sleeping through the night anymore, which is fine. He's at least spread it out to every 3+ hrs, for the most part. There's an occasional 2 hr. gap...but also an occasional 5-6 hr. gap. He starts off in his crib, and then makes his way into our room. I've finally mastered side nursing, so he's becoming the little bed hog. I usually move him back into the PnP when he's done, but sometimes I fall back to sleep. It's a lot better than having to sit up with the Boppy! I feel much more refreshed! I've woken up quite a few times with him having relatched on a few hours later, which is nice!

We are still having nap issues. He's a cat napper and will only nap while nursing, I'm holding him, or I'm laying down with him. Makes getting anything done impossible! Every few days though he throws in a 3 hr. nap. I just wish he'd nap in his crib. I totally do the whole "Okay, he's been asleep for a solid 15-20 mins..." and try to carefully move him. Nope. Wakes up everytime. He refuses to go down at night for Daddy, too. It can be pretty draining!

No solids here yet either. I'm planning on skipping rice cereal and going straight to veggies and fruits. He'll get oatmeal, too. I'm trying to debate between purees or going straight to finger foods. I guess it depends on when we start him on foods. He's been showing interest for awhile now; smacking his lips, grabbing at food, staring at us while we eat, etc.

Dh and I had our first date night this past Friday! He had 4 baby-sitters. My mom, step-dad, and 8 yr. old twin cousins. They ate it up! We saw Steve Byrne, the comedian. Hilarious!! We were only gone for about 3 hrs., but I was soo ready to be back home with Carter. We're hoping to make it a point to sneak away for a date night at least once a month.
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #128
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Cute pics, BTW! I'll have to check out that website, Sarah!

Cheryl: Carter had the same thing. His ped said to switch from bathing every other day to bathing every 3rd-4th day. We started doing that and the patches on his legs cleared up.
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #129
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

I checked out that calculator with Ethan's 5 month measurements (2 weeks ago)

At 5 months:

your child is 19.1875 pounds, and that is
at the 87th percentile for weight.

your child is 28.5 inches, and that is
at greater than the 97th percentile for height.

I have a big boy!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #130
stori
Registered Users
seller

Here is stellas
At 5 months:
your child is 16 pounds, and that is
at the 64th percentile for weight.

your child is 28 inches, and that is
at greater than the 97th percentile for height.