Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What are you doing for your other LO's?

We have been reading a lot of big brother type books to 4yo Miah and a lady from BabyCenter handmade him a "Toothless" dragon from the How to Train your Dragon movie. "Little" will be giving him that as a gift just from baby brother to big brother. My sister is coming down and said she has been collecting stuff for him to "have new" or "do" while he's with us at the hospital. Also, last week we let him buy a hamster. My point with this was for him to have his own living thing that he is responsible for. (we have a cat and dog, but those he's used to) The hamster is in his room and he has to take care of it.
About 6 mos ago we started encouraging him to play with his baby doll a little more and it has served as a preparation tool too. (right now its in the cradle). I also put one of the baby's seats in Miah's room.
So, those ^^^ things, talking about it a lot and just generally planning to involve him as much as possible..

Lisa, Wife to Kenny, Mommy to Miah and Z.
Handcrafted Toys and Nursing Necklaces.
percussionsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What are you doing for your other LO's?

Each time around here, the baby has given a gift to his big brothers at the hospital and they've picked out a special teddy bear to give to him. The boys have already made their teddy bear purchase and James, in particular, can't wait to give it to him - the younger two have also been really into carrying around their own special bears and talking about their big brothers picking them out for them. As far as presents from the baby, Tyler's getting a new book that he's been wanting and I haven't decided for sure what he's going to give to Ryan and James.
Michelle, homeschooling mama of 4 fabulous boys - Tyler 8/99 Ryan 5/05, James 12/06, and Leo 10/10
dirtmagnets is offline   Reply With Quote