Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:44 AM   #511
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2010 DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal527 View Post
I think the craziness of the weekend helped distract me from the fact that my baby is one year old now. I'm not as sad as I thought I would be, but I'm worried it will hit me tomorrow and I'll be a mess.

Tina, that's kind of funny your dh forgot your anniversary. I hope he comes up with something good to make up for it though.
I thought i would be more sad on Nathan's b-day, but I wasn't in tears..although the past week when he's done cute baby stuff or hearing his baby giggles i get a little sad, wondering if we'll have another or if he is really our last and how i should be video taping more so i can look back at when he was a baby.

DH may be stupid enough to forget our anniversary, but atleast he's smart enough to know what to do when he does lol! He went to the jewelry store and got a spider pendant with small diamonds and sapphires (I know, sounds odd, a spider, but I have been wanting a different spider pendant for like, 2 years that they now longer make (it was more $$ anyways so i never bought it).

and here's a pic of Nathan, who climbed up in this mini rocking chair and was rocking himself and quite proud

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #512
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Katie, I LOVED the shot with the groom's attendants jumping behind you guys!
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #513
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, so not only did DH NOT forget our anniversary this year (I haven't really thought about it because that's the day that Matt will turn 1, this Friday), my BIL is going to babysit and DH is going to take me out! He was going to take me out last year but I told him that that wouldn't work, because I was in labor. I really didn't expect anything, just because we only go out on a *date* once every 12-18 months, and it's only been 9 months since our last one.

So yeah, Matt will be 1 in 2 more days. He's such a little MONKEY! He CLIMBS on everything. I don't know how he manages, since he's still so small, but he does.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #514
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Oh geez.. both DH and I pretty well forgot our anniversary this year... our 'dating' anniversary anyway. But it would have been pretty hard to top last year's (where he proposed LOL). I think I noticed what day it was when we were going to bed that night.. and said "oh by the way, happy anniversary!" and then we went to sleep.

Sarah.. I love that shot too. That's one of my fav's.

So... you guys can call me gimpy for now. I stepped off the curb funny when we were shopping on Sunday, rolled my ankle and it turns out it's sprained. I spent the afternoon getting it looked at (clinic first, then sent for xrays but all the xray clinics were closed by then, so had to go to ER anyway). It sucks.

Last edited by katesmash; 06-01-2011 at 01:52 PM.
katesmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #515
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Katie! That sucks! I did that last summer. Well, not a curb, but the bottom stair, I felt like such an idiot. I was hobbling around for a while and it turned a pretty shade of blue. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #516
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Just popping in to say hi! Had my appt, it was horrid! Little Miss' birthday was nice. We had cake and stuff. Pics are on FB...when I can I'll post here. Katie, hope you're ankle is doing better. That's no fun. I spent my birthday weekend two years ago on crutches due to a badly sprained ankle.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #517
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Thanks Jennifer & Lyn! I was able to ditch the crutches over the weekend, and now I'm wearing this hardcore brace thing that Bryce got after he broke his ankle a couple years ago (this was like step 3 or something... cast, then walking boot thing, and then this brace). I can walk on it, but if I do too much .... like yesterday... we had Keira's gym, Ethan's swimming (I just watched), then we hit up 5 different stores for our weekly grocery shopping (ya... it's crazy but the savings are worth it).... my ankle was killing me by the last store. It's still all bruised too, so the brace kinda irritates the bruise and that doesn't help either.
Today I drove for the first time since I sprained it. It woudl have been fine, except I hit construction so the busy road was down to 1 lane each side... AND there was a 3 car accident at one intersection.. so traffic was crawling. All the stop&go, gas.. brake.. gas.. brake... that really did a number on my ankle. Thank god for desk jobs!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #518
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys_mom View Post
Just popping in to say hi! Had my appt, it was horrid! Little Miss' birthday was nice. We had cake and stuff. Pics are on FB...when I can I'll post here. Katie, hope you're ankle is doing better. That's no fun. I spent my birthday weekend two years ago on crutches due to a badly sprained ankle.
I was worried about you when I saw that post on facebook the other day. I hope all is well with you and the baby and the doctor is the problem.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #519
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys_mom View Post

Everything ok?

Katie- sucky about your ankle, and i can only imagine a sprained ankle in stop and go traffic

Today is my birthday Trying to make the best of things, my mom is sick so we don't want to go over there, my DH is on nights and had to go in early at 1pm, and middle DS is sick, so i can't hang out with any of my friends b/c they all have kids and ds had a high fever yesterday. we did go out for lunch before DH had to go to work and that was nice, getting ready to eat the cake i got to go

My next door neighbor is moving out and just brought over a full box of dinosaurs and dino books that her DS is too old for now, and also a big box of disney VSH movies many i've never seen or don't' remember seeing...very excited
Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #520
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I take back the above, just got the best birthday present ever! Nathan took his first steps today!