Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
LisaAnne
Registered Users

My Mood:
Daily Chat~Tuesday, September 7

Wow! We're well into September, yet I feel like we have LOTS more babies to come! Tasha, Lori, Angela, Happy2BaMommy-sending labor vibes your way. Who am I missing that is READY?

Cheli-I don't know why, but I think 4pm is some daily child version of a full moon! The kids I nanny for turn into absolute maniacs at that time almost every day. Ihope you can get things done during the day and can find a way to cope in the evenings. Oh, and Jack was always a 3/4 swaddler-he needed to be swaddled to sleep, but hated having his arms in, so we had to swaddle him from toe armpits down so he could sleep with his hands over his head.

Jessica-I hope everything went smoothly and can't wait to see pictures of your new lo!

Jamie-My freezer is jealous of your freezer! About the only semi-exciting thing to happen to my freezer lately is that I put my placenta in it last yesterday so we can plant it with a rose bush next year, but that doesn't help our tummies now!

Mag-Only a week left! Are your other kids getting excited? I hope you have a nice day with DH and DD!

Rachael-Sounds like you had fun picking apples! I agree that adding apple butter on to your day would probably be too much. Are you glad to have your house back? Do you have things in order?

Danielle-Was Monday better than the rest of the weekend? I really hope nothing else too exciting happened!

Question for you natural Mommas-Any advice on what to do for my nipples? Alannah has literally sucked the skin off the ends of them. I've been letting breast milk dry on them before I put mybra back on and using lots of lanolin, but they're both cracked and frequently stick to my shirt, ripping off more skin. I know whe has a great latch, but both my kids have been super-suckers and I apparently have sensitive skin. I had this with Jack, but no where near as painful or severe.

AFM-Jack decided he wanted to sleep with Mommy, so somehow I ended up with both kids and the cat in my bed while DH went to bed in Jack's bed. Luckily they've both been really good sleepers and Alannah's little bit if squeaking when she's ready to eat hasn't woken Jack up.

I decided that DH needs to take Jack to the Childrens' Museum in the morning. I have literally had no time to rest and all 3 naps I've taken since Alannah was born have been less than 15 minutes. I actually feel really good, but still could use some extra rest to recover! However, overall this recovery has been a total piece if cake to last time! I really hope it continues!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat~Tuesday, September 7

Morning Lisa. I hope the musuem goes well for your husband and Jack and you get a good nap. Kevin took the kids yesterday and I napped for 3 hours. It was really nice. Glad you are feeling so good overall. Awww I miss that squeaky newborn sounds. Nikolas was always a squeaker.

Have you tried coconut oil at all for your nipples? That is what I used when I was so badly cracked when Kate and I had thrush. It worked really well.

AFM: Getting ready to go to the chiro. I went to bed with a terrible headache (first I've had in MONTHS) and I woke up with it. I so hope he can do something and I am also kinda hoping it is a hormonal shift that means baby is coming soon.

Yesterday was fun. Kevin worked until noon and then came home and took the babies out so I could nap. I slept for 3 hours. Then we had a yummy dinner and went geocaching. The park ended up getting dark sooner than we expected though so there was no time to let the babies play on the playground. So back to the playground we go today before Kevin goes into work!!!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #3
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lisa - morning. and ME ME ME!! I'm SO ready. 3 days to my DD.... so ready. I hope your tatas are feeling better soon. I don't have any suggestions, but I'm sure some other mamas will chime in soon. I hope you get some rest today!! -- and I had a dream last night that I gave birth in my bathroom.... I'm going to attribute that one to you.

AFM- DH and I had a doozey of a fight last night. Man, that man makes me angry sometimes. We were on our way home and he starts on me about Godparents for Joel. And how he wants his sister and brother as Godparents. -- Okay, well here's the thing.....I would not trust either one of them to babysit, for different reasons, so why the heck would I feel comfortable asking them to be godparents? My BIL is not living his life in a way that I want to be modeled for my children... at all. period. end of story. -- My SIL, I don't feel watches her children closely enough, and I don't agree with her choices on discipline. Additionally, there have been times when we've been over there - and Jeremiah starts crying and she just mocks him and cries at him, making fun of him. AND I HATE THAT. It's completely inappropriate, and I get super pissed when people do that.... like fly off the handle, and lecture on how inappropriate it is to make fun of an innocent child because he's crying. Obviously, my SIL and I don't really talk much (DH says to me "well the phone works both ways..." implying I should call her more), or agree on a whole lot, my secondary issue with her is -- what do we do about her DH? We do NOT like her DH, at all.... I tolerate him, on my best days. I feel like it'd be a slap in the face to ask just her, to both her as a wife and to her husband -- We're Methodist - the Methodist church doesn't require sponsors or Godparents to Baptize, so I thought we'd just decided, months ago, that we weren't going to designate. So, then all of the sudden I "Hate his entire family."

