Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
missy5598
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Double Jogging Stroller . . .Which one to get?

Wondering if anyone can suggest a compact double jogger, that you can actually jog with. (I guess the joggers with two wheels in the front are not recommended for jogging.)

My son will be 2.5 when the new little one comes along. So I need something that can accomodate a toddler and newborn.

I was looking into Phil & Teds (not sure if you can run with this one, though), since I like that it's not a side-by-side. Does anyone have any experience with how the newborn/toddler part of this stroller works? I can't figure out where the newborn sits and where the toddler sits. I know when they get older one of the kids goes on the lower half but it seems like the lower half is for the smaller child.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just want to buy one and be done with it. Thanks!!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Mumof8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Double Jogging Stroller . . .Which one to get?

LOVE our BOB, bright red, big wheels. I have tried a few over the years and think the BOB is the best. There are different front wheel pivot models. I believe REI has them if you have one near you to check them out. We purchased ours off Amazon and have been loving our double.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Never owned one but I've seen a lot of mama's TRY to jog with the Phil and Teds and complained because their feet kept hitting the bottom seat so they switched to a BOB.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Talk to your Ped., I think that it is recommended that you wait about jogging until they are 6 mo old. But talk to your doc, dh might just be more careful with our kids than is recommended.

We use a Chariot Cougar with the jogging kit, but it's not real compact.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
missy5598
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the suggestions! We currently have a single BOB which we love, but the double is just so wide. We don't want to have 3 different strollers in the house, Graco, BOB and Umbrella. I'm trying to simplify by just getting a jogger.

I tried the double BOB, Moutain Buggy and Baby Jogger in a store and the only one I liked was the Baby Jogger, but of course it's not recommended for jogging.

I didn't think about the bottom seat being in the way on the Phil and Ted's so that's a great point. I have a feeling we'll be buying another BOB and having a separate double umbrella. I guess two strollers aren't so bad . . .

Thanks again!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i dont know about much because we've never had one. my mother had one though and it was a pain in the rear cause unless you had the same amount of weight on both seats it would wobble weird, i would try them out as much as possible and see what works best for you before you buy!
Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
teal
Registered Users

We have a P&T Dash and while we don't have two LOs yet we have ferried some groceries and other things home using the doubles kit. You can lock the front wheel into a forward position for jogging, but I think that unless you have long arms (or a bowlegged stance ) you would probably have some trouble with banging your shins on the lowriding second seat. There's no option to adjust the recline of the seat's metal frame - the recline is handled entirely within the seat fabric. The smaller child goes in the lower seat.

Did that store have a Phil&Teds model to test drive?

ETA: My SIL has the double BOB. She loves it. I've pushed my nephews around in it and it's really easy even under load!

Last edited by teal; 09-07-2010 at 02:16 PM.
teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/pr...roduct_id=1277

this is mine...its a BOB revolution double stroller...in black...and they have the umbrella thingy for both...my boys love pulling them all the way down and being boxed in...lol...my boys are 2 and 4... its not too wide, I can get through most doorways and its easy to use...
Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
gerka528
Registered Users
seller

I have a Valco, but don't jog with it, so I don't know how well it would work. I thought I had read before that the P&T aren't jogging strollers?
Old 09-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

chariot... Although I don't think I would run with a newborn... We use the infant insert once our LO is old enough to sit by themselves... Which for both our boys was 4months.