Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #61
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Re: May 2010 DDC

Hello ladies!

Been trying to keep up....but this is my first post in a while. I promise I have been reading along though.

I'm a bit bummed as breastfeeding is no longer working here. Since little girl was not gaining weight properly, we were forced to supplement with formula. She did not start gaining until I cut the breast milk from her diet :scratcheshead:. We weighed her at home about two weeks ago and she was just over 11 pounds. I am curious to see what she will weigh at her 4 mo visit, but that won't be until the end of the month. I might weigh her again soon just to see.

She can roll from belly to back fairly well. But she gets stuck going from back to belly. If we put her down for tummy time she will scoot around. She might be my early crawler, who knows...

Blech AF has returned. So much for my hopes of a surprise.

My oldest has only tried to hold Aeryn under supervision. And he hasn't thought of carrying her around. But I think we scared him after what happened a few years back with my youngest boy. Cody was only about 5 mos old at the time. Jonathan carried him up the steps (we live in the basement) to the kitchen. Oh man was that a scary day!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #62
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
He's also started waking up at around 4am again for a feeding, what is up with that business, I'm tired! LOL
Nathan too..and i'm tired!

got to attend the labor of a friend today and witnessed the delivery of her newest one
Old 09-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #63
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom View Post
Matthew's probably around 17 lbs. right now at 3 months, he was 9 lbs 12 oz at birth which means almost 20 lbs. at 6 months and almost 30 lbs. at a year old. That's more than my 26 month old weighs and 2 lbs. less than my 3 1/2 year old! My babies always gain a lot the first 4-6 months then don't gain much of anything. It seems like my kids are always about 20 lbs. when they start walking, around a year old, which is double birth weight. My kids always lose a little bit of weight when we start solids and when they start crawling.
Mine are the same way, they gain ridiculously fast from birth to 6mos, they have all been around 21lbs at 6mos and then 22-23lbs at a year. They get really fat, and then start getting tall so it all stretches out.

So the past few days have been rough. It started that I was only giving W a bottle of formula once in the evening b/c I just didn't seem to have enough to satisfy him at that time of night and dh liked being able to snuggle him while I cooked dinner or helped the boys w/homework. And then I got mastitis, and my right breast has been producing significantly less since then. THEN we got a tummy bug, me and Riley first and then once everyone was over it I got it again, bonus. So I was up to probably 10-12oz of formula a day and I could feel the change and decrease in supply. We were buying a lot of formula, and between that and sposies still (gotta sew those diapers this week!) that's an extra $100 a month right now that we really need not spend, the budget's tight since I quit.

I bought fenugreek and mother's milk tea and so far things are going good, and I feel fuller. Haven't been able to pump yet, I'm too worried about covering that extra feeding that he's been having a bottle plus the additional night feeding he's been waking for at around 330-4am. Going good though. I expected that last night, the first night I didn't have any supplemental milk to offer, was going to be a long night with a lot of crying but he didn't seem bothered and my milk let down over and over while he was nursing to sleep so BFing is looking up.. now if we could just get cd's sorted out we'd be all good again.

Tina, does Nathan want to play or talk when he wakes up for the early feeding or does he go right back to sleep? If Wyatt doesn't poop he goes right back to sleep, but if he does, he talks my ear off for an hour before he'll go back to sleep! I just about killed dh this am, he came in b/c W was chattering away in the bassinet and I was trying to ignore him and go back to sleep. Soon as he spotted dh peek at him he squealed and they both started giggling and a ticklefest ensued. GRRR.. no sleep for me.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #64
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey guys...I didn't even know this was here and I missed you guys!

Logan is 4 months old now and he weighed 15lbs .5 oz at his 4 month appt. He was 8.6 a birth so he is gaining well. He is EBF which is a huge victory for me b/c I couldn't do that for my DD. He eats on demand when I'm at home and I'm able to pump about 13-16oz a day and he takes 12 of it while I'm at work. He rolls from back to tummy anytime you lay him down and then gets really mad that he can't remember how to roll back to his back. He giggles a huge belly laugh when dh sings to him in an irish accent (go figure it must be a red headed thing). He thinks his sissy is the coolest thing in the world. and ....HE HAS YET TO STTN. He goes down b/w 7:30-8pm, is up bw 1-2 and then sleeps until 6ish when I wake him up for work. On the weekend he will nurse again at the 6 am feeding and go back to sleep. I'm a walking zombie on 6 hours of sleep per night and then working full time but I love my lo.

Anyway, thats my update! Its good to catch up with you ladies!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #65
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Hey Jamie! good to see you here! I thought about doing a little announcement post in may 2011 so the "old" may mamas could find there way here, but the board is hopping with new posts and I didn't want to invade on them. Maybe I'll post it to the FB page, I think anyone who was a regular poster is on it, right?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #66
stori
Registered Users
seller

Well Stella has far to go before doubling her birth weight. She was 9 pounds 14 ozs at birth but only 14 14 at 4 months..lol If she triples by her 1st bday she will be 30 pounds, yeah right....lol
Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #67
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Weighed Wyatt today on the scale at home w/me.. He will be four mos old on Friday this week. Drumroll please............................................ ...........

Sixteen lbs!!!! Holy cow, no wonder nothing fits him!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #68
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Mine are the same way, they gain ridiculously fast from birth to 6mos, they have all been around 21lbs at 6mos and then 22-23lbs at a year. They get really fat, and then start getting tall so it all stretches out.

So the past few days have been rough. It started that I was only giving W a bottle of formula once in the evening b/c I just didn't seem to have enough to satisfy him at that time of night and dh liked being able to snuggle him while I cooked dinner or helped the boys w/homework. And then I got mastitis, and my right breast has been producing significantly less since then. THEN we got a tummy bug, me and Riley first and then once everyone was over it I got it again, bonus. So I was up to probably 10-12oz of formula a day and I could feel the change and decrease in supply. We were buying a lot of formula, and between that and sposies still (gotta sew those diapers this week!) that's an extra $100 a month right now that we really need not spend, the budget's tight since I quit.

I bought fenugreek and mother's milk tea and so far things are going good, and I feel fuller. Haven't been able to pump yet, I'm too worried about covering that extra feeding that he's been having a bottle plus the additional night feeding he's been waking for at around 330-4am. Going good though. I expected that last night, the first night I didn't have any supplemental milk to offer, was going to be a long night with a lot of crying but he didn't seem bothered and my milk let down over and over while he was nursing to sleep so BFing is looking up.. now if we could just get cd's sorted out we'd be all good again.

Tina, does Nathan want to play or talk when he wakes up for the early feeding or does he go right back to sleep? If Wyatt doesn't poop he goes right back to sleep, but if he does, he talks my ear off for an hour before he'll go back to sleep! I just about killed dh this am, he came in b/c W was chattering away in the bassinet and I was trying to ignore him and go back to sleep. Soon as he spotted dh peek at him he squealed and they both started giggling and a ticklefest ensued. GRRR.. no sleep for me.
to the stomach bug

my older DS (who turned 3 yesterday!) was 8'3 at birth and 20ish lbs at 6m, is only 31.6lbs as of thursday lol

Nathan gets up to eat, and goes right back to sleep almost always. If he does want to play, i just try to ignore him and stick a boob back in his mouth and he's usually pretty happy with that arrangement lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanasmom View Post
Hey guys...I didn't even know this was here and I missed you guys!
welcome back

AFM- had a super busy weekend and i'm pooped....and annoyed with people lots of people, in general terms for minor reasons..i don't think its that hard for people to just be considerate of others, that would be a good start to a better world
Old 09-20-2010, 12:41 AM   #69
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Today my BFF (and maid of honor) and I went to a wedding expo thing. It was so much fun, we saw a wedding fashion show, got a bunch of information from local vendors, and just hung out together without the kids! I really want to start doing some real planning now!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #70
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wedding planning is so fun, Katie! It's as addictive as cloth diapering, too...
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote