Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #11
sjebillings
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What are you doing for your other LO's?

When DS was born he "gave" DD a little doll that had a blankie and diaper. It was tiny, like less than 6". She loved it. My mom also brought her some finger puppets. This time. The new baby "gave" the other two each an anklet from Liana. They love them and know that they got them from the baby. I'm also telling DS that DS2 is bringing him lots of milk

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #12
Lovey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I plan to raid my gift/toy stash (collected from great clearance sales at Target, etc.) and pick something out for each of the girls to open and possibly play with at the hospital when they come visit.

DD1 is in kindergarten now, so she'll be gone most of the day after baby comes, and is looking forward to holding her new baby sister. DD2 is only 21 months - zero concept that a baby is on the way. She takes notice of "babies" when we are out and about....so not sure what she's going to do when this one arrives. Hoping to keep baby out of her reach for a while.....

DD1 helped pick out a sweet little stuffed bunny from our local baby boutique shop - for the girls to "give" to the new baby.

That's about it for us.
Wife to C (1998) , Mommy to DD#1 (2004), DD#2 (2008) & DD#3 (2010)
Lovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
kkalltheway
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey View Post
DD1 helped pick out a sweet little stuffed bunny from our local baby boutique shop - for the girls to "give" to the new baby.

That's about it for us.
Love the present from the big kids idea!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #14
kkalltheway
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasmommy View Post
I am also going to have a special necklace made for her to give to her when he is born.
Aww thats so neat mama! I really like the necklace idea.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually have the new baby bring gifts for her siblings....since my stepkids both lived with us full time even when Bella was born this has become pretty much expected around here My mom & sister have a special birth center activity bag already packed for the girls with new toys, games, activity books, snacks, change of clothes ect. My stepsons are teenaged & preteen now, so they will not be at the birth center until after baby arrives. I also have had special Lost in the Woods coming home sets made for Bella & Maddie to match Gabby's home coming outfit :-)
Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom has bought DD (who will be 22 months) a waldorf doll and is going to get her a little beco that matches mine I'm super excited about the gift but I'm sure DD will be more interested in the new baby and why mommy cant pick her up Other than that we have been reading a book about having a new baby at home. I dont think she gets it, too young.

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #17
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
Formerly: MrsMommy0805
seller

My Mood:

IDK if I'll do anything for the kids or not. I might just get them something special and small if I do. I don't think I have time to make anything.

Kelly,

It's not a big deal you can't pick her up... Just start now with going to a chair every time she wants picked up and having her climb on your lap. I did that with my DD and she never knew the difference or got upset about it. If you do it now, then by the time the baby's born she will be used to it and will know that if there's no chair around, mommy just can't hold her at that time. But once a chair is available, she will know she's able to sit on/by mommy. My son will be 2 on Oct. 7 so is not too far off from your DD. He definitely doesn't understand there's a real baby coming, just that mommy's belly is big ( "whoa!! BALL!!!" ) and thinks there's a baby in everyone's tummy, lol. One thing that really helped with my DD too (she was 3.5 when my DS was born, though) was to get her involved like "can you please get me a diaper" or what not. My DS is following instructions pretty well for his age. If your DD is not yet, she'll catch on I'm sure. Being a big sister/brother is very beneficial in a lot of ways including learning

Sorry for the long post...
PatchworkPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #18
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After seeing all the things I crocheted for baby I promised my kids I would crochet them a hat for this winter...I make them a new hat every year anyway that fits their head, but this year it's out of alpaca...so it's extra soft and cute...
Plus I thought I'd go buy some fleece and make them some snuggli type blankets for the car...otherwise they drag dozens of blankets into my car and it required me tucking them in etc...so I thought something that goes up over their arms and is like a sleeping bag for their feet would be better...We get some surprising cold here so it's a thought...now if I do it or not will be a completely different story...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

We have 11 people swarming our house from out of state when the baby's born, staying two whole days and then leaving. I imagine they'll keep him occupied while they're here but I don't even know how I'm going to CARE for both babies, let alone do special stuff for them. He just started preschool, so that will keep him occupied a couple mornings a week. I don't know...what to do! Eek!

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #20
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We plan on getting DS a few things just for him. This baby has gotten quite a bit already and he doesn't understand that the new things are for the baby and not him. Though he understands that there's a baby in mommy's belly and he knows what a baby is and how to act around it when it's out, I don't think he understands that he won't be the only child anymore though. Not only that, but we just moved as well and he's still not used to the new house, so we're going to get him a few special things to have as his own. Once the baby does come my brother and SIL will be visiting too. My nephew 1 is 9mo older than DS1 and she just had her new one on 8/15 so I'm excited to see how far apart these 2 will be.