Oy. Seriously? I don't at all hate them, or anyone for that matter. Truly - I love them. But there is a level of trust there that is lacking for me. I'm VERY much intimated by SIL and MIL b/c you can't say ANYTHING (no joke, I could talk about being constipated of all things) and it WILL, within MINUTES, be told to the other one. And I'll get a phone call, for example, "aw heard you weren't feeling good.... try some more fiber." No lie. Its insane. NO conversation is private. I feel like I'm the center of gossip all the time. It's really hard. So, then his mom's presence in the delivery room gets brought up. She tells DH "well, i've seen ALL my grandkids being born, I'd really hate to miss one of them..." and DH says, well I know you're the one giving birth, so it's up to you, but it doesn't bother me any. GAH! okay. so so so sorry for the above rant. I'm crying again. IDK what to do about this whole situation. Either way, I am, once again the "jerk".
JerBearsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - doesn't it feel like the days are significantly shorter all of the sudden? It was completely dark here around 8pm last night, I felt like it should have been 10pm it was so dark! YAY for nap time yesterday. I hope you have a great day today!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amanda: I wish I had more time to post but I have to go. I am so sorry. I really hope you can smooth things over today.

Cheli: Your post from last night made me .

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies! A three day hiatus and I'm having withdrawals from not talking with all of you I can't believe there were no babies!

Lisa- Yah for a good recovery! I'm so happy for you to hear that things are going to smoothly and the thought of you being able to lay in bed with both babes, one who's squeeking at you, is so heart warming I love that snuggle time!

Shannon- A three hour nap sounds awesome! How great of DH to take to kiddos out so you could do that, I bet you felt like a brand new mama after!

Amanda- I think I forgot to tell you I got the wet bag in the mail.... Love it!! It's super plenty big enough and I think we may use that in place of a pail liner for as long as possible.. now if my RnG would only come in so I could prep the dipes...ugh! I'm having nightmares of going into labor and not having the dipes ready for the hossie or for when we get home. for you for the spat with DH and the troubles re his family. It sounds like he may not have the strength to stand up to them it's easier for him to have an arguement with you about it. I hope he's comes around and you guys are able to have a better day today

Hi to all I've missed over the weekend!

AFM- Off to the hossie for an U/S this morning and then my mw. I think I'm going to have her check me today just so I can see where I'm at, if anywhere lol I'd like to be able to labor at home for as long as possible before having to go to the hossie but bc my labors are typically pretty quick if I'm already 3-4 then DH won't feel comfortable doing that so I'd want to know where we stand now that we're t-12 days and counting!
Had a great but quiet weekend with the family. It doesn't hurt that I managed to get in a nap all three days And I'm super excited that I'm almost done work... hooray!

BBIAB so check back in....
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

pouring rain here today so I am staying in and snuggling with my doggy today. Will try to sew and cut some, but have been sleeping horribly so I don't know how much I will actually get done. My feet have joined my hands in being extremely painful so my mom took me yesterday to buy some crocs since flip-flops make the arches hurt really bad. I could fit into only 1 pair in the store (size 10 - wides) I called my massage friend and told her I would buy her lunch if she came and gave me a foot massage, so I am really hoping she calls today.

Labor vibes to everyone that needs them!! I sure wouldn't mind popping in the next week or so.

Lisa: Hope you get some relief for your nips. That sounds sooo painful.

Shannon: Hope the headache is the beginning of something for you at least. Have fun at the park!

Amanda: so sorry about all the issues with your in-laws, I would be an emotional mess too if that was happening.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi Roberta! Good luck at your appt

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #9
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Roberta - good ! I'm so glad you like it!!! I hope you have a great U/S and MW appt! I can't wait to go to the doc on Thurs to see where I'm at So much for my not wanting to be checked this time.

Randie - Thank you. I hope you get your massage! I really want to go get one, but whew are they expensive. It would be so great to have your network of friends and fellow massage therapists! Hope you have a great day!

-- DH just texted me saying that he just wants to go into Joel's L&D happy together and he doesn't want our argument to be a memory in his arrival. I haven't responded. ((sigh)). I hate fighting with him....but IDK what else to say about it. I just don't know if we're ever going to agree on this one.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Roberta: I cannot believe we didn't have any weekend babies either. I'm not sure what they are all waiting for?!?! Hope your US and appt go well. Yay for naps all weekend. That is fantastic!

Randie: I am so sorry that you are in so much pain and really hope that your friend comes through for you. Take it easy.

Amanda: Sounds like maybe he wants to agree to disagree? It is encouraging that atleast he realizes that it is going to be a sore spot if you don't clear it up now. Hope you guys figure it out.

AFM: Chiro went well. I'm going to go lay down for a bit and let everything settle and then we are off to the park! TTYL ladies.