Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #621
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 2010 DDC

I got Ethan to fall asleep in his crib last night! We normally have to hold him until he falls asleep, but I was NOT doing that at 11:30pm last night. He had fallen asleep around 8:30 in his high chair because we had a late supper, so we moved him to his crib and he slept for a few hours, but then woke up at 11. I gave him his "bedtime bottle" and hoped he would fall back asleep on his own like he does in the mornings when he wakes up at 6am for his bottle. (yes, still on the bottle) but he wouldn't go back to sleep, and wouldn't settle.
I kept laying him down in his crib, and he'd fight and cry and stand back up, but I kept at it and finally I just stood over his crib and rubbed his chest to get him to calm down. He would drift off, and then open his eyes (to make sure I was still there)... it took like 15-20 minutes of standing there like that, until he finally rolled over to his side and stayed asleep. YES! SUCCESS!
I'm hoping to attempt to repeat this success tonight.

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #622
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

KAtie that is great!!! We're working, or rather i'm working, on Nathan sleeping in his crib. i've started putting him in it at 9:30 asleep or not. He cried for about 8 minutes last night but went on to sleep. I feel so bad letting him cry, but it was almost 9:45 and i knew he was really tired. Slept all night too
Old 09-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #623
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Ok last night he fell asleep in Bryce's arms while cuddling after his bedtime bottle... which is fine, I can deal with that. But then he was up at 4am, and REFUSED to take his bottle while in the crib. He's getting too smart LOL So I curled up with him on the couch and let him lay on me to have his bottle, and when it was finished I took him right back to the crib. He fought it again, and it took a good 20 minutes I'm sure.. but he eventually dozed off enough for me to leave the room without him sitting up and starting to cry again.

We're making progress! He's also teething his last eye tooth, which makes him extra grouchy.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #624
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So the past week i've been laying Nathan down in his crib while half asleep, eyes still open, and he doesnt' even get up to cry anymore, just goes right on to sleep! Sometimes i hear him "talking" to himself, but no tears. Makes for a happy baby and a happy mama
Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #625
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp
Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #626
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, Matt has found a sound that he's obsessed with. It's the "Z" sound. He sounds like a little bumblebee! And he snorts like a pig. He's so funny, because every day he's walked up to me out of the blue and just started snorting, but then I try to get him to make the noise for his father and he'll refuse. And he LOVES my yarn. He'll go fish out my projects from my drawer and bring them to me downstairs (I'm learning to knit, so I've got washcloths on needles to practice with. I also crochet, and have been working on hot pads. He thinks it's funny to pull the needles out of the knitting and the stitches out of the crochet Maybe he thinks I need the extra practice?)

So, what silly things are your *babies* doing? (I keep calling Matt "baby" and DH tells me that he's so big he's a man now, besides, we'll have a *real* baby in less than 2 months, so I need to get out of the habit of calling him a baby.)
Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #627
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom View Post
So, Matt has found a sound that he's obsessed with. It's the "Z" sound. He sounds like a little bumblebee! And he snorts like a pig. He's so funny, because every day he's walked up to me out of the blue and just started snorting, but then I try to get him to make the noise for his father and he'll refuse. And he LOVES my yarn. He'll go fish out my projects from my drawer and bring them to me downstairs (I'm learning to knit, so I've got washcloths on needles to practice with. I also crochet, and have been working on hot pads. He thinks it's funny to pull the needles out of the knitting and the stitches out of the crochet Maybe he thinks I need the extra practice?)

So, what silly things are your *babies* doing? (I keep calling Matt "baby" and DH tells me that he's so big he's a man now, besides, we'll have a *real* baby in less than 2 months, so I need to get out of the habit of calling him a baby.)

Logan is a comedian too. His one consistent word is "ball" only he says it like "BAWL" and on the repeat button. He will be sitting in the backyard digging in the dirt (he likes to bury acorns) while his daddy and I throw the football, then all of a sudden he stands up, throws his arms in the air and shouts "BAWL" until you throw him the football. He giggles pounces on it, picks it up (full sized football) and "throws" it back to you. Then he retuns to burying acorns. Then this process repeats itself every few mins. He also likes to help unload the dishwasher. He hands me all the silverware and says "Taintoo" (thank you) when I take it. He giggles all the time! They are so much fun.

I am also learning to knit. I'm almost done with my short rows on my first pair of longies. They aren't perfect but the holes won't make them unwearable! LOL
Old 10-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #628
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Just posting a driveby....

Today I am 35w2d. I had an appt with my Dr this afternoon. I have not been seen since 30 wks.

I was told I am 4cm dilated

I've dilated early in previous pregnancies, but definitely not before 37-38 wks.
I will absolutely be taking things a lot easier here. No more lifting Cody or even Aeryn at this point. I guess those ctx, while really spaced apart, were doing something after all.

Dr gave no restrictions, but asked that I call as soon as my water breaks. This should be interesting. In all 4 previous pregnancies, my water was broken for me.

Hope all are doing well!!!!

Tina how are you feeling? I did see that you announced on FB.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #629
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Aww, I didn't realize you were so close, Lyn!! Jennifer, too!! So exciting!

I was 3 cm with Carter for about a week before I went into labor, so exciting! I started dilating at 28 weeks though (well, that's the soonest I was checked anyways!). Definitely KUP!

Jennifer: A silly thing that Carter is doing now is, well has been doing for awhile now, is closing his eyes and smiling. Then he opens them up after about 5-10 seconds and just laughs. He is just such a happy boy. Always smiling and giggling about something!

Carter is in ECFE (with Matt and I) and a Music Together class (with me), and he's really starting to enjoy both. He does get a little panicky if he loses sight of us, like during the parent discussion time at ECFE. We're in the same room as them though, so we can go to him if he needs us.

We went to the apple orchard over the weekend. Carter had a blast! We have a gazillion apples now that I am still wondering what on Earth to do with.

Here are some more recent pics of Carter for those not on FB!

expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #630
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Eeee Lyn, I can't believe how close you are! Can't wait to see a pic of your new squishy

Jen.. Carter is adorable! He looks so mischievous.

Here's some pics of Ethan (and Keira) for you gals.. I've been lacking in the photos since we moved to our new house because we've been so busy! Most have been taken on my blackberry cell, which means they aren't all that good compared to a real camera.

eta - Jen: oh honey, I just saw your siggy