Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #211
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

Sure Cheryl It won't be one of the photo cards like I ordered because I've already ordered and mailed them out, but I do have some Christmas cards and I can print out a pic of the kiddos. PM me your address.

Tina, I hope your mom and DH don't give you too much grief. And congrats to your friend! Hope the baby is healthy and doesn't have too long of a NICU stay (if any at all)

I'm going a little crazy right now.... between wedding planning and DH's family dynamics (I vented about in the Elite thread, if anyone is interested), I'm stressed and my body is listening to THAT. I stopped taking my BCP for the last 2 months (mostly because i'm cheap, and DH was getting his benefits in November) so we've just been using condoms.... and now AF is 4 days late. Dh's xmas party is on Saturday.. I really wanted it to be here, done and overwith by then. I'm like 99% sure I'm not pregnant again, so it's probably just stress.

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #212
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So Matthew's decided he wants to crawl now. He'll go on his hands and knees for a little bit, then decide it's too slow, so he flops onto his tummy and pulls himself on his elbows. But he did figure out over the weekend how to go from his tummy to a sitting position. And he thinks he can climb the stairs. Except he can't figure out how to get his legs up. This kid is 21 lbs., and I swear that half of it is in his thighs! They're huge! I love baby rolls! If only my fat rolls looked that cute.....

Hope the job works out for you Katie!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #213
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow what a big guy Jennifer! Nathan is around 15.5 I think now (but I know he is small).

Katie, when will you test to be sure?

My friend had her baby today! Not sure on any details other than there were complications but baby is ok and mom still has high bp and is/was unstable. Baby is 5.5lbs, I knew the premie clothes I bought this morning were a good idea
Old 12-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #214
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Tina, I'm not sure when.... I was thinking about making a doctor appointment, since I'm sick and I don't think it's a cold (I've got a really sore throat and cough, and it looks red) so maybe I could ask if they'd do a test there. I keep putting it off
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #215
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
Fx for you Katie! I was lurking and went to the fb page I think... I Think I got distract or thought I did but didnt.. Sorry!

Finally got the Christmas tree up today and will decorate it tonight. Dh is being a scrooge per the usual. He just hates organized events or holidays that commit him to do things for someone other than himself....I believe it's bc he was an only child so anyone out there with just one lo...have another.. For his future families sake lol!
Tina, are your DH and my DH brothers (that they didn't know they had b/c they are only children?). My DH acts the same way.

I'm sorry your IUD hurt so bad. I got one after Lana was born at 6 weeks pp, I thought I was going to pass out. I also blame it for a lot of my problems breastfeeding her. I never got a period on it, but thankfully, I got preggo with Logan about 15 days after it was removed.

Tina, whatever happened with Nathan's chordee surgery? We took Logan for his consult and they told us that as long as we planned on leaving him intact that his chordee would more than likely correct itself. However, if we wanted him circ'd he would have to have 2 surgeries; one for the circ and one for the chordee. Even my DH was like "Nope lets leave him as he is!"

So we adjusted Logan's eating schedule at daycare in the last week and I have been giving him all the solids he wants (for 3 meals) after he has had a good nursing session, and guess what...He is STTN!!!! He will get up 1X but that is it from 7pm-6am. I think he just wasn't getting full enough during the day. Although he eats a lot of food, he hasn't cut out any nursing, so I think that he was hungry!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #216
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katesmash View Post
Tina, I'm not sure when.... I was thinking about making a doctor appointment, since I'm sick and I don't think it's a cold (I've got a really sore throat and cough, and it looks red) so maybe I could ask if they'd do a test there. I keep putting it off
Oh Katie, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Our house has been sick for a month but I haven't gotten anything. I think its b/c I have the immune system of steel from working in public school.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #217
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He doesn't have cordae but does have hypospadia (2 separate conditions) and he is having surgery Jan 7th. They kept changing the date for various reasons but I think this one will stick.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #218
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Katie, I sent my address in a message on facebook. If anyone else wants to exchange christmas cards, let me know. I still have a few left. Sorry you are sick. I've been sick for a month with a respiratory thing, and then we all have had a stomach virus too. It's been rough. I hope you feel better soon, and let us know what happens with the test.
Jamie, that's great Logan is sleeping better. I'm glad you found something that seems like it was an easy fix too. My dd is a crappy sleeper, and I'm beginning to wonder if hunger is part of her issue. She is very interested in what we are eating, so I guess it's time to start her on solids. I'm just lazy and was hoping we could wait longer before doing it.
Jennifer, I can't believe how big Matthew is. My dd is like Tina's ds and on the tiny end. Too funny he's trying to climb the stairs. DD pulled herself up on a toy tonight. She just started crawling and sitting, and isn't even 7 months old yet. I'm not ready for pulling up already.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #219
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think Matthew is my biggest baby so far, and I've had some big ones! My kids tend to chunk out fast the first 6 months and then maintain for 18-24 months. I remember weighing Ethan at 2 yrs. and he was still 24 lbs... and now, 6 months later, he's 31 lbs... and so is Nick!!! They're 16 months apart. Nick's still 1/2 an inch taller than Ethan, but they weigh the same now. And Nick was a pound bigger at birth (Nick weighed exactly the same as Matthew did).

Tina- Congrats to your friend! Hope she's able to recover quickly.

Jamie- for Logan! btw, how's he liking those babylegs? I used a couple of different kinds with Ethan, and he just scooted right out of them.

Cheryl- I know what you mean about not being ready for our babies to be pulling themselves up. I have a basket (big basket, 2 feet tall) of potatoes in the kitchen. Matthew loves to use it to pull himself up onto his knees, then he reaches in and plays with the potatoes. He loves watching them roll across the floor!

Andrew taught Matthew to clap last week. It's Matt's new favorite trick. I don't remember any of the other kids learning to clap this early. It's way cute! Andrew says that next, he's going to teach Matthew to blow kisses and wave bye-bye. He's such a good big brother!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #220
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom View Post
I think Matthew is my biggest baby so far, and I've had some big ones! My kids tend to chunk out fast the first 6 months and then maintain for 18-24 months. I remember weighing Ethan at 2 yrs. and he was still 24 lbs... and now, 6 months later, he's 31 lbs... and so is Nick!!! They're 16 months apart. Nick's still 1/2 an inch taller than Ethan, but they weigh the same now. And Nick was a pound bigger at birth (Nick weighed exactly the same as Matthew did).

Tina- Congrats to your friend! Hope she's able to recover quickly.

Jamie- for Logan! btw, how's he liking those babylegs? I used a couple of different kinds with Ethan, and he just scooted right out of them.

Cheryl- I know what you mean about not being ready for our babies to be pulling themselves up. I have a basket (big basket, 2 feet tall) of potatoes in the kitchen. Matthew loves to use it to pull himself up onto his knees, then he reaches in and plays with the potatoes. He loves watching them roll across the floor!

Andrew taught Matthew to clap last week. It's Matt's new favorite trick. I don't remember any of the other kids learning to clap this early. It's way cute! Andrew says that next, he's going to teach Matthew to blow kisses and wave bye-bye. He's such a good big brother!
We haven't used the babylegs yet (but they are super cute)b/c while he is a pro at sitting up and manipulating things in his hands, the crawling thing eludes him. When laying on the floor he will immediately roll to his belly, push up on his arms and then froggy kick his legs to try to go somewhere. I have tried to help him, but he always ends up with legs splayed and froggy kicking. Oh well. He is a master at figuring gadgets out. He got this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4010481

for Christmas from my Grandma, and he and my dd both love it, but he has already figured out where to put the cars and how to make it make all the noises. He is now working on the difference b/w the cars spinning and sitting still. Its amazing to watch. Its amazing how kids develop differently!