Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #191
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

My MIL has this big plan for the holidays. I'm really hoping she's well enough to enjoy it. The plan is for Christmas Eve: early afternoon/evening go to the rec hall in the small town where SIL lives, decorate a xmas tree, have a meat/cheese/cracker supper and have the kids have a movie & popcorn night. Christmas day go back out there, do gift opening in the morning and spend the day out there, having the big Christmas meal there too. She told me to invite my family as well. It's a 20-30 minute drive to get out there, and our winter weather isn't always the greatest. I think we're going to do something with my family on Christmas Eve, or at least stay here in the city, and then go out there Christmas Day. My parents might come out there too, I'm not sure if they've decided yet. I need to tell my brothers about it still.

I'm concerned that MIL might not be well enough to enjoy it though. She's been in the hospital a lot lately. I don't know if I mentioned what's going on with her in this thread yet....

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #192
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanasmom View Post
When your lo's wake up in their cribs (if you don't cosleep) are they happy or fussy. Logan wakes up crying no matter where he sleeps. Even when he sleeps with us he wakes up fussing. Lana was never like that. She would wake up and just talk to her self and play?

Logan is sitting regularly now, he loves his food, and while he doesnt crawl he can roll to get anything he wants. Its awesome to watch!

What are you all doing special for the holidays?
When Matt wakes up (in his crib), he usually either blows raspberries or sucks on his thumb really loud. If I leave him for long enough, then he'll start crying because he's starving to death (or so he thinks... I think he could go for a week between feedings he's so big! lol)

I just started Matt on solids, and he is LOVING it!!! When I give him something new, he'll chew on it for a few seconds, trying to figure out if he likes it or not, and sometimes makes funny faces, but then he devours bite after bite. He's been cranky lately (we were at my in-law's for 5 days last week and he was SPOILED, held ALL THE TIME) thinking he needs to be held, but once I brought in the high chair, he was perfectly fine.

Yesterday, I had Matt in the high chair at lunch and he stole his brother's pb&j sandwich and was wolfing it down just as fast as he could. Nick was so upset he started crying. Good thing our family doesn't have a history of food allergies!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #193
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Ethan wakes up and cries.. well, whine/cries. His crib is right next to my bed... maybe he might wake up and talk/play to himself but I don't hear it because I'm asleep until he wakes me up.. which takes noise. Or until Keira wakes me up. I can't remember when Keira started to just talk/play in her crib when she woke up... but I'm sure that he'll eventually get there too. Right now he's in a real 'attachment' phase, where I can barely leave the room or he'll cry. It's a bit frustrating, but we cope. Sometimes he might have to cry a bit (I refuse to take him in the bathroom with me, for example).

Ethan is loving his solids.. I don't think I've found anything he doesn't like yet. He definitely likes the oatmeal cereal better than the rice, and he's really liking the solids that have meat in them. And his teeth are sooooo close to coming through... I can see them through his gums but they won't break through yet.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #194
jess&claire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HI, guys just happened on to this. can you belivie the babes are 6/7month. its crazy.
things are super nuts here, busy, kids to chase, hubs to make happy its really really nuts. I understand how pp stay there marriage was over when the baby arrived. we love love G, but man 2 kids to manage , a house and free time leaves every little time for anything else. i keep telling my self that thier only little for a while and one day sooner then i would like we'll have our s3x life and marriage back.

G is 19lbs 30in, has 4 teeth and sittings well, was crewling at 5.5 mons then bashed his face into a toy and will only go back or sideways. he's just like his sis and hates jared food, but if i make it or it comes from my plate he's cool with it. he is such a GREAT baby. dd was high needs this guy just needs a couple kisses and a b@@b and he's good. he cryed for an hour last night and dug at his eye, took him in a yup ear infection. in my 3yrs as mama never had to deal with ear infections.

sounds like all is well with everyone. we need to post some pic of these May babys...
Old 12-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #195
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Jess, since you mentioned pics... here's a couple of mine

and because she's cute..
Old 12-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #196
jess&claire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...402.1427672585

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adrian...7.203937240548

i've been so crazy with other pp's photos i have noting really of mine lol
Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #197
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

I just got to see the proofs from a big family photo shoot we did last week... I don't like how *I* look in them.. I didn't have time to do my hair properly beforehand. But the kids look adorable... I'll post some when I get some digital copies.

Jess, those links didn't work for me
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #198
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Katie, your kiddos are so cute, and Ethan looks so big! Does Ethan want to come teach dd how to sit? She has been crawling for a couple weeks, and in the last couple days started pushing herself back to a sort of sitting position, and then she gets soooo mad that she's stuck there and can't figure out how to get back to her tummy to crawl around some more. It's funny when she gets stuck, but also annoying I have to keep going to her and moving her back to her tummy every time.
DD had her 6 month check-up Friday and she's only 15 pounds 5 ounces, and 25 1/2 inches long. I really think the ped's office kind of sucks at measuring length though, so who knows if that is accurate. She is definitely outgrowing all her 3-6 month pj's in the length, so I know she's getting longer. I am surprised she doesn't weigh more as heavy as she feels, and as much as she eats. All my kids are on the tiny end though, and she's still in the healthy range, so I'm trying not to worry. Lately she's been nursing 8 times a day, so I can't help but wonder if I'm making skim milk or something, lol! She was 14 pounds 4 ounces at her 4 month check-up just for comparison. I really need to take some new pics of dd. I'm terrible about that!
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #199
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

LOL Cheryl. Maybe if your DD will teach him how to crawl? Because he's not doing that yet. He manages to get around to where he wants to go (like across the floor to the toys) by rolling back and forth and inching his way. He's starting to push/pull himself with his arms but his legs are doing NOTHING yet. He only figured out sitting in the last couple weeks, and it seemed to come suddenly (he was overcompensating before so he wouldn't fall one way, and he'd make himself fall the other way)

We did Santa pics today! First time since my DD was a month old! She freaked out when I tried at a year old, and I don't remember why we didn't try last year. We have to go pick up the picture tomorrow, I'll scan and post then and I can't wait to get the pictures from the family photo shoot.. they are seriously sooo cute.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #200
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl-Nathan is about 15lb and 4oz by me holding him on our scale although he is 28" long so he looks thin bc he is so long lol

Nathan is still just rolling around. He wants to sit up but can't stay sitting for any amount of time. Not crawling yet either, which is fine by me lol

I got my iud put in to day. I chose the Mirena. It hurt really bad when they put it in so I'm glad it's good for 5 years ...and I'm also glad I kept the percocet that was offered after having Nathan bc the cramping was kicking my butt immediately after..it's been about a hour and a half since insertion and it's getting a tad better but prob only bc of the drugs. Thankfully my mom took our 3yo home with her and dh is home early so I'm on the couch