Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #51
stori
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

lol that reminds me of Tucker. Stella rolled off her playmat and was about to get his toys so he ran behind her grabbed her ankles and pulled her away!

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #52
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, babies love computer screens. I'll be nursing and Matt will turn to look... Except he forgets to stop sucking. Ouch!

I am one of those lax moms My 6-year old is the best big brother Matthew could possibly have... Except the one time he dropped him. And Matthew has rolled off the couch and bed before (but only once each!). I've been teaching the kids that they can't just leave Matt where ever they want anymore because he's scooting and rolling now, and I think now they get it. My 3 and 5 year olds want to tote Matthew around like the older 2 do, but I don't let them (Doesn't mean that Andrew doesn't do it, though. But usually he just brings him in to me and says "Mom, please may you take Matt? He's too heavy!" He won't take him up the stairs).

I always have my kids go potty when they get up in the night, or when I take them to bed when they fall asleep during a movie. Even my almost 8-year old, who hasn't had an accident in 5 years! I'm definitely strict about that.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #53
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

double post. Sorry!

Last edited by KiltedKingdom; 09-14-2010 at 01:31 PM.
KiltedKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #54
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I don't mean that's a bad thing! I just know my kids are total klutzes and well.. our babies are like little buddah's - fat and with big bowling ball heads. A big heavy baby and a unsteady kid are bad news! Connor's awesome with Wyatt. He'd do a lot more with him if I would let him.

So wyatt is doing the rolling-as-locomotion thing. I put him on the quilt by the couch and next thing we know, he's halfway to the entertainment center.

He's also started waking up at around 4am again for a feeding, what is up with that business, I'm tired! LOL
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #55
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Ethan had his 4 month immunizations today. He weighs in at 17 lbs 8 oz, and is 27 5/8 inches tall. He's my big boy, and has averaged 1 1/2 lbs each month (he only gained 1 lb from 2-3 months, but made up for it with a 2 lb gain this month). He's gained just over 6 lbs since birth. I don't think he's going to follow the "double birth weight by 6 months" generalization but he might come close. He's also a whole month ahead of where Keira was (she hit that weight and height at 5 months)
Old 09-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #56
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I take Abby for her 4 month check-up and shots tomorrow. I'm curious...I think she weighs about 13 and a half pounds by now. So...she's already doubled her birthweight. She's lazy, though. She started rolling a few weeks ago, and now has given up on it. She's happy just to lay there on her tummy. No wonder I didn't feel her kick much during pregnancy--she's just laid-back!
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #57
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Ethan's an awesome roller, if we're talking back to front, But then he gets stuck. He hasn't figured out front to back yet

Quote:
Consider these general guidelines:

* From birth to age 6 months, a baby may grow 1/2 to 1 inch (about 1.5 to 2.5 centimeters) a month and gain 5 to 7 ounces (about 140 to 200 grams) a week. Expect your baby to double his or her birth weight by ages 5 to 6 months.
* From ages 6 to 12 months, a baby may grow 3/8 inch (about 1 centimeter) a month and gain 3 to 5 ounces (about 85 to 140 grams) a week. Expect your baby to double his or her birth height and triple his or her birth weight by age 1.
-http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/infant-growth/AN01654
double by 6 months, triple by 1 year? For DD, she would have needed to be 19 lbs by 6 months (she was 18 lb 2 oz, so close), 28.5 by 1 year (she was 23 lbs, so not even close... she didn't hit 28 or 29 lbs until 21 months)... and doubling the height is garbage too. Keira was 21 inches, so she'd have to be 42 inches by age 1! She's only about 38 inches now!

Ethan would have to be 22.5 lbs by 6 months, and nearly 34 lbs by 1 year. I HOPE he doesn't do it!

I wish they wouldn't make these generalizations like that, which are so ingrained in people's minds... sure they make sense for babies that are starting out around 6-7 lbs.. but for these big babies, there's just no way!

Last edited by katesmash; 09-14-2010 at 10:21 PM.
katesmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #58
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*lol* well at becca's 4 month appointment she was 17lbs something (birth was 8lb12oz) so shes almost doubled it already
Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #59
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Abby was 13 lbs 9 oz today at the doctors, so she's more than doubled at 4 months. I've decided I make Mighty Milk. (She's exclusively breastfed, and was 6 lb 9 oz at birth.) My older girl was this way, too, but did end up hitting the "triple by one year" pretty much right on.
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #60
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Matthew's probably around 17 lbs. right now at 3 months, he was 9 lbs 12 oz at birth which means almost 20 lbs. at 6 months and almost 30 lbs. at a year old. That's more than my 26 month old weighs and 2 lbs. less than my 3 1/2 year old! My babies always gain a lot the first 4-6 months then don't gain much of anything. It seems like my kids are always about 20 lbs. when they start walking, around a year old, which is double birth weight. My kids always lose a little bit of weight when we start solids and when they start crawling.