Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
MamaMyers
Registered Users
seller

OREGON mamas! Pedi recs needed!

Ok...so everytime I take Sophie to our pedi (in Newberg) she sends us home with tons of formula samples and medications. I don't want them! I have told her that we EBF and I don't want to give Sophie medications when she doesn't need them! For instance...at her 6 mo. well baby visit Soph was fine with her weight gain and height (14 lbs. 10 oz. 27 inches) and we the dr. asked us what foods she's eating I told her she has rice cereal ever once in awhile but she's not that interested in it so we are waiting. Besides, she got a rash on her trunk from the gerber sweet potatoes. So she sent us home with Enfamil and Singular for "her allergies"....

I DON'T WANT TO GIVE MY DAUGHTER THIS STUFF!!!

Sophie is meeting or exceeding all her developmental milestones and she is a very happy happy baby! She also told us that we need to get her out of our bed. So what if we co-sleep! We do it safely and I can't imagine not having our baby girl in our bed! I'm just tired of having to defend myself. I pick our pedi because she was mine when I was little and I didn't realize all of these things were going to be so important to me. But they are very important!!

Ok....very long story short... Who is your Oregon Pedi? Are they pro breastfeeding, co-sleeping, child-led solids, etc? Thanks!

(Oh, and please don't think I have a problem with formula...I don't, but I just feel like it's wasteful because I will not use it. And I feel like she doesn't take our breastfeeding relationship seriously because she is pushing it SO much!)

Advertisement

LACY
Babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping mama to
Miss S (7/06)
and Mr. S (5/08)
And a newbie coming in April!
MamaMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
autumnlily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OREGON mamas! Pedi recs needed!

Have you tried asking the momma's on www.mothering.com/discussions in the Oregon/Washington/Idaho tribe? They always have a ton of suggestions to specific questions.

I don't have any idea's though - I'm still looking myself.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
keelykellen&kiera
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lacy,

It may not be close enough, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE our pedi in Corvallis. DR. Shawn Hathaway at Samatitan pediatrics. Don't necessarily care for one of his partners, but he is beyond awesome! We EBF, cosleep, CD, BW etc, and he is very supportive. LMK if you want more details.

Hope you find what you need because there are fewer things more frustrating as a parent than a doctor who challenges/lectures your parenting style.
keelykellen&kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
keelykellen&kiera
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Forgot to add how supportive he is of breastfeeding...
Kiera was born at 35 weeks, 5pounds 9ounces. We had never met him until we found ourselves in the delivery room. (our previously beloved pedi moved just before that) She did well for being early except for feeding/weight loss issues. I will keep it short and sweet, but he never once suggested giving her formula! Saying how breastmilk is what she needs now etc.
keelykellen&kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #5
MamaMyers
Registered Users
seller

Wow! Your pedi seems awesome! That is the support I long for!! Our pedi was disappointed in us that we refused the flu shot at Sophie's 6 mo. Check up!

LACY
Babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping mama to
Miss S (7/06)
and Mr. S (5/08)
And a newbie coming in April!
MamaMyers is offline   Reply With Quote