Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #21
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers •WIP• 9.7.2010

Emily - Good luck at the doc's......hope you don't need to go to the ER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Here are the cabled longies I did over the weekend:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
There are a few more coming up soon
I love that cable!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #22
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Morning!

I dont know how much Ill get done today. Im waiting for the drs office to open so I can take Phe in. She's now coughing so hard she's gagging herself so Im gonna see if they can give her some prednisone again bc that seems to be the only thing that works.
Ick prednisone is some nasty stuff but if it makes her better that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPetiteKrottCreations View Post
good morning!

I just got back from driving Zoé to school!! I can't believe my baby is in school already It technically is still only preschool, but it is done through the school with all the same routines and stuff... here she is all ready to go

How cute is she with her little purple cowboy hat?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander's mama View Post
Morning everyone!

Wow, that was a long weekend! I spent the entire time unpacking boxes......but now we have a couch, and a table, and a kitchen and living room It feels good. There's only a few more things that need unpacking until we're done now. Though something very sad happened......somehow a box of my yarn and knitting has gone MIA With DH doing all the actual packing and moving (while I stayed at the new house and focused on getting everything unpacked) a box has somehow disappeared. I've come to the conclusion that it fell out of the trailer on the way to the house, because it's in neither place

I did finally get the guage (well size really) down on the YFW swap. I have to use the numbers for a M/L to get these smalls to turn out correctly. I just need to switch to the MC now and I'll be home free for a while on them.
That stinks! Where did you guys find a place on such short notice? I hope it's way nicer than the IL's

Quote:
Cute, Suzanne!

I've been MIA for a couple days...just too busy with everyone home all weekend to even attempt to keep up with the thread.

I did finish that striped Gift Wrap Romper that I've been working on for the past month:

And I finished those dark green longies with the big cables on them...pics later. Now I'm doing another pair of 13" inseam/14" rise pants in MM Blackberry (so so pretty!).

Emily, I hope Phe is feeling better soon.
That is too cute!!

Quote:
We have to have a very strict "no TV before school" policy, or the same thing will happen here. Which means that some mornings, like today, DS2 asks me every 30 seconds, "I can watch TV now?" after I tell him no, he has to wait until everyone leaves. "Oh. I can watch TV NOW?" No, honey, they're STILL HERE.

These are great. Mine aren't that nice. I tried to take a pic yesterday and my lens was dusty so I will clean it up and take another today.

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #23
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
There are a few more coming up soon
i just feel bad for not paying.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #24
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momk2009 View Post
looky what I just got for DD for xmas..from Nana though
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...345&vid=200001
CUTE! Good price

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanabanana81 View Post
I'll go back and MQ everything in a bit, but I have a lot more yarn to re-skein. I just wanted to pop in and post a quick pic of our Fall colorway.

Harvest Morning - with Custom Tessa Ann Buttons.

WOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post

Phe is hacking up a storm Im gonna have to go in and check on her breathing but I have a feeling we're going to probably have an ER trip tonight. When she gets like this, she gets horrid chest retractions and thats really bad and she usually ends up on oxygen Last time she was like this was back in March I think... (its usually just sept-march she;s sick and then shes fine in the summer) and they actually ambulanced her 2hrs away to a Childrens Hospital bc they thought she might need to be vented Which thank god didnt end up happening. But she was on a vent for 3 days when she was born. Ughh. This poor kid is always sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post
Tina, again, I am from FF, there is no tmi LOL That is where Niki and I met online in 2003!!!
*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~**~ *~**

