Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #201
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2010 DDC

Tina, I'm sorry it hurt so bad getting the mirena put in. Mine didn't hurt at all, and I only had monir cramping for a couple hours. Nothing some ibuprofen couldn't handle. On the other hand, I hated my mirena, so I wish you good luck with yours. I wish it had worked out for me as it really is the perfect birth control for me, but it just sucked. I had mine after our fourth baby, and I didn't figure it would be any different this time around. We are still just using condoms, but so far that's working for us. It helps we almost never dtd. Between the kids, and me being sick for almost the last month, there just hasn't been much desire. Dh still says he's going to get the v, but he's been saying that for 6 months, and still hasn't called to make his appointment. I'm not his mom, so I'm not doing it for him.

Advertisement

cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #202
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal527 View Post
Dh still says he's going to get the v, but he's been saying that for 6 months, and still hasn't called to make his appointment. I'm not his mom, so I'm not doing it for him.

bahhhhh!

Today is much better, a little discomfort but not bad overall. I suppose for 5 years of birth control, assuming nothing happens, it's not a bad deal. I REALY hope i am one of the lucky ones who doesn't get a period on it. Only time will tell though as i havn't gotten one yet..it was funny nurse: "when was your LNMP?" me: "August 2009" lol! the only bad part about not getting AF is i bought a lot of mama cloth 2 different co-ops, not knowing i may not even use them.

This will be the only IUD i get (unless i get no periods, in which case i may never be without one lol!). After 4 years, if we are still thinking no more, dh will get snipped in time for it to come out and him have had the "all clear"
Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #203
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Hey ladies (if anyone's really lurking here anymore)... I posted it as a status on facebook but I'm asking here too. If any of you would like to receive a Christmas card from me and the kiddos (and Bryce too I guess ) then send me your address.
I know I love getting mail (especially mail that isn't bills!), and I'm sure I"m not the only one
Old 12-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #204
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

.... I guess not, since nobody said anything since I wrote that.

So I have good news (hopefully!). Remember the whole job situation I was in (working temp, and when I left on mat leave, my manager had quit, etc). Well apparently they have convinced him to come back and gotten rid of the replacement (who was an idiot anyway)... and he emailed me to let me know, and suggested that I should apply for the Admin Assistant position there (this was the job above me when I worked there before)... so I did up my resume and emailed it to the area manager last night. I'd LOVE to work with him again, we got along great and it was a job I really loved.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #205
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Fx for you Katie! I was lurking and went to the fb page I think... I Think I got distract or thought I did but didnt.. Sorry!

Finally got the Christmas tree up today and will decorate it tonight. Dh is being a scrooge per the usual. He just hates organized events or holidays that commit him to do things for someone other than himself....I believe it's bc he was an only child so anyone out there with just one lo...have another.. For his future families sake lol!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #206
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

We took our tree over to my parents' today and decorated it after supper. We're going there first thing xmas morning so I didn't see a point in putting the big tree up here. We have a small fibre-optic so I'm going to put that up here. DD was adorable, helping put up the decorations and telling everyone in the room Happy Christmas!

Some good news.. we are getting a new vehicle! DH qualified and signed the papers today, we are getting a 2006 Kia Sportage. Much nicer, bigger and more storage than the '02 Nissan Sentra we've been driving for the last four years. I'm excited! We will be picking it up Tuesday or Wednesday. Merry Christmas to us
Old 12-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #207
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We put our tree up yesterday also, just lights on so far.

I am super behind on housework with getting the Mirena put in and me being "off work" (as much as a sahm can be) and only doing essentials for 2 days it put me really behind. Not only that but my mom is really starting to piss me off. I love her but she is like OCD clean almost and she said "it's keeping me up at night thinking about how messy your house" so she thought she'd "help" when all she actually did was put me behind schedule and got out more stuff that needs to be put away upstairs and wouldn't let me do the work downstairs that needed done...like cleaning the kitchen, which any mom of more than one KNOWS needs done on a daily basis, sometimes twice lol!

I try to give her a break but it's really frustrating bc it's like she's saying she can do better. Ummm my bro and I are 7 years apart AND I had a nanny who took care of me and cleaned the house! Soooo not the same.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #208
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Katie, I'll exchange christmas cards with you if you want. I forgot to reply to your facebook post.

Tina, sorry your mom is making you kind of nuts. I am thankful my mom doens't mind coming over to help clean, but she is never critical about my house being messy. It would really bother me if I had to deal with that. My mom only had me and my brother and I remember our house always being very clean, but she gets that life with 5 kids makes a clean house very difficult. I hope you are feeling better and can catch up soon. Being behind on house work totally sucks!
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #209
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh and ihad a long talk last night. We were both fed up with how things are so hopefully things will change for the better soon. Today was much more productive houseworkwise. We are each writing down what we do during the day, or atleast I am bc I think he thinks I don't do much...but I don't get lunch till after 1pm bc I'm trying to do everything before Nathan wakes up and then have to eat whilefeeding him too.. I'm just not really sure where else I can save time or do more, kwim?

On an exciting note my good friend from like gradeschool is havin her baby! She wasn't due till Christmas day, and this is certainly a miracle baby. First child, 4 years ttc, 1 miscarriage and then this one she was told was not likely viable pregnancy and here she is, full term, being induced for pre-e tonight. Baby is expected to be under 6lbs so tomorrow I'm going shopping for premie stuff and hopefullyget to go visit her, maybe during labor if she asks. She is wanting to go naturally, she was born at home herself
Old 12-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #210
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh and ihad a long talk last night. We were both fed up with how things are so hopefully things will change for the better soon. Today was much more productive houseworkwise. We are each writing down what we do during the day, or atleast I am bc I think he thinks I don't do much...but I don't get lunch till after 1pm bc I'm trying to do everything before Nathan wakes up and then have to eat whilefeeding him too.. I'm just not really sure where else I can save time or do more, kwim?

On an exciting note my good friend from like gradeschool is havin her baby! She wasn't due till Christmas day, and this is certainly a miracle baby. First child, 4 years ttc, 1 miscarriage and then this one she was told was not likely viable pregnancy and here she is, full term, being induced for pre-e tonight. Baby is expected to be under 6lbs so tomorrow I'm going shopping for premie stuff and hopefullyget to go visit her, maybe during labor if she asks. She is wanting to go naturally, she was born at home herself