Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #21
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else's dh not have fmla?

Colleen - I'm the same way. Even though I work 24h a week, when I had surgeries and stuff last year for my M/C I had to take time off from work. Since that fell into the 12 months prior to this request, I don't meet the hours required for FMLA.

I can't see myself quitting work... but I don't know what other choice I have.

If I was *just* working, and not going to school I could go back PRN until I was ready to start back with my full schedule, but there's no way I can only take a three week break from the clinical aspect of school, (I still have to attend lectures regardless) and only a two / three week break from work.

DH having off to be with me is really the least of my worries at this point.

Advertisement

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #22
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Lori- Good luck figuring things out! I can imagine going to school still makes things difficult. I am so glad to be done with that.

I teach pre-k part time, so that is why I don't get enough hours there...w/ summer/vacations. My other job I work less than 20 hours, b/c of the teaching, so I don't get it there either, but oh well!
DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #23
LillyIvy
Registered Users
seller

DH works a minimum wage job, so he only gets paid when he works. He had a four day weekend and goes back Tuesday. I'm 2 days (actually a week+2) past my due date and have NO signs of labor

My mom is coming down for a whole day to cook a meal and clean the rest of my house, then I'll be on my own. I don't know how I'll handle anything if I end up with another c-section...
Old 09-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #24
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not sure how all you mamas do it! My hat is off to you!! I guess you just do what needs to be done, end of story. Really hope things work out smoothly for everyone. All you mommies with work and school going on, plus full time commitments to your family really are an inspriation. Feel free to kick me if I complain at all during the months following birth

Really makes me realize how lucky we are here in Canada. DH is taking 12 weeks paternal leave from Oct 9-Dec 31. He is using vacation time from Sept 23-Oct 8. He can have up to 35 weeks paid (55-60%) leave from work if he wanted to(that leave is what can be shared between both parents), I could take up to 12 weeks in addition to splitting the 35 with him (or taking it all myself) but with my job being at home I am just going to wing it. I can pretty much set most of my own hours around what I need so didn't think there was much point. So I believe we should have a pretty easy transition this time.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #25
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh technically has it, but it's right in the middle of the busiest part of the year in his department, plus it would be unpaid (he can use PTO but they have a mandatory furlough in Dec he needs to bank it for), and he has to go to class anyway. So I think he's doing some half days and that's about it. Maybe a day or two at the beginning. He generally helps a ton with things when he is home though, so I'm not worried. We don't really have family that can come and help (maybe a couple of hours on a weekend--the bits of family that are nearby are either working FT or in school) but our church people have requested twice that we call when I have the baby so they can bring us food .
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!

Last edited by dragondance; 09-05-2010 at 09:40 PM.
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #26
nicolenoel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH went in the week before we got our BFP to schedule his 2 weeks paid vacation and his company doesn't offer any personal days or sick days. He got all the paper work done for FMLA but it will be entirely unpaid so we have been putting a little bit away when we get the chance for him to take a week off once she arrives. He took off 2 days when Mason was born but we had a little more more time to plan this time around.
Baby #4, our rainbow is coming Jan 2014!
nicolenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #27
mama0609
Banned
seller

Faith - that's pretty much what hubby is doing too... his full time job is overnight (where I won't really need him per se) and instead of him taking off days at the part time job, he'll probably go in to the night job an hour early and then work a few hours at the PT (he gets there about 7 so maybe 7-10) and then come home. I'm trying to line up some help for the dinner/bed time routine thing but it may end up being that DH has to get up to help me put the kids to bed for a few weeks until we get the hang of it. Or he'll have to snuggle the newbie while I put the olders to bed.

It sucks... We had planned on him taking 2 weeks off straight from both jobs... Finances didn't fall that way and we really can't afford any time off at all but I figure that the bills will get paid when they get paid... Oh well if they're late... !
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote