Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

What do you think? tmi

I went to my 41 week apt. yesterday (We’ll be 41 tomorrow) it was an encouraging visit which I needed! I met with Norla (our birth center midwife) and when she checked me she was pleased with the progress that all the contractions had done. Apparently I am nearly 3, very soft and stretchy. After she checked me and stretched me a bit which was what she was hoping to do…irritating my cervix not stripping the membranes even though at this point I would have been happy for her to do that since I am ready to kick start things! But she doesn’t strip because of the risk of breaking the bag of water. Last time Norla irritated my cervix DD1 arrived 3 days later. Well, I hope this baby decides to do similarly. I had so many contractions last night and even this morning but they petered out while I slept.

I lost TONS and then tons more of mucous plug (I have been losing it for wekes) and some blood the past 2 days. But thats probably just from being stretched right?

Norla thinks in the next 7 days or so the baby should come. She said she’d consider trying a few other things *namely castor oil--and I am up for this (anyone have any experience with it?) this Monday or Tuesday if I come in still pregnant. Which I fully expect to do. At this point I feel like I am in for a 42 plus pregnancy. Yeah, I seriously do feel like that. Even though Norla gave me great hope the baby was coming soon. Idon’t quite feel it. I’ve had so many contractions that seem to go no where that I am starting to think my contractions will never go anywhere!

Yeah, I am hoping this is just a pregnancy lack of rationality on my part.

But for the mean time. I am very not excited about any contractions I get. I told Norla that the 5-1-1 rule for contractions doesn’t hold out for me. I am waiting for contractions I can’t walk or talk through for an hour—at that point–we’ll head to the birth center.

Poor dh, he’s starting to get impatient….I am resigned, now he’s impatient. Every morning he asks if I had any contractions that night. This morning I just said well if I had any I slept through them. At least the past couple of days I have been getting decent sleep.

My dd has a cold and is very clingy. I hope I can stay sane till this baby arrives!

Advertisement

Last edited by MrsS; 09-09-2010 at 10:29 AM.
MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
jblaauboer
Registered Users

Re: What do you think? tmi

Well, I hope things move along quickly for you!

I wanted to share my castor oil experience with you. Laxative effect: ceratinly! Labor-inducing effect: none for me, sorry I tried one dose, the next morning I was on the toilet. I decided to try again... 2 doses for 2 more days, toilet again, still no baby.

I ended up having my son almost 5 days after the last spoonful of castor oil I took, I had been contracting for nearly 2 weeks at that point. I would not recommend it, but if you do decide to try it, here is a tip: take it with a cup of hot tea. I tried mixing it and taking it straight, but it leaves a really nasty film in your mouth. I took a spoonful with some herbal tea already in my mouth, then washed it down with another sip. that way was SOOOO much better to deal with.
jblaauboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
MrsS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaauboer View Post
Well, I hope things move along quickly for you!

I wanted to share my castor oil experience with you. Laxative effect: ceratinly! Labor-inducing effect: none for me, sorry I tried one dose, the next morning I was on the toilet. I decided to try again... 2 doses for 2 more days, toilet again, still no baby.

I ended up having my son almost 5 days after the last spoonful of castor oil I took, I had been contracting for nearly 2 weeks at that point. I would not recommend it, but if you do decide to try it, here is a tip: take it with a cup of hot tea. I tried mixing it and taking it straight, but it leaves a really nasty film in your mouth. I took a spoonful with some herbal tea already in my mouth, then washed it down with another sip. that way was SOOOO much better to deal with.
Thank you for your insight and suggestions! I'll keep it in mind!!
MrsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
skcsarah
Registered Users

Last edited by skcsarah; 02-09-2013 at 08:38 AM.
skcsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not in your DDC but I wanted to sends

I was 41+2 when I went in for a check and had already accepted the fact that I'd be pregnant FOREVER It was pretty much then that she decided to come.

You'll be holding your baby soon!

ETA: Castor oil never worked for me either
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i wouldn't do the castor oil if you are already losing so much plug...it will be soon! Hang in there!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm def not a fan of castor oil, unless you need it as a laxitive. I used it with dd1 and it did nothing other than cramping and cause a very irritable bowel for a couple of days.
My midwife recommends against it also because she says it does not prove effective.

Yah for losing more of the plug, that's a great sign!
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
PureBliss
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hummmm, i recently was told that this girl i know did the castor oil thing, and had her baby the next day! ??? so who knows. it may work, it may not.

i say give it a go, its only a tbsp anyway, right??
good luck mama! its almost there!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hugs, mama! The baby will come out eventually! They can't read calenders, and they really don't care when they're "due". The waiting stinks, but hang in there...you'll be holding your baby soon!
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote