Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
ba.merritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
UGH annoyed

So one of my friends who is also pregnant (around 20 weeks) is having her first and she is MAJORLY interested in cloth diapering her baby. She's been asking me a ton of questions and yesterday she made her status on facebook about how she wants to be a natural mama and cloth diaper her babe when she is born. Since her post she has gotten SO MANY NEGATIVE NASTY comments about it that it's really starting to piss me off. I know this may sound petty and maybe it's because i'm pregnant that i'm annoyed but you guys are the only ones that will understand since i dont have many friends who cloth diaper. Why are people SO negative when someone decides they want to try something new? Why dont they just let her form her own opinion. And they are telling her all these false things about cloth like daycares dont change cloth, and you cant change cloth in public bathrooms so you'll have to throw the diaper away???? Where do they come up with this stuff. I dunno, i'm just annoyed and thought i would vent. Have you guys ever had anyone say anything negative to you regarding your decision to cloth? I never had, i've just had a bunch of curious questions, but i'm so strong willed that even if someone tried to convince me otherwise i would tell them to take a hike.

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH annoyed

I think the majority of people just don't understand cloth...and so they stay away from these "unfamiliar" territories.
Uninformed people are usually the ones to leave these comments. Half the time they have no idea how stupid they sound with false facts.

I've been lucky so far with people and my cloth. I have some friends who just don't see eye to eye but at least they are respectful enough to not put me down in any way (nor am I in regards to them using sposies)

That's awsome that your friend wants to go the cloth route, and I'm the same Brooke I'd be telling those people where to go...but I'm just that kinda person. You don't like it..good for you but don't try to put me down for my decisions!!!

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

did you leave a comment on their w/ some truths about cloth
most people havent used cloth at all so they shouldnt be stating any facts about it
i hope you showed your friend your cute dipes and maybe some links to facts about sposies
like our landfills filling up and what goes in them
Old 09-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have friends and relatives that won't use them, but they are supportive of me using them...they think it's pretty neat but they aren't brave enough to try.

A friend of my though who's due in tomorrow with her first baby decided to give cloth a try. I gave her a bg4.0 at her shower and that got people talking. Most of them had no clue about cloth diapers and they're the ones that commented. Saying things like "good luck with that" and "we'll see how long that lasts". One of them doesn't even have children!!! I kept my mouth shut though because I tend to get defensive about it and I didn't want to ruin my friends shower. I just hope their negativity doesn't influence her in anyway.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That would totally annoy me, and i would probably put in my two cents to those people who are commenting. LIES!!! lol
I have had alot of curious minds, and some people are kinda disgusted at my choice to cloth diaper, but its my choice.. and if they have a problem with it.. they can shove it! lol
my mother in law is totally grossed out by it, and i always had to stick ds in sposies when she had him, but not this time around. Addison will be fully cloth diapered!!
Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well first of all you can feel superior in knowing that you are making the educated choice. Ignorance leads to stupidity so educate away...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had no negatives actually the only not positive is my DH wo says i am going to give up..

Everyone else is amazed because they think CDs are just PFs and plastic pants. They really have no idea.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

will this be the first one you cloth diapered?
i tried w/ my second but wasnt on internet then and only had gerber pf's and apt. washing machine so yeah that didnt last long lol
Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mostly negative comments here. Even when changing a diaper in public I have had people make comments. My MIL told me stop "wasting [DH's] hard earned money on a stupid trend." None of my family will change them either. I'm just glad that I found and have converted several friends to cloth. Cloth is back and I am so glad I have found the love even if I have to deal with annoying comments!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
ba.merritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
did you leave a comment on their w/ some truths about cloth
most people havent used cloth at all so they shouldnt be stating any facts about it
i hope you showed your friend your cute dipes and maybe some links to facts about sposies
like our landfills filling up and what goes in them
Yes i left her a comment saying that i know of a few daycares that will change cloth and that to me cloth is JUST AS easy as using disposables. I also told her to make her own judgement on what she may or may not like instead of listening to everyone else. I was really annoyed haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
will this be the first one you cloth diapered?
i tried w/ my second but wasnt on internet then and only had gerber pf's and apt. washing machine so yeah that didnt last long lol
This will be my first time CDing a newborn. I started with my son when he turned 1. It took me THAT long to convince my DH to let me. I had a friend introduce them to me when DS was 3 mos old but my husband (as usual) was against them and thought they were gross. Eventually, since i stay home with DS most the time, he let me get some grobaby's (now grovia's) and use them and then once he saw how easy they were then he was on board. Now he doesn't mind them at all, although DS is now potty trained and just wears a large BG to bed at night so it's become REAL easy for us. He is kinda weary about a newborn in them, but i dont care what he says, i bought some newborn and small dipes and i'm sure he'll put them on her haha

Thank you ladies, it's so nice to know i can vent to y'all!!!