Totally OT-Ok, I was just reading in Diaper chat......why do I think I may be the only cder that has never used a dipe sprayer or dunks/swishes/dumps,whatever? When I started cding in 2008, I read an ENTIRE article on diaper pre washing (things above). Basically, it said from a chemist's POV and study- this had pics and test tubes-that all the poo goes in the wash (whether you rinse or not, it still gets in there and goes out the tiny holes after it is deteriorated during cycles), and after all the water, rinsing and washing, soap, etc, the pH and sanitization is the SAME, if not a bit better due to all the rinsing, etc, than when washing regular clothes. They said there is NO NEED to swish/wash out/ dump the poo before putting in the wash. I've followed that rule, put it all in the wetbag, stuck it all in the wash, rinsed twice on cold OR use the 4 min cycle which washes w/ no detergent and rinses both on cold, washed on hot with either ORIGINAL (we have a place LOL) Tide or a squirt of original Dawn, and lastly, put the cycle on a 4 min wash and rinse with no soap on cold.......I've never had a stinky dipe (well I have had one FSOT buy that I had to just do this wash with and use tea tree oil just that one time) or had to strip dipes.
They never stain, never smell, nothing.
It seems like a lot of work when I'm not having to do as much......what's the deal?
I only dunk Ariels. Thats it. I dont rinse otherwise and have never had anything in my machine. BUT she refuses to eat corn and RARELY eats peanuts.
If they will bring the packages here thats fine just let me know what you decide to do and how many I need to watch for. My parents will be at the beach too and Im watching Toby and Amys hamster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post
If I watch a Hoarding show on TV before bed, I start panicking.... I am minimalistic and obsess about house cleaning to the point of nearly ignoring my kids (jk..kinda lol) and we declutter constantly so we live with only what we need, mainly for my sanity.....

So, watching a show like that, makes me go clean out cabinets and start a cleaning schedule...

Maybe I should not feel so safe in my safe place...I sound like a freak....a freak who is apparently OK with not washing poo out of dipes....who knew?!
That show freaks me the heck out but I HAVE to watch it.
Did you watch last night!!!! That old man was freakin EVIL looking! They "worst house ever" is supposed to be coming on Next Mon night. Im READY for that one!

Quote:
Cute, Suzanne!

I've been MIA for a couple days...just too busy with everyone home all weekend to even attempt to keep up with the thread.

I did finish that striped Gift Wrap Romper that I've been working on for the past month:

And I finished those dark green longies with the big cables on them...pics later. Now I'm doing another pair of 13" inseam/14" rise pants in MM Blackberry (so so pretty!).

Emily, I hope Phe is feeling better soon.
I LOVE THIS!!! I ADORE the colors!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Good morning First day of school here, too. Both in 3rd grade

Kailee's bottom lip is like that ALL winter long because she can't stop licking it It looks so terrible
They are so cute! I love her hair!!!
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #25
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
We have to have a very strict "no TV before school" policy, or the same thing will happen here. Which means that some mornings, like today, DS2 asks me every 30 seconds, "I can watch TV now?" after I tell him no, he has to wait until everyone leaves. "Oh. I can watch TV NOW?" No, honey, they're STILL HERE.

same here. No TV allowed before school, Paige was 'forgetting' to do too much because she was busy watching the family channel.

Those cables look great!

Question, does anyone know if I can use food dye for playsilks?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #26
Lynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momk2009 View Post
Question, does anyone know if I can use food dye for playsilks?
Yep, as long as they're really silk it'll work. Ours have faded some after 2 years, but that's partly because they keep ending up in the wrong load of laundry. I used Kool-aid but of course any food dye will work, just like with wool.

And thanks, everyone, I'm really happy with how the romper and longies both turned out.

My knitting patterns|Licensed knitters
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #27
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekamc View Post
That stinks! Where did you guys find a place on such short notice? I hope it's way nicer than the IL's
We already had a place, it just wasn't ready for us to live in......but now I guess it is Ready or not...right?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #28
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yep, as long as they're really silk it'll work. Ours have faded some after 2 years, but that's partly because they keep ending up in the wrong load of laundry. I used Kool-aid but of course any food dye will work, just like with wool.

And thanks, everyone, I'm really happy with how the romper and longies both turned out.
awesome, that will save me some money. I wanted to do some as stocking stuffers for DD and already had a bunch of food dyes, so I don't have to buy anything but the playsilks then
Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #29
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW!!! Those cables are AWESOME!!!
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #30
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love the longies and romper! Have to catch up with weekend chat, but you guys were busy! I did see some new colorsways - gorgeous!

Nearly done with the nb longies and co a cowl for my dad so put the sweater to the side. We are going to visit him and his wife next week so I have to get their gifts done this week. We'll be gone for a few weeks so I won't be able to check in but will bring some small knitting projects with me - hopefully I can get a few done while away.

All the kiddos look so dapper and cute on their first day of school.....precious.