Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #21
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat~Tuesday, September 7

cova- for fluffy mail!! sorry you're feeling yucky, but maybe the off-ness is a sign of something good to come??

tasha-WIC is so weird sometimes?? they'll probably only give you a months worth and make y9ou cme back after baby. that's what they just did with me. 2 months of vouchers to make it past my duedate, but i have to call AFTER baby is born to schedule my next appointment.

lori-sorry the contractions fizzled. i'm begining to geting impatient too, which is silly cuz i'm not due for another 2 weeks, but since my others were between a week and 2 weeks early, (progressively getting earlier...a week, 10 days, 13days...) and since I had the PTL scare I thought I'd be fighting to NOT go into labor. Now I'm wondering if it'll ever be born!! silly, huh??

Advertisement

My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #22
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Side note: i need to move these old scents of Rockin' Green. I can fit them in a Small FRB and will cover most of the shipping. $14.50/bag for US shipping if anyone is interested - I have 2 Monkey Snacks, 1 Lavender Vanilla, 1 Cherry Lemonade, 1 Mango Sorbet and 1 Grape Soda. Thought I'd offer up here first -- hope no one minds.
JerBearsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #23
Salsa
Registered Users

Good morning! Very tired this morning and just want to go back to bed. Too bad I am working instead. Hopefully I can squeeze in a nap over lunch. I'm having stronger contractions early this morning that makes me wonder if this week will be it. I'm due on the 10th just like a bunch of other mamas on here!

My oldest Wyatt started school today - he's in 1st grade. My DD Sabrina starts a new preschool next week. We have her open house tonight. Soccer was cancelled last night becuase of heavy rain, but it's starting to clear up now.

Agenda items for today include a couple loads of laundry, enrolling the kids in ice skating lessons (yikes - they start already in Oct!) and paying the bills. Besides working that is! At least it's only a 4 day week and I can hope that it will be my last working week before maternity leave!

Lisa - I always have abused nips in the first week or two. I've only just used lanolin, but I've heard those gel pack things feel good too. Love to hear you and Cheli talk about your newborns. I'm so excited to find out what this little one is and see what he/she looks like!

Rachael - sorry your feeling ill. My labor with Sabrina started with a good 6 hours of puking. It was horrible. Maybe your body is cleaning itself out for delivery?? Take it easy today and rest if you can.

Cova - love the pictures!

Tasha - funny about the WIC appt and you bringing the baby along! My sister was on that for awhile when she was single and it really helped her make ends meet. Make sure you ask about a breast pump (otherwise, I think they just offer formula coupons).

Danielle - I hope the new stroller arrives soon! I need to look into one of those sit and stand ones soon.

Anyway, I better get back to work. Have a great day everyone!
Karen
Salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #24
Salsa
Registered Users

DP - that's the first time that's happened to me!
Karen
Salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #25
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rachael- ugh...no fun puking!! maybe food poisioning? Hope the ickies are over and stay away.

Cova- love the pics!!

Amanda- maybe since he seems to want to baptize and you just don't want his siblings you could comprimise in a sense that you do baptize, but just chose completely different people? friends from church? just a thought? we have the same problem in my family too, but it's both DH and I agreeing that none of the choices are suitable ones!!

Karen-
My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.

Last edited by miraclebabysmama; 09-07-2010 at 08:18 AM.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #26
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Morning

Gah I've got such a sore throat!

I hope everyone has a good day, I have stuff to do today before I can rest and relax, so I'll be lurking...while not feeling well.

Amanda I am interested in the Grape Soda and Cherry Lemonade.

I'm starting to wonder how Jessica is...and the baby...

Last edited by magbtrfly; 09-07-2010 at 08:20 AM.
magbtrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #27
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good morning everyone!

Lisa: Sorry about the sore nips. You are doing everything that I know to do... maybe more naked boobie time so they aren't rubbing anything. I'm glad you got to snuggle your two sweeties last night and I hope you can get some rest and quiet time with Alannah today.

Shannon: It sounds like you had a fun day yesterday! Have fun at the park today!

Amanda: I'm so sorry about your fight with DH. I would feel the same way as you with the IL issues. I'm not the biggest fan of my ILs and it has taken a while for DH and I to learn to not push each other and to keep some of our opinions to ourselves. Maybe the way for you and your DH to "agree to disagree" is for you to ask him to just respect how strongly you feel about the MIL at the birth and godparent issue and for him to just let you decide. I find that I have a lot more success with my DH when I ask him to simply respect my strong feelings on an IL issue instead of trying to get him to agree with me. I usually can't get him to agree with me and it just turns into a fight neither of us will ever win.

Anyway, that's just what works for us here. Ignore me if it won't help you!

Roberta: Have a good day and good luck at your appointment!

Randie: So sorry about the aches and pains! I hope your friend can come give your feet some relief!

Cova: I love the pictures! The fluffy mail pile is amazing and your hat looks really good! The non-wonky part is just perfect! I am so impressed and all your pictures are really making me want to try knitting.

Tasha: Sorry about the fight with your mom! Menopause can be nuts - my mom actually ran away from home on her birthday a few years back during a hormonal moment. Thankfully she came back after a few hours.

Danielle: Oh I would be nervous about driving too! Just make sure that if you do go out you get everything done before the afternoon rush hour starts.

Rachael: I do my pot pies in casserole dishes. They are usually big enough for 4 adults for dinner - so for DH, Rosie, and me it turns into one dinner and a hearty lunch. I'm so sorry that you are sick today! I hope it is a quick bug and you start feeling better right away.

Lori: Sorry the contractions fizzled out! I hope you have a good day at school and work!

Karen: You have a busy day! I hope your DS has fun on his first day of 1st grade.

Mag: I hope you feel better today! Do you think a steamy shower will help the throat?

AFM: My pregnancy insomnia is back. I keep waking up during the night and just can't fall asleep for anything. At least I seem to be doing okay with the lack of sleep. I'm tired but I don't feel 100% like a zombie.

I'm hoping that Rosie and I can stay home all day today, but that might mean I need to be extra creative with meals. After all that freezer stocking, my fridge is pretty bare and I don't have much food left. I am tired today and just want to push off any more grocery shopping or cooking decisions until tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #28
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Ohhh I've already taken one this morning Jamie, it didnt help too much, but I'm hoping that Vit. C and rest will help...I'm going to work through a few of my things this morning and take advantage of DH being home and try and rest some. We have another movie to watch together. Sooo...I think I might try and get some of those snuggies in with him and DD and see if that cures my yuckies.

Last edited by magbtrfly; 09-07-2010 at 09:12 AM.
magbtrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #29
covavanessa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Goodnight ladies.

And WAHM behind Amethyst and Purls stocking at
covavanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #30
LisaAnne
Registered Users

My Mood:

I mainly came on to check for babies....None to be found yet.

Shannon-I'll have to try the coconut oil. I have been using lanonin and pulled the Soothies out of the fridge, but they really aren't helping. I guess I just need to suck it up. I was hoping someone would have a "magic solution" for me. After the papaya enzymes, I think you ladies know everything!

AFM-Off to the chiro with Alannah and a ped appt. Hopefully this will be the last poke she needs for a while!