Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #141
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

Ethan just started rolling to actually get somewhere today, and now I'm a bit freaked out... I think DH and I are going to have to relook at how "baby proof" our house is now.

Here's an action shot.. he started out on the middle of that blanket on the flooor, and ended up there. Would have gotten farther if I hadn't intervened. I try not to let the kids get into the kitchen (which is around that corner) for as long as I possibly can... I know I can't prevent it forever, but I prefer his 'learning to crawl and get around' time be spent in the livingroom where it's carpeted and I can see where he is.

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #142
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

How cute Katie! W's doing the same thing. I put him on the blanket next to the couch and he rolled/squiggled his way over to the toys next to the tv and helped himself to a few favorites. It's kinda cute and sad at the same time to see him becoming so independent.

Oh and I was cleaning my kitchen today and decided to move my microwave and found.. the pacifiers I was supposed to mail you. Please lmk if you still want them.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #143
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

I'd forgotten about those. I think I might have been wondering about them a couple months ago, but never thought to ask you about them. Don't worry about them, he likes his nuk ones now.

Eeeek! Keira's birthday party with a bunch of kids is next Sunday! When did this sneak up on me? thankfully Bryce has 4 of the next 5 days off (he works on Friday) and I"ve already bought the goodie bag favours and her birthday present.

What would you guys do for birthday present giving? I bought her 2 things: some clothes and a toy. We could give her both presents together, or split them up. Like give her the toy at the kid party, and the clothes at the family party... or give them both together at one of the parties, or on her actual birthday. I don't know how I want to do this.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #144
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

cute roly polies lol! Nathan is also rolling, not over and over to get places. It also makes me sad that he is growing up so fast, but at the same time, I'm thankful he is hitting mile stones

He has a cold, has had it for over a week so i took him to the doc today, no meds, prob viral, but he is now 14lbs 11oz...still small, but growing. He also likes a paci now and will keep it in his mouth. It's nice b/c he was going for fingers, but you can't take those away later like a paci...and it's not my nipple he wants to chomp on all day lol!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #145
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so jealous of those of you whose kids will take pacis. Matthew has never kept one in his mouth. We used to prop him up with a blanket wrapped around his head to keep it in, and he'd still manage to spit it out. Then once he found his thumb, he decided he has absolutely no use for ANYTHING that isn't skin. He doesn't suck it very often, but I'm frustrated at another thumb-sucker.

I'm taking Matthew to a WIC appt. tomorrow, so we'll see how chunky he is then... I'm guessing 18-20 lbs! (He's 5 months old today! He's growing up too fast!)
Old 11-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #146
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Logan is so mobile its scary. He will be six month old on Saturday. He is already eating one meal a day (just cereal, sometimes mixed with bananna and bm). He LOVES it. His face just lights up. We cannot get over illnesses in our house. Both of my babies are on breathing treaments for reactive airway. Drives me crazy. I don't have those symptoms but when Lana and Logan get a cold they immediately start wheezing and gasping. Do you know how NOT FUN it is to give a 6 month old neb treatments! Bleh!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #147
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Sorry for the sick babies Dh, Riley and I have a nasty cold but apparently W is immune.. love that part of bfing, sometimes you get lucky and they never get sick at all!

Sorry Katie. LOL What can I say other than I'm a complete scatterbrain these days.

We have a bunch of b-days coming up too, my oldest is going to be 8!!! 8!!! Where did the time go? Dh and I usually give the boys their birthday presents from us (all of them) on their actual bdays b/c there's so much to open from family and friends at their parties anyway. Then they get to pick what they want for dinner that day. Just a little way to make the actual day special.

W sucks his thumb and I'm totally ok with that. If that's what soothes him, and he can help himself to it all the better. LOL

Jennifer, I did a double take when I saw Matthew's pic, he and Wyatt look a lot alike!

OK, so question:

What do you do if your baby prefers to sleep on his belly? W has been IMPOSSIBLE the last week, waking every 2 hrs to nurse and generally acting uncomfortable in his bassinet. So I started the painful process of getting him 1. into our bedroom and 2. in the crib to sleep all night. The first night was ugly. But last night he was half asleep/half awake and trying to talk/play with us through droopy eyes. I laid him down in the crib knowing he was dry and full praying that he'd play himself to sleep and he did! I got up to check on him when he got quiet and nearly had a heart attack.. he was sleeping on his tummy! I woke up a couple times to check on him but he slept all_NIGHT_LONG. I couldn't believe it! I probably won't lay him on his belly but if he rolls that way is it ok to leave him? I admit it freaks me out a little but reality-wise I can't really stop him if he does it himself. His daddy sleeps the same way, flat on his stomach hugging his pillow. EEK.. but omigosh.. yay for sleep again!

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 11-04-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #148
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Liz, at this age I wouldn't fight the belly sleeping... if he's rolling himself over to sleep like that, just let him sleep. Ethan stays on his back and rolls over to play when he wakes up... but Keira started sleeping on her side or back at this age.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #149
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Wow, we're at almost 150 posts in this thread, anyone want to start a new one? Maybe do a monthly may 2010 chat thread like some of the other groups are doing? I've noticed this one loading slower and slower!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #150
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Wow, we're at almost 150 posts in this thread, anyone want to start a new one? Maybe do a monthly may 2010 chat thread like some of the other groups are doing? I've noticed this one loading slower and slower!
is it really? I hadn't noticed, are we suppose to start a new thread?

for belly sleeping...Nathan sleeps on his side if swaddled, b/c i use a positioner, but if he is napping without being swaddled, then he sleeps on his belly. Once they can roll over i don't think it's a concern.

on that note, anyone else still swaddling? Nathan will NOT sleep more than a few hours if not swaddled. I tried it last week, it was not pretty, so i gave up after two nights of no sleep.