Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
FallBabies
Registered Users

Sending them off to school and I'm not ready!

Somebody please tell me everything is going to be okay! My babies just turned three, and now I'm going to be sending them out the door, on a school bus, off to their first day of preschool in the morning.
I don't want to do it! I want my babies here with me!

(I'm trying to remind myself that they are probably going to love it. I'm just not ready for this day to be here so soon!)

I can't believe I'm going to have to let them go.

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sending them off to school and I'm not ready!

I am in this same boat, my son was supposed to start a special pre-k for delayed speech and stuff and I am not sure its a good idea now
Old 09-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Pre-school is not mandatory so if you're really uncomfortable with it/not ready why don't you wait a year?
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my son has a bit of speech and behavior delay and is not potty trained yet he just turned 3 in august, he was 10 weeks premature also, my family has threatened to take him away from me if i dont get him help
Old 09-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sure he will love it! DD is a sensory kiddo, and started 2 full days a week of preschool at 18 months. She LOVES LOVES LOVES it. I love the quiet time with just me and DFS to get things done--errands, cleaning, watch TV, relax, etc.

I'd be unhappy about a bus, and would prefer to drive the kiddo myself, but I'm sure your kiddo will love school!

As a side note, it is perfectly normal if you kid won't/can't tell you what they did. We have been trying to get it out of DD and DD's good friend for a year what they do each day. All she will say is "We played." So if your kiddo comes home and won't talk about it, it is not necessarily an uncommon thing.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
FallBabies
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I'm sure he will love it! DD is a sensory kiddo, and started 2 full days a week of preschool at 18 months. She LOVES LOVES LOVES it. I love the quiet time with just me and DFS to get things done--errands, cleaning, watch TV, relax, etc.

I'd be unhappy about a bus, and would prefer to drive the kiddo myself, but I'm sure your kiddo will love school!

As a side note, it is perfectly normal if you kid won't/can't tell you what they did. We have been trying to get it out of DD and DD's good friend for a year what they do each day. All she will say is "We played." So if your kiddo comes home and won't talk about it, it is not necessarily an uncommon thing.

Thanks! I survived, they survived, and yeah, sure enough, they aren't telling me anything about it. The teacher's note said they both jumped right in and did fine, and they were smiling getting on and off the bus, so I'm sure it was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrugalfunlife View Post
Pre-school is not mandatory so if you're really uncomfortable with it/not ready why don't you wait a year?
Personally, I'm pretty anti-preschool, but they both have really delayed speech, so we're all hoping this gets them caught up. We'll see. My theory is they can catch up on their own, but I guess if they are enjoying themselves, it's free, so why not.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallBabies View Post
Thanks! I survived, they survived, and yeah, sure enough, they aren't telling me anything about it. The teacher's note said they both jumped right in and did fine, and they were smiling getting on and off the bus, so I'm sure it was fine.

Personally, I'm pretty anti-preschool, but they both have really delayed speech, so we're all hoping this gets them caught up. We'll see. My theory is they can catch up on their own, but I guess if they are enjoying themselves, it's free, so why not.
ah-makes more sense now My dd's both did 3 yr pre-school but I was happy to see them go
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
DS did the exact same thing last year except everyday he told me "ummm...I drank chocolate milk and ate a snack"..even on the days he didn't drink chocolate milk & his teacher said he wouldn't touch his snack
Old 09-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know the feeling mama. My little girl just started Kindergarten today, and my little boy starts preschool next week. I will miss them, but honestly I'm kinda excited. I will get 1 on 1 time with the baby, and my kiddos will make friends. It is a win win situation.

Oh and my DD had a speech problem that solved itself with preschool last year, so definitely worth it to try. Plus....it is a break. Enjoy it. LOL!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:15 AM   #10
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my son will be getting on the lil bus in an hour for his first day of pre k and he just turned 3 I would love to be able to keep him home another couple years but with the bit of issues he has he needs the extra help, i still have a 19 month old girl at home but tis gonna be hard on me