Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
Gitrecca
Registered Users

Re: 2nd Birthday Party Themes?

For my son's second birthday I made two turtle pull-apart cupcake cakes. That was fun and pretty easy cause you frosted them all so they stuck together, but you didn't have to cut the cake. We also made up 5 or 6 colours of kool-aid playdough the day before (my son LOVED helping with that). Then we divided it up in little plastic cups and let each child choose three colours to start and got a big box of cookie cutters out and they all went to town! It was lots of fun. The kids all liked it a lot.

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #12
corrielainedd
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We'r doing a kitty theme this year for DD (2nd bday, November). She loves cats! ( and dogs and horses, but favors cats).

I got a cat cake pan on Ebay, Walton stopped making their cat pans in '86, so it was a chalange to find one!.
We have kitty party items from here:
http://www.ezpartyzone.com/pd-cuddly...e-package.cfm?

I got really cute kitty print fabric from Hancock fabrics, for her dress.

SAHM/WAHM to DD1 born Nov. 20, '08, and DD2 Oct. 12, '10. Expecting #3 end of Jan 2015 (team green) wifey to my wonderful DH !
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cor...20931291290000
corrielainedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS1 b-day is oct 7th (his party will be the 3rd if DH can get the day off work)
I'm stilll trying to figure out what to do for his party....he doesn't watch much at his age...only like blues clues (can't find blues clues decor but might be able to make some) and he loves anything toystory which is everywhere so i might go with that

DS2 party is on halloween (he turns 1 nov 4th) and were doing halloween themed so his is easy!
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Blues Clues isn't too hard - usually you can find lots of the small toys at thrift stores.

The cake is the easy part: Make a round 8 or 9 inch cake and 4 cupcakes. Frost with blue icing and arrange in a pawprint shape.
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you taken a look at a party store for ideas? Maybe you'll come across some plates or favors you really like and can go from there! Dd's 2nd birthday party was a 4th of July theme. Don't think that will work for you guys.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm loving the suggestions..keep em coming!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:32 AM   #17
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

Rubber ducks are always cute. We were going to do a rubber duck party for DD's 2nd birthday, but being so late in my pregnancy coupled with just returning from a 2 month long trip about 2 weeks before hand, I decided I couldn't handle the stress of getting the house ready and canceled the party. So... you know... if you want to do a rubber duck theme, I've got some supplies you can have on the cheap. LOL! I'll even include a print out of all my ideas for food and decorations that I had typed up!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #18
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For my twins' 2nd I did a Black, Red, and White theme. On the invites we told people they had to dress in those colours. I made the cake (got the idea from the internet) - I wished I would've 'cleaned up' the fondant better so it looked less flour-y but oh well.
The Cake

Napkins and plates (the invites looked like the plates 'Happy Birthday Mister') We also had streamers and balloons in B,W, and R. I got everything from the $ store. The cake in this picture had a "2" candle in it so that's why it looks a little mangled as the boys pulled it off.

Their outfits (these are long shorts that were a little too long at the time, haha)

It was lots of fun and it looked great because almost everyone remembered to dress in those colours!

Last edited by crazylife; 09-08-2010 at 02:29 AM.
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote