Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #241
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers •WIP• 9.7.2010

Crud, I cant find it on Rav right now, I have it in my folder in the bedroom Ashley I will find the name tomorrow. But if I remember right it is slip one, knit two, pass slipped stitch over. Or it might even be slip 2, pass 2 over. Will look in the morning!

Advertisement

Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #242
ELC Knits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also made this set out of Alice for a mama here on our lovely board - hoodless RHS

And a Bel Cloche Hat

On my Rav project page here Ashley you can see a close up of the hat and stitch. Click on the pic to make it bigger. I thought it looked like a birthday cake on her head lol!

Last edited by ELC Knits; 09-07-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #243
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Tina! I love how its all textured looking!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #244
ELC Knits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gotta take this crabby baby to bed, see you in the morning!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #245
ShyViolet
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Question for those of you who have knit the STIH- I am knitting the HOODLESS STIH. I just finished the first buttonband. Then I move to the second, then the collar. When I knit the romper for Ashley, all of that was knit together, not separately, so I'm having a hard time visualizing what I am supposed to have here since the only pic is of the hooded and knit differently. I knit the band up past the "v" to where the collar would start, then stopped. I'll do that with the second band next. Do I knit OVER the end of the band (it is curved where the V is) or up to it (which I cannot figure out since it will be only a p/u row plus 2 more...)? Does that make sense? If not, can someone direct me to pictures of the HOODLESS if anyone has any? If I can just SEE one, I think I can figure it out?

Thanks, I am going to bed and will check this and tomorrow's thread in the morning before I leave!

you guys!
When you pick up the stitches for the collar you will also pick up the edge stitches of each button band. I can take a picture of mine tomorrow but I'll be out all day so I might not get to post until the evening.

ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #246
Valeriepdx
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Question for those of you who have knit the STIH- I am knitting the HOODLESS STIH. I just finished the first buttonband. Then I move to the second, then the collar. When I knit the romper for Ashley, all of that was knit together, not separately, so I'm having a hard time visualizing what I am supposed to have here since the only pic is of the hooded and knit differently. I knit the band up past the "v" to where the collar would start, then stopped. I'll do that with the second band next. Do I knit OVER the end of the band (it is curved where the V is) or up to it (which I cannot figure out since it will be only a p/u row plus 2 more...)? Does that make sense? If not, can someone direct me to pictures of the HOODLESS if anyone has any? If I can just SEE one, I think I can figure it out?

Thanks, I am going to bed and will check this and tomorrow's thread in the morning before I leave!

you guys!
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=15634&vid=3292
This is the hoodless one that I knit. I did the collar and button band all as one piece. They do show it where they are knit seperately as well to make the collar more squared off, but I like this look better.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 AM   #247
ShyViolet
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriepdx View Post
This is the hoodless one that I knit. I did the collar and button band all as one piece. They do show it where they are knit seperately as well to make the collar more squared off, but I like this look better.
I really like that knit all as 1 piece, I'll have to do that next time.

ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #248
momof8
Registered Users
Formerly: Meesiejean
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyViolet View Post
When you pick up the stitches for the collar you will also pick up the edge stitches of each button band. I can take a picture of mine tomorrow but I'll be out all day so I might not get to post until the evening.
Yeah, I need pics...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriepdx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyViolet View Post
I really like that knit all as 1 piece, I'll have to do that next time.
I almost did that and figured there was a reason even though I couldn't find one except the collar is less rows....I'll look at this tomorrow

THANKS!

Yes, it is almost 4am here...I can't sleep and it is beyond ridiculous b/c I have to get up at 7:30 to get ready to leave by 8:15 to go to the museum....
momof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:12 AM   #249
DearHusband
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

New Thread:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...9#post11171379
Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #250
mommylifew3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverk View Post
quick question ladies
i have been knitting this pair of longiea nd the yarn is turning my hands purplei think this means the dye is not set..is there any way to do this while preventing it from running into each other, like without the colors all running together. i am so frustrated. i just made the most beautiful sweater and the trim yarn bled into the sweater and really dulled the other colors out and i am trying to prevent it from happening again. TIA
This has happened to me. I use the crockpot. POur in Water nd about 1/2 cup vinegar. Put the woolies in (no agitation). Heat it up for about 30 minutes, turn it off and let it cool completely. Don't swish them aroun at all.

Good Luck

Join Eco-Wrapz on Facebook to see my Latest Work
mommylifew3 is offline   Reply With Quote