Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #41
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

Hey! Just found my way here!

Abby's 4 months today, and Monday will be one year since we found out I was pregnant. She's loving her big sister so much! Your comments about Kiera and Ethan made me think of my girls, Katie. The other morning Abby woke up fussing, and Amanda came running to see what was the matter, and as soon as she heard Amanda's voice, Abby stopped fussing and started smiling!

I'm going bald, too. Not fun.

I've had two ovulatory cycles already, and I'm getting close to ovulating again. (I am exclusively breastfeeding, too.) It's kinda nice to have my fertility get back to normal right away, though, because we're NFP-ers. Good to start charting again and know where we stand.

Advertisement

mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #42
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im going to say yes my fertility has come back *lol*...I got my bfp with rebecca in august so that time has already passed. school is back here too so making for some early mornings i have to walk my ODD to the bus stop since its a little to far for me to just let her go. makes for some long days too not having her here to help with my 2 year old they play together a lot.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #43
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Julie! It's kind of nice to have just the two kids home. Connor has this massive chip on his shoulder lately, so he whiles and picks fights with everyone. Plus he talks NON STOP and honestly it's driving me a little batty. Danny gets annoyed with the older two b/c they won't play with him and starts punching people at random. So although he's a little bored with just me and the baby, I've been able to run a lot of errands and do little outings to make things more interesting for him. That's got to be hard for you right now though, I bet you're too tired.

So what is everyone doing to "entertain" their babies? W will play on his floor mat a little bit but he doesn't seem too interested in anything but staring at people. Oh, and tv. I've caught him a few times watching the tv while I was trying to play with him. Typical man.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 09-11-2010 at 09:41 AM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #44
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

I'm on the losing hair thing too... and Ethan always seems to find them. I'm forever picking my hair off of him before he can get it in his mouth (it always finds his hands) and we've had one that could have been a "hair tourniquet" if I hadn't noticed it.

Tina, Ethan watches tv too... I don't particularly like it, but it's one way to keep Keira entertained and he seems to LOVE Mickey Mouse, he talks to the tv. He sits in his vibrator chair (the vibrator part is long broken, as he is the third baby to use that chair) and I'll put the toy bar on that. He likes to lay on the floor... he'll lay on his back and watch his sister, but as soon as I leave the room for a minute to get something done he'll roll over and get stuck on his tummy and start crying/whining to be rolled back over and now we have the exersaucer set up, he likes to play in that and big sister likes to "help" him play with it too.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #45
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've caught Matthew watching tv, too. He loves music. I turned on Enya the other day when he was being fussy and he calmed down enough to fall asleep. He seems to like Veggie Tales, maybe because it's got a lot of songs in it? We've got a play arch that we put him under sometimes. I love that he's old enough to use it! It's so much fun watching him play. This morning Adam got a big blanket out (because it's *too cold*) but then put Matthew on it and dragged him around the living room. It surprised Matthew at first, but he enjoyed it. Oh, and I love having *conversations* with Matthew. DH thinks it's hilarious, but probably because Matthew won't talk to him like he does with me.

OT-- My 6-year old recently started staying dry during the night. But he replaced that bad habit with another one... sleepwalking. Last week, I heard him crying around 10, I was still awake, so I got up to investigate. I calmed him down and he got up and started cleaning his room!! It was so funny, he picked up a big armload of toys and took them in the bathroom and acted like he was going to put them in the sink, but then changed his mind and dropped them in a toy box. Then he went and picked up more toys and put them in the toy box. Now, when I ask him to clean up his room, he says, "Okay, I'll go to sleep."
Old 09-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #46
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Jennifer that's hiliarious! I wish my kids would just clean their room without me nagging them to death, sleep or otherwise! LOL

W is desperately trying to roll over this am, and he's so mad! He just winds up curling into a little ball and can't figure it out.

I'm losing a bunch of hair too, it's so annoying. It's making the gray hairs stick out that much more. Course' I'm not losing those ones, right?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #47
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer, that's funny your ds was cleaning in his sleep. I have a friend who's oldest daughter used to sleepwalk, and she would always do it when she needed to go to the bathroom. They would tell her to go to the bathroom, and she would, and then she'd go back to bed. So maybe he needs to use the bathroom since you said he's staying dry, but now sleepwalking. Just something that popped in my head with your post.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #48
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

today i was loading the dishwasher and my oldest (4.5) asked "where is that seat that nathan likes to sit in?" me-"what?" her "you know, you put his bottom in it?" me-"ooo the bumbo seat? it's in the playroom"..fastforward 5 minutes--i walk in the living room, which is very close and open to the kitchen, just cant see from the dishwasher, and Nathan is in the bumbo, with the baby piano pulled up to it and dd is holding his hand making him play it! aghhhh! He never made a peep! i was stern and said "you do not pick up nathan! you may only hold him while mom or dad is helping you." and she said "but i didnt pick him up, we just scooted him!"..like that was ok..uhhh
Old 09-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #49
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

OMG I would freak if the boys picked up W, and Connor's almost eight! I know some moms are more lax about that, my nephew (8) tried to pick him up and carry him off and I was like... Wait.. no.. sit SIT!!! Four kids later and I'm still paranoid.

So we've been struggling with my milk supply the past week since we've had this tummy virus and lucky me, I got it in the beginning and then again this weekend. I'm giving W a bottle of EBM from the freezer while I'm sitting here reading on DS, and he keeps turning toward the screen and letting go. So I turn him around so that he's facing the computer with his back to my belly thinking that will make him happy and he leans back so that's he's upside down, still drinking, staring at me. Ok kid. LOL
Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #50
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
OMG I would freak if the boys picked up W, and Connor's almost eight! I know some moms are more lax about that, my nephew (8) tried to pick him up and carry him off and I was like... Wait.. no.. sit SIT!!! Four kids later and I'm still paranoid.

So we've been struggling with my milk supply the past week since we've had this tummy virus and lucky me, I got it in the beginning and then again this weekend. I'm giving W a bottle of EBM from the freezer while I'm sitting here reading on DS, and he keeps turning toward the screen and letting go. So I turn him around so that he's facing the computer with his back to my belly thinking that will make him happy and he leans back so that's he's upside down, still drinking, staring at me. Ok kid. LOL
ya, so not one of those lax moms here! By the way dd is tiny, she's 4.5 but only 33lbs so it's not like she's got a lot of upper body strength..which i guess is why they just scooted him lol

computer screens are sooo entertaining lol!

Last edited by tygr2410; 09-13-2010 at 08:24 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote