Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Red face 2nd Birthday Party Themes?

DD's birthday isn't until December but it has been on my mind for a while now...I like to plan ahead. Last year we had a Ladybug themed birthday party. But I really have no idea what to do this year. We don't do characters as DD doesn't watch tv or movies so it wouldn't really make much sense. Also since its December we have to do everything indoors. Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2nd Birthday Party Themes?

We don't do characters either (except I want to do a dr seuss party for ds2). Does she have a favorite toy or color? Are you going to have it at your home or were you going to rent somewhere?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Polka dots????
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brainstorming:

a fish theme: you could do solid color plates and balloons ect. in several shades of blue and hang some colorful fish from the ceiling.

Pajama/ pancake party: little guests come in thier jammies and dine on a pancake bar (you could almost do them like sundaes and forgo a big cake)

Candyland: lots of primary colors and goodies

ETA: playdough party,

Last edited by mama2jack; 09-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
mama2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
We don't do characters either (except I want to do a dr seuss party for ds2). Does she have a favorite toy or color? Are you going to have it at your home or were you going to rent somewhere?
Last year we had it at the fellowship hall in the church so unless I can figure out somewhere else to have it then odds are that's where it will be again. It's really really big so space isn't an issue. Hmm..I bet I could fit a bounce house in there....

I guess your like me with characters..Dr Suess would be ok with me too but not this year. She knows her colors but doesn't have a favorite yet and I can't think of a particular toy that she likes more than all the others. She mostly like her blankie lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmomma View Post
Polka dots????
Good idea..keep em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
Brainstorming:

a fish theme: you could do solid color plates and balloons ect. in several shades of blue and hang some colorful fish from the ceiling.

Pajama/ pancake party: little guests come in thier jammies and dine on a pancake bar (you could almost do them like sundaes and forgo a big cake)

Candyland: lots of primary colors and goodies

ETA: playdough party,
Ohh I like the fish theme. She does and always has liked fish. Or I could do a cat theme..she loves cats!

Not so big on the pajama party..maybe when she's a bit older. No candyland since she has no clue about the game.

How would a playdough party pan out?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here are our previous 2nd birthday cakes. DS3 is 2 in February and I haven't decided on his yet.

DS1

DS2
The ducks are his candles and the water is jello. Faucets are marshmallows.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy-oh-boy View Post
Here are our previous 2nd birthday cakes. DS3 is 2 in February and I haven't decided on his yet.

DS1

DS2
The ducks are his candles and the water is jello. Faucets are marshmallows.

Those are super cute! Did you make them both? I really like the bathtub
Old 09-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom made them for us
Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

A friend's DD has a December birthday, and so far has had: ballet, luau/flamingo, and snowflakes. My DD didn't have a party for her 2nd, but this year it's a joint party with DS, and our theme is brown and dinos, lol. Their birthdays are one week apart, and October is prime birthday season for my local playgroup, so we're doing theirs early and together!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
stinkelein
Registered Users

My Mood:

Balloons...sis did this for her ds2 2nd last year, if balloons are a safety issue in your house you can do all mylar... my kids loved it and are old enough not to put the latex ones near their mouths
or jungle or luau.... we just did this for the joint party for sis ds1 and my dd1 (for 4 and 5 ) and it was a hit with ribs and luau type food, which in decemeber might be really enjoyable.... water games and limbo....leis and we did buckets and shovels for favors

pick an animal.... cats ( i think you ssaid that) dogs... monkeys... I have seen those three themes at the local party store
I would love to do Runaway Bunny for dd 2 's 1st.....Barnes and Noble carries stationery that could be used as invites (they have many different books this way) and possbly use pictures from the book as decor, in the case of The Runaway Bunny I would just use a lot of primary colors
We did characters one time (when dd turned 3) and have not done them since because really the same things could be done cheaper and easier without some Disney Princess on it.(DD begged for it for the party, B-i-L had got her one of the movies when she was about 2 1/2, she never really watched it, but she certainly knew who those princess were.)