Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
jpabruzzese
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
slight fever that has gone up all day to 101 and left tender breast

Could I have mastitis? I don't think I have a plugged duct, as I can't feel any lump. I'm freezing though and it's 80 degrees outside so I thought I'd check if I had a fever. Earlier today is was 99.4 and now it's 101.2. Ds is five months and doesn't usually sleep through the night, but last night he went about 8 hours before I woke him to feed b/c my left breast was quite tender. It's a bit splotchy, but sometimes that's normal for me. I'm tired and achy, but I wonder if that could be from not much sleep with a baby. I haven't been around anyone with the flu (not that you have to) but I really don't think it's that. Help

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
jnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: slight fever that has gone up all day to 101 and left tender breast

Could be the beginning of mastitis. Follow the steps on kellymom to try to ward it off and ward off a bad clogged duct: LOTS of rest, fluids, heat and draining of that side. With 3 of my 4, I have woken up so happy I got some sleep, but then having that pain, splotchy red spot, and fever/chills. If it doesn't get better in 12-24 hours, I would go to the doctor for medicine (mine could never be resolved without it). Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
jefesita
Registered Users
seller

Re: slight fever that has gone up all day to 101 and left tender breast

I felt that same way twice, and twice had mastitis. the first time I used an Antibiotic, but hated it. the second time since it was mild I tried cabbage, it worked. Just put a cabbage leaf in your bra next to your skin. it helps with engorgement too. Keep an eye on it and call your doc if it gets worse!